No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny early this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this morning. High 32 except 28 near Lake Ontario. Humidex 41. UV index 9 or very high. Forecast issued 05:00 AM EDT Monday 02 July 2018

-steve

Comment

"Feels like" takes the current temperature and adds windchill. I don't see "Humidex" in my feed, but we don't get a lot of humidity in Alberta. Please provide the feed you are using and I can update "Feels like" to account for humidex in the feed.

Comment

Otto-mation Is it just the '_title' device that this happens to?

The only way a new device would be created would be if the plugin can't find the old device (ie it somehow got deleted). It's possible there's a bug - but I have never encountered this and I use HSTouch as well and understand the importance of device references changing.

Comment

HI Chris, here's the feed I'm using
          http://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-54_e.xml
          But I've learned that humidex and "feels like" are not the same. Just similar. Apparently humidex is not measured in degrees.
          http://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-54_e.xml

Bummer timing because just last week I had a few new EnvCan child device "orphans" and some new ones created, but just fixed my events by remapping and deleting the orphans and didn't think of capturing them for debugging. I will remember to do that the next time.
          I will get screen shots because in the device list, you'll be able to see that the old child devices don't get deleted when their corresponding new ones are created.
          The orphans simply have their address component removed and just my city prefix remains.

Comment

The only time a device would be deleted, is if you delete the feed. There is a warning that is displayed to ensure this doesn't happen by accident. I don't know how you are getting orphaned devices. Perhaps if this happens again the screenshots etc will help me understand...

Comment

Ok, thanks - the next time it happens (infrequently, fortunately), I will be sure to document it all, including screen shots.

Comment

Just saw in my logfile that ENVCAN is reporting an unatended error... it seems like the connection gets lost. I tried the feed in my browser and It shows the rss feed but the plugin seems to have an issue with it
                déc.-06 17:57:10 envcan error in feed: https://meteo.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-13_f.xml - La connexion sous-jacente a été fermée : Une erreur inattendue s'est produite lors de l'envoi.
                éc.-06 17:57:02 Error Posting back to plugin web page EnvCan_Feeds: La clé donnée était absente du dictionnaire.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) à HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) à Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                déc.-06 18:19:30 Error Building page: L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection. Nom du paramètre : chunkLength
                Am I the only one with this issue ?

Comment

This is what I'm seeing in my log repeatedly
                  Dec-06 7:12:11 PM envcan error in feed: http://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-54_e.xml - The request timed out
                  Dec-06 8:02:09 PM envcan error in feed: http://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-54_e.xml - The request timed out

Comment

Similar to Otto-mation but different:
                    Dec-06 21:13:52 envcan error in feed: https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-54_e.xml - The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Comment

I'm glad you guys are seeing this as well. I'm still using my own package and have the same error. At this point it looks to me as if the ATOM feed has disappeared. I've contacted EC for information. This could be a big problem for both scripts, effectively demolishing them. I'm hoping not to have to rely on a webpage rip as these are more prone to changing format regularly.
                      Let's all hope this is temporary.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I thought it was Linux related. I will test another time

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                          I'm glad you guys are seeing this as well. I'm still using my own package and have the same error. At this point it looks to me as if the ATOM feed has disappeared. I've contacted EC for information. This could be a big problem for both scripts, effectively demolishing them. I'm hoping not to have to rely on a webpage rip as these are more prone to changing format regularly.
                          Let's all hope this is temporary.
                          Yeah I see this as well. Started yesterday afternoon. Hope EC fixes it. Greg, I still use your EC scripts for my weather which has run just fine for such a long time.

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks for that vote of confidence. I'm on it. I'll post the result on my thread.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Please give 3.0.0.18 a try: https://sites.google.com/site/b123cd...edirects=0&d=1

Note: .NET framework 4.6 required for this latest version.

To update just shutdown ENVCAN plugin and replace .EXE found in the ZIP.

Comment

Wadenut not sure you got my reply to your visitor message. EC is enforcing TLS1.2 on the connection so your script will need to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X