ClobalCache for IR control of lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClobalCache for IR control of lighting

I currently run Homeseer 2.0 on a server in my basement mostly for controlling lighting via Insteon and some X-10. Right now if i want to control lights from my IR remote, i have an x-10 controller (IR 543) in my living room one floor above the server that will receive the IR - and send an x-10 signal on the powerline which the homeseer server sees and as a result triggers an event to control the lighting. this is ok but is not 100% reliable, and i am limited to 16 codes (one house code only).

i was thinking about getting a globalCache device, but i want to make sure i am understanding how it works. If I understand correctly, i would put the global cache device in my living room and connect it to my ethernet network. it would receive the IR commands instead of the IR543, and homeseer (in the basement) would receive that IR over the ethernet network and run the appropriate event. is that how it works?

anyone??

Comment

I dont really understand your problem, but I think you could solve it with either a 543ah ir receiver, that uses all house codes with a IR remote, and you can bounce around any ir coming out of your computer, presumably in your basement, by using powermid IR devices.

--Doug

Comment

I use a USBUIRT to recieve IR and then have homeseer run events to turn lights on and off. Works very well for me.
        John

Comment

Working...
        X