No announcement yet.

several CM11 modules on one HomeseerII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not tried to use the COM emulation driver, but can the IP be setup to be a domain name rather than an IP address so it will be WAN-friendly?

Comment

Hi Michael - No, I will have to set up the Quatech with a static IP address. I may have to spend the extra $10 and get a static IP address for the vacation house! Else I may have to keep changing the IP address. Actually, the DSL address has not changed since I obtained it back in late June, but that could change tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jgary View Post
        Hi Michael - No, I will have to set up the Quatech with a static IP address. I may have to spend the extra $10 and get a static IP address for the vacation house! Else I may have to keep changing the IP address. Actually, the DSL address has not changed since I obtained it back in late June, but that could change tomorrow.
        Try out My HomeSeer connect and it will keep your IPaddress updated with a HomeSeer domain name. No more worrying about IPaddress changes.
        http://store.homeseer.com/store/MyHo...n-P258C30.aspx
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I believe you need to have a PC running to connect with this HST service
          jgary, If you use the xAP connector then you can talk directly to a domain address and will not need to use the COM emulation drivers.

Comment

You can use a domain name to connect with the Quatech. I am doing this using the Lantronix virtual COM port redirector and defining the COM port with an IP of www.yourname.com:5000, etc. Not sure if you can do it with the Quatech drivers though...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              Rupp, I believe you need to have a PC running to connect with this HST service
              Yes that is correct.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can use a domain name to connect with the Quatech. I am doing this using the Lantronix virtual COM port redirector and defining the COM port with an IP of www.yourname.com:5000, etc.
                Do you have any experience on well the COM emulation deals with lost connections or when the IP of the domain changes?

Comment

Working...
                X