This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup not working

I am new to HA and to the Homeseer controllers and software so my questions may look dump or easy to the rest of you.

I downloader the Homeseer2 demo version and try to have a look what it does. My problem is when i push the setup button the page becomes blank and the explorer shows done but i do not see anything. I tried the Opera and internet explorer with the same results.
    I need to control the plug in so to try to design an interface with the HS touch software and also i need to connect my WMC.
    What i am doing wrong

Thank you in advance

What version of HomeSeer did you load? Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file. The log file is located in the logs directory within the HomeSeer 2 directory.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp
      According to my program files in Control panel i upload the 2.3.19 HS version.
      Attachment is the log file that i get but i do not know what does it mean or how to solve the situation.
      Thank you very much
      Attached Files

Comment

The log shows HomeSeer running as a service. I would recommend not running HS as a sevice until you become very familiar with HS. I would also not running HS as a service unless you absolutly have to. So uninstall the service and restart HomeSeer and it should finish loading the apps you chose from the updater.

Comment

Hi Rupp

I did uninstall the service and restarted HomeSeer. It finished loading the apps i chosen and also the WMC plug-in.
          Again i can not see the setup. Everything else works i believe.
          I copied the installer to my WMC but i get this message again (attachment print screen)
          That is because i can not determine the WMC plug-in from the setup menu isn’t it?
          Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

It looks like my situation is difficult, isnt it.
            I check everything i could do to find a solution why my setup is not working.
            At the end i unistalled the HS and installed it again but setup nowhere appears.
            Maybe HS is not for me

None had the same problem before?

Comment

What operating system are you running? Which WMC plugin did you load?

Comment

Hi Rupp
                Win XP Prof for the controller PC that i have the HS2 installed
                Windows media server for XP
                The plugin is for WMC XP as well
                The problem is that i can not have access to the setup so to configure the plug in.
                Thank you very much

Comment

Hi All,
                  Since few day's I have problems accessing the setup page from my Imac. (Firefox and Safari). It will show a blank page. Other pages like the status events etc will show correct.
                  From Windows machines it's working fine.
                  I have checked all possible option's including changing MTU, proxy with no success..

OSX 10.6.2
                  Homeseer 2.4.0.3

Comment

Working...
                  X