Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak Client on Squeezebox error "Can't connect to server for:"

Hi,

Can anyone please help with this error that I get everytime i'm trying to send an announcemen from Homeseer via Squeezebox plug-in to my squeezebox Radio. The error is "Can't connect to server for: http://<squeezecenter ip="">/suqeezebox/SpeakIn.wav"

I'm able to access that link via a browser and able to play it, but none of squeezebox hardware player are able to...

I tried to search the forum and google it, but I'm still clueless on what is going on..

Any help for a newbie like myself wold be greatly appreciated..

Alex</squeezecenter>

How are you sending the announcement, i.e. which API or action are you using? Also and maybe only specific to the post, there might be a typo in url (suqeezebox --> squeezebox).

Comment

Are you using WaveInput or the TTS (in plugin) to peak the messages on the SqueezeBox players?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        Are you using WaveInput or the TTS (in plugin) to peak the messages on the SqueezeBox players?
        Hi again,

I am using the TTS as my server does not have a sound card...

I manage tomget it to work by creating a custom config file for wav to flac and used the bit rate limiting, but i can't seem to be able to consistently make it work... I still do get the can't connect to server error once in a while... I have no problem controlling my squeezebox from a browser consistently...

Thanks for your help...
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Westalex View Post
          Hi again,

I am using the TTS as my server does not have a sound card...

I manage tomget it to work by creating a custom config file for wav to flac and used the bit rate limiting, but i can't seem to be able to consistently make it work... I still do get the can't connect to server error once in a while... I have no problem controlling my squeezebox from a browser consistently...

Thanks for your help...
          Alex
          I have just downloaded this plugin for evaluation and am also getting this error. Can I ask what you had to do to get it working?

Thanks.

Comment

OK, works now. I just installed the lame encoder and set the bitrate limiting to 320kbps. Brilliant!

Comment

Hello,

Since upgrading to the latest 2.1 beta, this problem has resurfaced.

The difference this time is that there are also errors in the HS.log. The errors logged are:
              An unexpected error occured in the SpeakToFile function/subroutine: [System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045006): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045006 at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalL ateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.HSPI.SpeakToFile(String& FileNameWAV, String& FileNameMP3, String& TextToSpeak)]..
              and
              Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\HomeSeer 2\html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn.wav.

I can see that a new SpeakIn.wav file is generated in html/SqueezeBox but it is timestamped about 20 seconds after the speech attempted to play.
              It seems as though it is having trouble creating the file and by the time it does the queezplayer has already tried to retrieve the file.

Usually the error on the squeezeplayer is "Cannot open file for for ..."
              but occasionally I also get:
              "Error reading headers: Bad header: '<HTML><h2>Bad Request:/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn.wav</h2></HTML>'...propogated at"

John
              (Edit: The HTML tags in my post around the "Bad Request" have been interpreted when the post was displayed, hence the large black text. I was not shouting :-). The Bad Request text is wrapped between HTML and h2 tags.

Another edit:
              I just tried to play the SpeakIn.wav file generated on the HS server and it doesn't appear to be a valid wav file. It has a size of 46 bytes and won't play on a media player.
              Last edited by JimBob; February 15, 2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Did you use the new option to play it as mp3 file or as wav file? Were you using V2.1.0.1 Beta (latest I posted a few days ago)?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yep, this is with the latest beta that I downloaded on 14 Feb. (Plugin version: 2.1.0. File version: 2.1.0.1)

I left the settings the same when I upgraded so this was using the wav format.
                  I tried again ticking the Use MP3 box but it gives the same error, albeit with mp3 instead of wav in the error description below:

An unexpected error occured in the SpeakToFile function/subroutine: [System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045006): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045006 at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalL ateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.HSPI.SpeakToFile(String& FileNameWAV, String& FileNameMP3, String& TextToSpeak)]
                  I also get this error:
                  Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\HomeSeer 2\html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn.mp3

Regards,
                  John
                  Last edited by JimBob; February 18, 2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Well, after a homeseer restart it has started working! I had left the Use MP3 option selected. After a restart, I noticed I got a speaker announcement, although it repeated 3 times.
                    The next speaker announcement played twice. ??

I will keep an eye on it and keep you posted.

Comment

Do you have multiple speak proxy plugins enabled? If you play (in a music player) the generate wav or mp3 file does it repeat as well?

Comment

Before I had a chance to play the wav/mp3 file it creates, the problem is back again, getting the HS error log error when speech occurs and the funky HTML error on the SqueezePlayer.
                        But now HSPhone is having trouble creating the wav/mp3 files when I get a phone call. Not sure if this is the cause or a symptom but I have never had this HSPhone error before.
                        I still have MP3 option selected for the Squeezebox plugin speech. When I look in the html/Squeezebox directory there is only a SpeakIn.wav file of 46 bytes size.

What do you mean by "multiple speak proxy plugins"? I have the "Enabled Speak Proxy" checked on the SqueezeBox plugin. I sometimes have 2 HS speak clients connected if that's what you mean. I don't have any other plugin that provides a speech proxy or does anything else regarding speech.

Thanks,
                        John

Comment

OK, ignore the HSPhone error, it is a red herring. It was trying to email a saved voicemail that wasn't actually created as the call was too short.

Comment

By "multiple speak proxy plugins" I meant other plug-ins that support speak proxy. I made several revisions / enhancements related to the Speak Proxy functionality in the latest beta plug-in I just posted.

Do you have an event triggered by HomeSeer speaking and that would speak some text? This would build an endless loop of messages to be spoken... I ran into this during my testing ! I used to mp3 file format during my testing and was working fine with the latest version.

If the issue occurs again, enable the "Speak Proxy Debugging" in the plugin configuration (new in latest beta) and send me the resulting log file.

Comment

Great, thanks. I will try the latest beta.

No, I don't have any other plugins that support speak proxy.

I don't have any events triggered by speech (I didn't know you could do that!) but I have plenty of events that when triggered have actions to speak text.

Will let you know how I get on with the new beta.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X