Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davis Weather station

is there a davis system that integrates well

Yes, all of the Davis systems integrate with the help of scripts and additional software packages. I have a Davis Vantage Pro and use Weather Display which has scripts that update devices in HS to track sensors. There's other ways as well. A quick search will turn up various threads and ideas.
    Here are a couple of threads to get you started.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174913
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169824
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'd also suggest looking into Netatmo. Ultra has a wonderful plug-in for it, and the system is stupid-simple to set up. You are limited by the number of temperature sensors, including technically just one outdoor temperature sensor, but I've had no trouble using an indoor sensor outdoors (appears to be the exact same unit, but for the mounting options).

They offer a rain gauge, and have announced a wind sensor, too (which was supposed to ship last month).

It does upload data to their servers, every 10 minutes I believe, and then the plug-in downloads the data from there. I've found it to be rock solid. The only time I've had a problem is when we've lost Internet connectivity in the house -- I haven't detected any server-side issues. Of course, this means that you cannot detect instantaneous changes in temperature, rain, and so on, but I find 10 minutes a pretty good compromise.

Comment

Here I utilize Cumulus. There are Homeseer 3 Plugins for Cumulus.

The Cumulus software is free and I would recommend supporting the author with whatever you could give.

Jon00 has a free Cumulus plugin. I would also support Jon with whatever you could give.

There is WeatherXML integration to the Cumulus software. I would support Jeff too with whatever you could give.

Here integrate mcsSprinklers weatherdata from Cumulus. Works great.

CumulusMX is running on a RPi2 today and doing well. It also runs on Wintel or iOS these days.

It connects today to a Davis Vantage Pro and a Davis Vantage Vue and a Fine Offset.

I purchased the Fine Offset weather station for around $75 a few years back.

CumulusMX today uploads to WUN, CWOP and hosted web site. It has done this now for years.

I am using the base Cumulus HTML weather template. You can do anything though with the hosted website.

I am currently testing out timelapse photography for the weather cam. Works fine on the RPi2.
        CumulusMX weather station website.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; November 8, 2015, 08:57 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here I utilize Cumulus. There are Homeseer 3 Plugins for Cumulus.

The Cumulus software is free and I would recommend supporting the author with whatever you could give.

Jon00 has a free Cumulus plugin. I would also support Jon with whatever you could give.

There is WeatherXML integration to the Cumulus software. I would support Jeff too with whatever you could give.

Here integrate mcsSprinklers weatherdata from Cumulus. Works great.

CumulusMX is running on a RPi2 today and doing well. It also runs on Wintel or iOS these days.

It connects today to a Davis Vantage Pro and a Davis Vantage Vue and a Fine Offset.

I purchased the Fine Offset weather station for around $75 a few years back.

CumulusMX today uploads to WUN, CWOP and hosted web site. It has done this now for years.

I am using the base Cumulus HTML weather template. You can do anything though with the hosted website.

I am currently testing out timelapse photography for the weather cam. Works fine on the RPi2.
          CumulusMX weather station website.
          +1 for Cumulus

Comment

thanks everyone

now i have some homework

Comment

Working...
            X