This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Pretty cool! Even deals with Canadian postal codes for weather.

A few observations:
    1- clicking a tile gets a device from Off to Dim 1%, as opposed to default On value
    2- The initial display for a device will be "Dim (value)%"; only after a refresh will it replace it with the actual numerical Dim level

Note: My installation is Insteon.
    If you click the tile, it will cycle through the available modes: On, Off, On Last Level, Dim. There is a three second delay for it to actually activate on the selected mode. I'm still tweaking and refactoring so I hope to get the "Value %" changed to reflect the actual dim value.

Comment

I've posted 1.0.0.1 to the first post in this thread. This fixes the Dim not showing the correct dim value.

Comment

Really having fun.

I'm struggling with the images. As an example...
        PHP Code:
        <hsdevice class="hstile"  params="url: 'http://192.168.0.109', ref: 28, color: 'steel', icons: {
                                              'Disarmed': '/images/HomeSeer/status/unlocked.gif', 
                                              'armed': '/images/HomeSeer/status/locked.gif'}"
        ></hsdevice
        I have verified that the path for the images is correct, but no image shows up.
        What is the magic here?

Great job Wayne
        Don

Comment

It's nothing that you're doing wrong. I actually haven't coded in alarm system states yet. So there is no code to recognize a status of Arm, Armed, Disarm, Disarmed. I'll add that in for you.

Right now I'm banging my head trying to figure out a way to use the ASCII interface so that I can pass status updates automagically back to the tiles. I'm not seeing a very straight forward way to do it using just javascript. I just simply can't connect to it. I'm afraid I may have to go the route of some sort of proxy server, but that will add a level of complexity to this that I'm afraid some users won't want to deal with.

Comment

Yeah, for someone like me w/ limited brain cells, I'm already in the deep end of the pool. But it's sooo cool.

Is there some way to incorporate both the location and location2 names of the device? In my case I have devices named 'overhead lights' and differentiate using location2 like 'office' and 'living room'.

Thanks.
            Don

Comment

Have a few fixes coming to a few minor issues that I've found. The next build will also include support for Arm/Disarm devices.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                ... Right now I'm banging my head trying to figure out a way to use the ASCII interface so that I can pass status updates automagically back to the tiles. I'm not seeing a very straight forward way to do it using just javascript. I just simply can't connect to it ...
                Does it return 'OK' when you request authorization (au,user,pass)? And that will be quite a challenge. As authorization is compulsory with the ASCII interface, I had to define with HS a local user with password, even if I allow local access to HS without a password.

So either you ask all users to create such a user/password combination on their HS and have a way for them to make that available to your JavaScript, or you ask all users to create a common generic user/password combination which is then hard coded in your JavaScript.

P.S. See my response to your other post on the ASCII interface (status changes)

Comment

Apologies if I have glossed over how to do this, but I am wondering if I can set up status only devices which just report a string, and also if it is possible to set double or triple width tiles (like the news ones) to report the string.
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                    Apologies if I have glossed over how to do this, but I am wondering if I can set up status only devices which just report a string, and also if it is possible to set double or triple width tiles (like the news ones) to report the string.
                    Do you have an example? Screenshot of the device? You really should be able to just create a new <hsdevice> and pass in the refID of your status only device. The tile should report back correctly with the current status. If needs to be wider, I could add a new parameter for you to specify the width, ie. two-wide, three-wide, etc.

Comment

Sounds great, I think it might have been because I had not removed the icons I guess from the config part, if it was possible to specify a width & height (relative to the normal tile), e.g. 1x1 is default, you could then be 2x1 which is two wide, 1 high, and so on that would be fantastic
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                        Sounds great, I think it might have been because I had not removed the icons I guess from the config part, if it was possible to specify a width & height (relative to the normal tile), e.g. 1x1 is default, you could then be 2x1 which is two wide, 1 high, and so on that would be fantastic

I can change it so that you can specify a tile width, but don't want to start getting in to height changes for the hsdevice type. If you have a specific type of device that requires a very large layout to present info in a certain way, it might be better to create a new tile type.

Comment

I'm extremely excited to announce that I have FINALLY!!! gotten the ASCII interface communicated to the tiles. So if you turn on a light, the associated tile will show that the light is on. If you lock the door, the tile will update to show the door is locked. Previously, as those of you who are playing around with this already know, you had to manually refresh to get the tiles to display status of devices you didn't control through the UI.

There is a catch, though. You will need to install NodeJS to get this to work. You will then need to configure a small proxy server to run as a service. The proxy service is responsible for receiving updates from your HomeTroller and passing the info to the UI. You will also need to be running .153 of HomeSeer software which I don't believe Rich has publicly released yet.

I will post instructions in the 1st post of this thread once I get everything finalized.

Comment

I'm extremely excited to announce that I have FINALLY!!! gotten the ASCII interface communicated to the tiles.
                            Are you getting unsolicited status from HS or are you asking for status?

There is a catch, though. You will need to install NodeJS to get this to work. You will then need to configure a small proxy server to run as a service.
                            I'm not clear why NodeJS is needed, but I suspect you know more than I do; can you provide more details?

You will also need to be running .153 of HomeSeer software which I don't believe Rich has publicly released yet.
                            Is it a D/L somewhere?

Comment

I gather you are using something like websockets to communicate with the tiles and Node.js, or is this some other way, like an ajax thingy.

Not suggestion to reinvent the wheel, but if you are going the websocket way it may be worth looking at superwebsocket, I am using this in a number of my personal plugins and one I am hoping to release soon and it works on mono and windows.

Comment

I needed NodeJS to create a proxy between the HTML UI and the ASCII interface which is a pure tcp connection. There is no way to communicate from HTML to a TCP server. I tried websockets and server sent events but none would work. A proxy is the only way to broker the communication.

Comment

Working...
                                X