Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating

Hi All,
    It seems my HS3 will not update. It states there is an update.
    Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297 Update 3.0.0.318 available.

When I update, it goes through the restart but when it comes back it still is the old version. I also do not get the correct info such as sunrise, sunset and don't see anywhere to save the info when I enter my area.

I also get a register online. I did purchase the software so not sure why it is asking for this but do not know the info requested.

Thanks for any help,

Jason

You will want to SSH into your controller and log in with username homeseer, password hsthsths3, then use the command below

./updatehs.sh 318

Once this is complete, you will want to use sudo reboot.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

What would be the first command to get to the controller? Where do I get the update from?

Thanks,
      Jason
      Last edited by serky; July 21, 2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

On the Zee-2 there is a GUI option to update which should work. That said the below long math way should also work.
        I updated last night from 318 to 342 here and my Zee-2 GUI still shows an update to 318 anyhoot.

You would utilize SSH via Putty on Windows or a terminal session in Linux.

Note if you have never done this before then google putty and WinSCP if you want to do this from Windows. IE: install Putty and WinsSCP.
        WinSCP provides you with a nice explorer like interface to your Zee-2 box.

Basically the command line in Linux is just ssh homeseer@ipofhomeseerbox which is similar to using Putty.

Once you get there then you have to change to the HomeSeer directory ... make sure that HomeSeer is off when doing this. Also make sure you have a backup of the entire directory before doing this.

1 - SSH to Homeseer box
        2 - cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
        3 - sudo ./updatehs.sh 318
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am using terminal on a mac

don't know how to get to the homeseer with ssh.

when i do this:
          Jasons-2016-MacBook-Pro:~ jasonserkin$ ssh homeseer@ipofhomeseerbox
          ssh: Could not resolve hostname ipofhomeseerbox: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

when i ssh, i get this
          Jasons-2016-MacBook-Pro:~ jasonserkin$ ssh
          usage: ssh [-1246AaCfGgKkMNnqsTtVvXxYy] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec]
          [-D [bind_address:]port] [-E log_file] [-e escape_char]
          [-F configfile] [-I pkcs11] [-i identity_file]
          [-J [user@]host[ort]] [-L address] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec]
          [-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p port] [-Q query_option] [-R address]
          [-S ctl_path] [-W hostort] [-w local_tun[:remote_tun]]
          [user@]hostname [command]

then don't know where to go from here.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

When he said "ipofhomeseerbox", he meant that you substitute that with the Homeseer computer's IP address, like 192.168.1.nnn. You should be able to find that at https://find.homeseer.com and do a search.

Comment

Even easier, find it on the homeseer help page.

So for me, I would type ssh homeseer@192.168.1.103
              Attached Files

Comment

oops, that was silly.

this is what i get now. the update did not work

thanks for the help.

jason

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:/usr/local/HomeSeer $ sudo ./updatehs.sh 318
                rm: cannot remove ‘hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_318.tar.gz’: No such file or directory
                --1970-01-01 18:05:01-- https://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinu...0_0_318.tar.gz
                Resolving homeseer.com (homeseer.com)... 45.32.195.211
                Connecting to homeseer.com (homeseer.com)|45.32.195.211|:80... connected.
                HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
                Length: 6809426 (6.5M) [application/octet-stream]
                Saving to: ‘hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_318.tar.gz’

hslinux_zees2_3_0_0 0%[ ] 0 --.-KB/s in 0s

Cannot write to ‘hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_318.tar.gz’ (No space left on device).
                tar: This does not look like a tar archive

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
                tar: Child returned status 1
                tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
                Installing files

Comment

. 318 was pulled shortly after release. Use version 340.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    . 318 was pulled shortly after release. Use version 340.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                    For just Zee or SEL too? I don't see 340 and am on 318.

Comment

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:/usr/local/HomeSeer $ sudo ./updatehs.sh 340
                      --1969-12-31 20:51:16-- http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux...0_0_340.tar.gz

Comment

Sounds like your SD card is full -- possibly a runaway log file.

To verify enter this command: df -h /

A proper response would be something like:
                        Code:
                        Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
                        /dev/root       3.6G  1.2G  2.3G  34% /
                        If I'm right yours will say 100%.

To find the large file, you can use: du -s *

Start in the Homeseer root, /usr/local/HomeSeer. Issue the above command. The name after the biggest number contains the problem. cd into that directory and do ls -l to view, or another du -s * if necessary to descend further down into the filesystem to locate the bloated file.

Comment

I'm not sure any of these updates are going to work on the MAC as that was a special version that hasn't been updated in a while due to low support. I'll double check with Dick and respond back.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

@serky

ZWolfpack mentions

Sounds like your SD card is full -- possibly a runaway log file.

This same issue cropped up yesterday with another Homeseer user.

Before proceeding to update you will need to correct this issue of no space.

BTW here my two HS3 machines were on 318 (long time) and I updated to 343 yesterday and all appears to be running OK right now.
                            Last edited by Pete; July 23, 2017, 06:41 AM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Do I need an SD card? That would be the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X