Replace device in ISY - HS not updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace device in ISY - HS not updated

This past weekend I had to replace a switchlinc. I pulled out the old one, put the new one in. Logged into the ISY Admin console and added the new device address. Then right clicked on the old switchlinc and ran the replace with function. This went and configured the new switchlinc with all the settings and links from the old switch, removed the old switch and renamed the new switch to the old name. Everything is working from the switch, control linc's, etc....

But when I went into HS, I noticed the status was not correct for the switch. I also noticed that I can not control it from HS. After further investigation, I notice that the Address, Technology Address, ISY Plugin Device Filter ID are all still showing the old SwitchLinc address.

Is there a way to force this to update or a way to update it to the correct new SwitchLinc address?

The replace device function has never been supported by the plug-in. I'm not even sure it's possible to handle that case correctly.

The ISY knows that you're replacing one device with another, but I don't think it notifies clients that it's a replacement. I haven't really looked at this closely but I think the ISY should be sending the following to HS.

- New device added
    - Old device deleted
    - New device rename

But I'm not sure. Those are the only control messages that the ISY can send so there's no opportunity for the plug-in to know it's a replacement and try to fix up triggers and actions.

If you delete the HS device and restart, the plug-in will create a new HS device for the new device.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I think you can detect this (perhaps make a queue of suspected changes?) by looking for device with the same full name (including folders) but different address...

Comment

As of version 3.0.0.45 the plug-in should handle device replacements. Turns out that the ISY does send a notice when replacing a device, but not an actual change command like it does for adds, renames, and deletes.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X