www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeSeer HS-WV100+ Water Valves

HomeSeer HS-WV100+ Water Valves HomeSeer water valves

Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:02 PM
Super Seer

Install

Decided to bite the bullet and try one
Received Unit.. easy install to my Z-Wave
Dug out existing ball valve
made decision, all parts 40 years old, time to replumb
ordered new PRV,Ball Valve, and Fittings
see next posts for progress

Attached Images

Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8
Old October 8th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Super Seer

Parts all in.. looks like I need to expose more feed due to increased length
Attached Images

Old November 16th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Super Seer

and just prior to burying ..
Attached Images

Old November 16th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Super Seer

I put a section of tubing over the wire to protect them from weather
put silicon inside to prevent moisture
Attached Images

Old November 16th, 2016, 05:31 PM
OverSeer

Very nice Geary.

Did you sweat those copper pipes?

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old November 25th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Super Seer

here is the finished outside..
Attached Images

Old November 25th, 2016, 08:45 PM
OverSeer

Looking great!
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old November 2nd, 2017, 08:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

I just received this water valve. I haven't installed it yet. I plan to get a plumber to do it.

My water line is actually only 1/2" (I have an old home), but 3/4" is the smallest valve for the HS-WV100+. A plumber I spoke with said it might affect the water flow using this 3/4" water valve, but the change in water flow shouldn't be noticeable. Any reason to be concerned? Don't think so, but figured I'd post the question.

I included the Water valve into my Z-Wave network. Kind of strange, but the HomeSeer log said:

"2 out of 3 Child devices of node 101 were created successfully".

It's kind of a strange log message, since one might imply that there should have been a 3rd child device that wasn't created successfully. Is the log message just a bad message? After I included the device, I see these 3 devices:

1. HomeSeer Tech Water Valve (the root device)
2. System Notification (a child device)
3. Water Valve (a child device)

So, is above the 3 devices that I should have?

EDIT: I watched the HomeSeer video of this valve, and I see the video has the 3 devices that I mentioned above. The log message is, IMO, a bit confusing (granted, at least in the Homeseer log window, it was black text and not the orange/red text).

Thanks.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

Well, I'm not sure if it's a great idea to let Alexa know about the water valve. It's not something that should normally be done via Alexa voice control.... although in case there is some emergency situation, and I'm not around (or don't have an event to close the valve automatically), and my wife wants to close the valve, she can just say "Alexa, turn off water valve". Alexa (basic skill) doesn't know "close" or "open". But Alexa, knows on and off.

However the default configuration of the Water Valve device is wrong. If you tell Alexa to turn on the water valve, it closes it, and if you tell Alexa to turn off the water valve, it opens it. Sort of the opposite of what it should be.

To resolve this, in the Water Valve device's Status Graphics page, I changed,
for value 0's "Control Use" fro "On" to "Off". For value 255's "Control Use", I changed from "Off" to "On". Now, if I say "Alexa, turn on Water Valve", the water valve is opened. If I say "Alexa, turn off Water Valve", the water valve is closed. Seems more intuitive this way.