Can't select topic to chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't select topic to chart

I had an issue with my HS3 (high load). So I upgrade to Mono 5.12, HS3 linux 435 and mcsMQTT 3.4.1. Everything seems to work fine, but I can no longer select any subscribe topic to chart even though they are in the history db. The drop down menu below "Left Axis Topic/Item" does not seem to work.

Thanks for a great plug in.
    John

@John,

Here using mcsMQTT V.3.4.0 with Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and Mono Version 5.12.0.226

Here is my lightning charting using an RPi2 with Node Red / OWFS / MQTT

1 - Associations
    [ATTACH]68950[/ATTACH]
    2 - History DB
    [ATTACH]68951[/ATTACH]
    3 - configured a Rate variable for charting.
    4 - Charting of rate
    [ATTACH]68952[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]68953[/ATTACH]
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the setting. I did not realize I had to check the "D" col to chart. The "D" col is new to me.
      John

Comment

Yes references to the "D" topic are over here ==> Version 3.4.x.x

What is nice now is that you can choose the Left Axis Topic/Item rate or accum variable.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

To be clear on H vs. D. There are two tables in the History database. One contains Topic/Payload and one contains Device/Value. It will be rare that you have both the D and H checkbox checked since that would be duplication of data in the History database.

There are two Chart tab selectors for each left and right axis. The top on is Topic and the lower one is the Device.

The hyperlinks on Payload rows will bring up a chart from the Topic/Payload table. The hyperlinks on the LastDate rows will bring up a chart from the Device/Value table.

John, it seems you are trying to chart data from the Topic/Payload table. Are you indicating that the Chart tab selector is present and you have the date range specified, but no chart appears or a message that no data present?

Comment

I came from version 3.3.? where there was no "D" col. I was able to select my subscribe and publish topics without problem and graph them. With version 3.4.x.x, I could no longer select any subscribe topic even though I could see the data in the history db. Interesting, I could select my one publish topic. When I looked at Pete's set up, I notice he had both the 'H' and the 'D' cols selected. When I did that I could select the "Device" that corresponded to my subscribe topic. I could not retrospective graph the subscribe data, but it graphed the data going forward from the time I selected the 'D'. Based upon you description of the 'H' and 'D' cols, I do not think my 'H' table has an issue. However, I did uninstall and install you plug in a couple of times, which could of screwed up the data. Right now I am graphing the data I need, so I am happy.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Yes went to using just the "D" check box and unchecking the "H" box here and only charting a rate device versus the topic payload.

I had just left it alone from the original use of the "H" box when it was the only choice versions back.

I keep adding more and more Node Red stuff and starting the SonOff stuff this weekend baby steps fashion.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Unfortunately, checking the "D" Col is not working for me as it will only record one device. If you check a second device "D" col, the data does not get records. I have about 4 devices I need to graph, but I can not get the plug in to record the data even thought I see the data in the HS3 log file and the "D" col are checked.
                Any help would be appreciated.
                Thanks
                John

Comment

If you have debug enabled then there will be HSEvent information in the debug \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTTDebug.txt that shows what mcsMQTT does with the HS callbacks. These are the stimuli to save to the mcsMQTT device database table.

Easiest for me is to also see your Config\mcsMQTT.ini and \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.db and \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTTHistory.db. Posting or email mcsSolutions at centurytel dot net will work. If you have broker username/password then you can remove them from the .ini file.

Comment

Working...
                  X