- Fixed Certain Devices not working with Events
    - Fixed an error that occurs during device creation
    - Added Device XM & SIRIUS CATEGORY

Please report bugs, Thanks

-Tom-
    Attached Files
    -Tom-

Tom,

Thank you for the latest beta. - I installed 1.1.1 this evening, but still cannot connect using TCP/IP (I am connected through the serial port).
    Thus far I have changed nothing - just installed the new beta- everything else works fine.

Is there any debug info I can offer?

Comment

Originally posted by richardo View Post
      Tom,

Thank you for the latest beta. - I installed 1.1.1 this evening, but still cannot connect using TCP/IP (I am connected through the serial port).
      Thus far I have changed nothing - just installed the new beta- everything else works fine.

Is there any debug info I can offer?
      Yes u could provide a debug log of it connecting and/or adjust the delay in the config to 2000, that is a large delay, but I'm curious to see if that would work, I also recommend checking the ip settings in the receiver to make sure you have the correct address and that the port is turned on, is it a static or dynamic ip and also try doing a hard reboot of the receiver, unplugging power and Ethernet cable, then plugging in and then plugging in the Ethernet cable, I know if the receiver had a connection before and it was lost sometimes it had to be reset, this was an issue with mine, also just try changing ur receivers ip

Also are there any free onkyo software on the Internet used to control the receiver, I've seen a few before, just curious if those work

-Tom-
      -Tom-

Comment

Tom, I'm still having the same issue as with the original plugin where it's not properly detecting the off state of my receiver.

The plugin will always detect then the receiver is turned on whether remotely or via the plugin but MOST of the time will not update the off status accordingly. If using the plugin I can use the "power standby" button 3-4 times and, while the receiver turns off, the plugin thinks it's still on. This also occurs when operating the receiver remotely. The only way for it to update the status is to use the "poll receiver" link in the plugin setup.

As you mentioned previously, I had a script setup to poll the receiver once a minute but that functionality appears to have been removed from this beta as I get the following error:
        Code:
        Running script, init error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.Plugin(...).PollUnit'
        Any help in diagnosing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
          Tom, I'm still having the same issue as with the original plugin where it's not properly detecting the off state of my receiver.

The plugin will always detect then the receiver is turned on whether remotely or via the plugin but MOST of the time will not update the off status accordingly. If using the plugin I can use the "power standby" button 3-4 times and, while the receiver turns off, the plugin thinks it's still on. This also occurs when operating the receiver remotely. The only way for it to update the status is to use the "poll receiver" link in the plugin setup.

As you mentioned previously, I had a script setup to poll the receiver once a minute but that functionality appears to have been removed from this beta as I get the following error:
          Code:
          Running script, init error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.Plugin(...).PollUnit'
          Any help in diagnosing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
          I dont know if you read my note on the other BETA, but you have to delete your power devices and rerun create devices...

Yes the pollunit command is different in the new version since it was never officially supported.. ill have to figure out the call

Are you using TCP/IP or Serial?

-Tom-
          -Tom-

Comment

Tom, I fully uninstalled your old version, deleted the devices, and reinstalled. I then let the plugin poll and recreate all devices. As stated above, the plugin power buttons and evens generated with them work a) ALWAYS for ON and b) SOMETIMES (less often than more) for OFF

This existed with all of your plugins since the original betas.

I'm using serial and have scripts that I've written for HS that work properly and scripts with Eventghost that also works so I know it's not the cabling.

Cheers,
            Mark

Comment

Tom, I fully uninstalled your old version, deleted the devices, and reinstalled. I then let the plugin poll and recreate all devices. As stated above, the plugin power buttons and evens generated with them work a) ALWAYS for ON and b) SOMETIMES (less often than more) for OFF

This existed with all of your plugins since the original betas.

I'm using serial and have scripts that I've written for HS that work properly and scripts with Eventghost that also works so I know it's not the cabling.

Cheers,
              Mark
              It's has to be a timing issue, in the config increase the send delay real high to see if it resolves the issue, set it at like 3000 just to test

-Tom-
              -Tom-

Comment

I've increased the delay to 3 seconds and I'll play with it when I get home; will keep you apprised.

Thanks,
                Mark

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't work. While the remote turns off the receiver, the plugin (most often) still thinks the receiver is on.

I then hit the "power standby" button in HS several times before the plugin determines that the receiver is off. If I poll the device, it detects the change in state and updates accordingly.

Any idea why the plugin isn't detecting the state change ONLY on power off?

Thanks,
                  Mark

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't work. While the remote turns off the receiver, the plugin (most often) still thinks the receiver is on.

I then hit the "power standby" button in HS several times before the plugin determines that the receiver is off. If I poll the device, it detects the change in state and updates accordingly.

Any idea why the plugin isn't detecting the state change ONLY on power off?

Thanks,
                    Mark
                    Sometime when u send a command from the status page, the page refreshes before the receiver sends a signal back saying the status is updated, Maybe try refreshing manually after turning the unit off to see if it actually updated or not, Also try turning on debug mode and see if the plugin is receiving the off/standby command...

-Tom-
                    -Tom-

Comment

Tom, refreshing the page does not help and any events that should be generated by "power standby" don't. I have debug enabled and it's not showing a power off from the receiver when I manually turn it off. When using the button in HS it shows the command being sent but doesn't confirm response.

Keep in mind that this occurs about 50% on power standby but that power on works 100% of the time.

The ONLY reason for my purchasing this plugin is to turn on/off the projector and subwoofer(s) when the receiver turns on/off. Unfortunately this isn't working reliably.

Also, the removal of the ability to poll the receiver from an event was somewhat of a backwards step as this, at least, increased the reliability of the event generation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
                      Mark

Comment

Tom, refreshing the page does not help and any events that should be generated by "power standby" don't. I have debug enabled and it's not showing a power off from the receiver when I manually turn it off. When using the button in HS it shows the command being sent but doesn't confirm response.

Keep in mind that this occurs about 50% on power standby but that power on works 100% of the time.

The ONLY reason for my purchasing this plugin is to turn on/off the projector and subwoofer(s) when the receiver turns on/off. Unfortunately this isn't working reliably.

Also, the removal of the ability to poll the receiver from an event was somewhat of a backwards step as this, at least, increased the reliability of the event generation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
                        Mark
                        I understand your frustration, as for the poll command, that was never officially supported in the docs, i kind of just told you about that in the message board here, i can add that back into though next version,

I am at a lost really unless there is a way i can hook up to your receiver to do some error checking, There is a thread that is always checking for commands, and before the command is ever processed it shows up in the log as RAW DATA, do you at least have that showing up when the plugin receives the command? If not it seems the receiver is not sending it? Any chance you are connected through an edgeport?
                        -Tom-

Comment

Tom, I finally got a chance to do a debug log. It appears that the plugin isn't fully capturing the PWR00 and instead is just seeing it as RW00. I can repeat this 60-70% of the time.

The following debut shows me :
                          1/ turning off the receiver with a remote
                          2/ hitting the 'power standby' button in HS twice in hopes that it will update the status
                          3/ finally using the "poll receiver" button in order to fix it.

Code:
                          11/27/2010 10:48:41 PM 	NO ECHO 	Power Off for TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Power Control; Power On (3 days, 1 hrs, 3 mins, 33 secs)
                          11/27/2010 10:48:41 PM 	Device Control 	Device: Z-Wave Interface Subwoofer Power (Q2) OFF
                          11/27/2010 10:48:41 PM 	Event 	Event Trigger "Subwoofer Off"
                          11/27/2010 10:48:37 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	Debug Mode Disabled
                          11/27/2010 10:48:34 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	Receiver 1 Polling Unit
                          11/27/2010 10:48:27 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(PWR00)
                          11/27/2010 10:48:27 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Found in Queue(PWR00)
                          11/27/2010 10:48:22 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	In ButtonPressEx for TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Power Control, button pressed is Power Standby
                          11/27/2010 10:48:14 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(PWR00)
                          11/27/2010 10:48:14 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Found in Queue(PWR00)
                          11/27/2010 10:48:14 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	In ButtonPressEx for TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Power Control, button pressed is Power Standby
                          11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command (WR00) Not Processed
                          11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Recieved Command(WR0) Code(0)
                          11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Number of Commands Recieved(1)
                          11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM 	TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA 	DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 RAW DATA !1WR00
                          Also, the receiver is connected directly to the serial port on the computer. There is no usb-serial converter nor remote serial connection.

Cheers,
                          Mark

Comment

Hi Tom,

As for Marks problem, just a pointer: When I experience loss of data on a com port it usually is either a flow control problem (especially Xon/Xoff is known for this kind of trouble) or a routine which scans com ports (to see if certain hardware is connected). Also a possibility is an (deleted) modemdriver which still has active hooks in the system (softmodems are notorious in this case).

As for my bug report: The plugin's polling routine works great when the receiver is powered on. But with my Onkyo powered off, the plugin increases cpu use up to 50% or higher. This is tested on a clean install (2.4.0.1 -> 2.4.0.72) and confirmed by disableing the plugin.

Alex

Comment

Tom, I finally got a chance to do a debug log. It appears that the plugin isn't fully capturing the PWR00 and instead is just seeing it as RW00. I can repeat this 60-70% of the time.

The following debut shows me :
                              1/ turning off the receiver with a remote
                              2/ hitting the 'power standby' button in HS twice in hopes that it will update the status
                              3/ finally using the "poll receiver" button in order to fix it.

Code:
                              11/27/2010 10:48:41 PM     NO ECHO     Power Off for TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Power Control; Power On (3 days, 1 hrs, 3 mins, 33 secs)
                              11/27/2010 10:48:41 PM     Device Control     Device: Z-Wave Interface Subwoofer Power (Q2) OFF
                              11/27/2010 10:48:41 PM     Event     Event Trigger "Subwoofer Off"
                              11/27/2010 10:48:37 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     Debug Mode Disabled
                              11/27/2010 10:48:34 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     Receiver 1 Polling Unit
                              11/27/2010 10:48:27 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(PWR00)
                              11/27/2010 10:48:27 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Found in Queue(PWR00)
                              11/27/2010 10:48:22 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     In ButtonPressEx for TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Power Control, button pressed is Power Standby
                              11/27/2010 10:48:14 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(PWR00)
                              11/27/2010 10:48:14 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Found in Queue(PWR00)
                              11/27/2010 10:48:14 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     In ButtonPressEx for TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Power Control, button pressed is Power Standby
                              11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command (WR00) Not Processed
                              11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Recieved Command(WR0) Code(0)
                              11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Number of Commands Recieved(1)
                              11/27/2010 10:47:04 PM     TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA     DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 RAW DATA !1WR00
                              Also, the receiver is connected directly to the serial port on the computer. There is no usb-serial converter nor remote serial connection.

Cheers,
                              Mark
                              Wow that is weird, It shows the data is being lost before it even reaches the plugin... Raw data section of the log is after the plugin just reads in whatever data is waiting on the com port and prints it before doing anything... I could add a work around for the power command that will fix your issue... however i wonder if its an issue with more then just the power command? Could you check?

Ill do some research on com port data lost but have you checked liked domeadapt says? "a routine which scans com ports" because it could be scaning the ports at the same time and robbing some of that data...

-Tom-
                              -Tom-

Comment

Working...
                              X