This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc in X10 mode FAQ request

Can anyone point us to a doc that explains how to program a KPL like the 12074 within HS?

I have it working well with Plato, both as toggles and radio buttons - it acts as a dumb terminal.

Based on the difficulties some are having with the PLC/PLM costruct, I am opting to stay functional with the (very) old HouseLinc whilst waiting for the final Insteon release, which I assume will also talk to the older KPLs.

In the meantime, I am test-bedding with HS, and am excited to move to it once it all works...

Thanks in advance for any light shed!!!!

Update to above: I got it working reliably (I think). The basic premise is:
    on recieved X10 "on", turn off all buttons sequentially in seperate actions, with 1 second between, beginning with a 2 second delay to let the KPL finish executing the keypressed code, then turn "on" the button in question with the same delay. Example: 4 button construct, for "A On" - B off + 2 second delay entry, C Off + 3 second delay, D Off + 4 second delay, then A On + 5 second delay. The delays do not accumulate; it seems more like AT T+(delay), execute action. The total runtime is about 6 seconds. Skipping delays, sadly make it wonky; I tried all combinations and this clunky code seems to be solid.

Comment

Working...
    X