Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see Comm reliability monitoring made more robust. I have been able to use the feature on the devices page to troubleshoot devices, but it would also like to:
    1. Manual or script-based reset of the data vs losing it after each restart of the plugin
    2. Scriptable variables to access the data for each device
    3. Event triggers when comm becomes unreliable (can help Id a failed device)
    Last edited by Spot; October 25, 2009, 07:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Spot View Post
      I would like to see Comm reliability monitoring made more robust. I have been able to use the feature on the deevices page to troubleshoot devices, but it would also like to:
      1. Manual or script-based reset of the data vs losing it after each restart of the plugin
      2. Scriptable variables to access the data for each device
      3. Event triggers when comm becomes unreliable (can help Id a failed device)
      i have just added the ability for the plugin to save/reload the comm data between restarts (thus no losing data). I will probably add a manual reset initially. the plugin tracks "total transactions" and "number of failures", i should be able to make these avail via script in a later version
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

What is the plan for new releases. Will they go through the updater? Will there be beta releases? Is there a thread for "what's changed"? Etc.?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
          What is the plan for new releases. Will they go through the updater? Will there be beta releases? Is there a thread for "what's changed"? Etc.?

Thanks
          I plan to post updates (via a zip file) here in the forum. (hst may post new stable versions in the updater) i will start a new thread and list the new features and fixes in the version.

i was thinking of starting a thread that everyone could subscribe to in order to get notified when i post the new version. what do you think?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That sounds great. Can't wait for the next update.

Comment

That makes sense to me.

Comment

plm plugin ver 1.2 beta is ready

I just posted version 1.2 beta for the PLM at the following thread. Please provide feedback on the new thread.

If someone can post the SDM3Server.dll file, i can make a build for the PLC.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138428
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Basics:

1. I occassionally have a device that is not up to date but I get no warning from the plugin. Overall syncing of HS to the network is not the best and needs improvement. I would like to know when a HS device is out of sync and better yet have the plugin automatically fix it.

2. Insteon groups - There needs to be a feature to force sync the group and the lights. I have keypadlincs and if I turn them on / off with the group all is fine and I have them crosslincd on the network. However, if I use HS to turn on a light or to dim it to a set %, the other group members are not updated (i.e. the keypad button is not lit if the light is on). This seems like it could be a simple feature.
                  Heatvent,
                  I need another example for #2. I know groups can only be controlled from HS specifically from the group device. Changing an individual device (EITHER locally OR remotely) in a group does not affect anything.

are you looking to have the group device updated based on a members status, or vice versa, or something different?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here's one of my examples. In my office, I have 1 light. It is connected to the load on a 2476D. A second 2476D is used as a controller. I also have a button on my keypadlinc.

Using insteon lincs, I can crosslinc everything to the load switch so that if I turn on any of the switches, the light goes on and all switches show the light as on, or dim or whatever. The setup is like this:

Code:
                    Controller               Responder
                    Keypadlinc button      2476D-Load
                    Keypadlinc button      2476D-Controller

2476D-Load             Keypadlinc button
                    2476D-Load             2476D-Controller

2476D-Controller       2476D-Load
                    2476D-Controller       Keypadlinc button
                    HS group is the only thing I can't sync this way. I basically want to treat the HS group as another device crosslinc'd to the other devices and have it respond like a regular insteon device would.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

i think understand the setup/situation.

you basically have a couple of scenes setup with the switches (external to the plm and hs) and want your btn presses to update the hs group as well.

The issue is linking these external scenes with hs groups. switches/btns controlling scenes have a different address than groups controlled by a plm. thus there is not way to associate the two in the code.

so, I think we would need a virtual link managment screen to do this.

if you have any suggestions for associating an external scene back to hs, i'm open to ideas
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Request

Is there any way we can get the "Room" information incorporated in the plug in. Currently it just displays the "Location", but I have several duplicates and it would be great if I didn't have to maintain a separate cross reference. It doesn't matter if it's on the Manage Devices screen or only on the detail screen or both.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by imissnixon View Post
                          Is there any way we can get the "Room" information incorporated in the plug in. Currently it just displays the "Location", but I have several duplicates and it would be great if I didn't have to maintain a separate cross reference. It doesn't matter if it's on the Manage Devices screen or only on the detail screen or both.

Thanks.
                          i guess you are have enabled hs location2 and renamed it and using it as 'Room'.

what are your typical 'location' values? are you using floors or something else

the reason i ask is because you should really try to build unique device names using just device location and device name. You may run into problems if you every try to use any of the scripting functions like SetDeviceValueByName which expects a unique name (location + name).

I will add your Room (ie location2) request to the wish list assuming my first few comments are correct.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            i guess you are have enabled hs location2 and renamed it and using it as 'Room'.
                            Yes, sorry it was so long ago I forgot I named it.

[QUOTE=mnsandler;897994]what are your typical 'location' values? are you using floors or something else

Inside, Outside, and some miscellaneous categories

the reason i ask is because you should really try to build unique device names using just device location and device name. You may run into problems if you every try to use any of the scripting functions like SetDeviceValueByName which expects a unique name (location + name).
                            I haven't ever used anything but the specific device ID, I always assumed that that would change less often than I change the name

I will add your Room (ie location2) request to the wish list assuming my first few comments are correct.

Comment

Here's one of my examples. In my office, I have 1 light. It is connected to the load on a 2476D. A second 2476D is used as a controller. I also have a button on my keypadlinc.

Using insteon lincs, I can crosslinc everything to the load switch so that if I turn on any of the switches, the light goes on and all switches show the light as on, or dim or whatever. The setup is like this:

Code:
                              Controller               Responder
                              Keypadlinc button      2476D-Load
                              Keypadlinc button      2476D-Controller

2476D-Load             Keypadlinc button
                              2476D-Load             2476D-Controller

2476D-Controller       2476D-Load
                              2476D-Controller       Keypadlinc button
                              HS group is the only thing I can't sync this way. I basically want to treat the HS group as another device crosslinc'd to the other devices and have it respond like a regular insteon device would.

Hope this makes sense.
                              i have been looking into this request...

lets assume an HS group is a group built using the current plugin and a device group is a group of remote devices controlled by a kpl (a group basically outside of hs and the plm/plc)

one issue is these two groups require two different set of links in each device so the devices will respond to hs or a kpl. a second issue is that hs/plm can not initiate a device group and a remote device can't initiate a hs group.

what i can do is to create a hs device that represents the 'device group' and have it go on/off as you change the group remotely. However based on my previous comments, you won't be able to change the status of the 'device group' from hs.

so i haven't come up with a good solution to have everything synced regardless of where the scene is initiated.

comments welcome
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

How do the current groups work in HS? Is there a way that the plugin could monitor an Insteon group and then use this information to mirror the HS group to act the same? Also, not sure if the ISY people are open to helping since your plugin is a competitve product, but I believe their product works well with groups (actually I think they refer to them as scenes). There might be some good info on thier forum or perhaps they would be willing to comment on if/how they solved the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X