X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
    How do the current groups work in HS??
    not easy to answer, but basically when you turn on group via the hs stat page, the plugin sends the grp broadcast msg. and if you have the group cleanup option set; the plugin sends group cleanup msgs so each responder/participant which will respond with its status. then the individual devices on stat page are updated.

Is there a way that the plugin could monitor an Insteon group and then use this information to mirror the HS group to act the same?
    the plugin could monitor the members/participants of the group. But what would be the logic for changing the hs group device status? You basically can't control the entire hs group remotely.

sorry for answering a question with a question,but
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Let's see if I understand correctly. Curently a hs group and a device group are separate because insteon devices can't add hs/plm as a device in a scene, right?

If so, what I am thinking is don't create the device group outside hs. When a hs group is created, hs would need to do two things:

1. Create the device group (I think this can be done as I think the isy can do this).

2. Create a hs device that:

A. can send group commands to the same devices as in the device group created in 1.

B. When it receives a group command from the device group, updates the status of the hs device associated with the same group (virtual device group member).

I would think the result would be a hs device that sends/receives to/from the device group. The cost is a second set of links.

Comment

Let's see if I understand correctly. Curently a hs group and a device group are separate because insteon devices can't add hs/plm as a device in a scene, right?

If so, what I am thinking is don't create the device group outside hs. When a hs group is created, hs would need to do two things:

1. Create the device group (I think this can be done as I think the isy can do this).

2. Create a hs device that:

A. can send group commands to the same devices as in the device group created in 1.

B. When it receives a group command from the device group, updates the status of the hs device associated with the same group (virtual device group member).

I would think the result would be a hs device that sends/receives to/from the device group. The cost is a second set of links.
        this is all correct and i can mod the plugin according (have most done already). would this satisfy your needs regarding groups? and the scenario you previously mentioned?

i would like to hear others on this as well.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          this is all correct and i can mod the plugin according (have most done already). would this satisfy your needs regarding groups? and the scenario you previously mentioned?

i would like to hear others on this as well.
          Good to hear, can't wait to try out. One of the beauties of this setup is that if HS were down for mainenance, groups would continue to work. Also, if HS setups the "device group" links, this should be quicker than manually setting up groups.

Comment

Is there a way that you could add a feature to manually select PLM vs. PLC. I think this happens if I reinstall a backup...somehow the plugin defaults to PLC and I have to reinstall to get it to find out I am using a PLM. Not really a big issue but seems to me one should be able to select the type of connection to the network.

Comment

Is there a way that you could add a feature to manually select PLM vs. PLC. I think this happens if I reinstall a backup...somehow the plugin defaults to PLC and I have to reinstall to get it to find out I am using a PLM. Not really a big issue but seems to me one should be able to select the type of connection to the network.
              I guess I can second that. I just did a reinstall to see if that would fix some other issue and now my start up is looking for a PLC.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                I guess I can second that. I just did a reinstall to see if that would fix some other issue and now my start up is looking for a PLC.
                Guys,

The code is setup to build two different versions based on a compiler-time flag. Each version looks for the expected interface type.

That said, each interface has its own unique insteon id which is programmed into Everything. So switching from plm to a plc is a big deal. You basically need to first erase every link in your network and then reprogram everything.

I don't think this would be trival enhancement.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  Guys,

The code is setup to build two different versions based on a compiler-time flag. Each version looks for the expected interface type.

That said, each interface has its own unique insteon id which is programmed into Everything. So switching from plm to a plc is a big deal. You basically need to first erase every link in your network and then reprogram everything.

I don't think this would be trival enhancement.
                  I don't think we need a switch. But why does it find the wrong interface and load the PLC when we are using the PLM.
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                    I don't think we need a switch. But why does it find the wrong interface and load the PLC when we are using the PLM.
                    did you change the plugin file (hspi_insteon.dll) when you changed controllers?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Good to hear, can't wait to try out. One of the beauties of this setup is that if HS were down for mainenance, groups would continue to work. Also, if HS setups the "device group" links, this should be quicker than manually setting up groups.
                      so i am pretty close to making a beta available to you with this functionality for you to test.

couple of issues came up while coding:

1. with this new feature a group can only be controlled by hs or one control device in the network such as a single kpl btn or switchlinc. i could extend this in the future but i have other things on the to-do list that i would to get to. Not to mention that the link management associated with multiple controllers would be messy.

2. when the group is controlled by hs, the control device will use its stnd onlevel and ramprates; not custom settings from the group setup page. this might be easier to fix, but i haven't explored it.

any problems with these issues/parameters
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am fine right now with currently distributed plugin V1.2.2.2.

I like the ability to see a more dynamic view of the comm reliability %. I am curious what folks are seeing out there. My averages are between 90-100% with most being at 98-99% and no 100%'s.

Mark, you mentioned something earlier about the RF access point and I was just curious whether you could read status from these devices (like linking status?).

Currently the addition of a new device is more or less manual by adding or tap adding a device. Is there an autodiscovery mode or does the logic exists for said feature?
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          I am fine right now with currently distributed plugin V1.2.2.2.

I like the ability to see a more dynamic view of the comm reliability %. I am curious what folks are seeing out there. My averages are between 90-100% with most being at 98-99% and no 100%'s.

Mark, you mentioned something earlier about the RF access point and I was just curious whether you could read status from these devices (like linking status?).

Currently the addition of a new device is more or less manual by adding or tap adding a device. Is there an autodiscovery mode or does the logic exists for said feature?
                          the Access points will respond to a ping and ID request cmd so polling them is possible. not sure what you mean by 'linking status'? do you mean whether two accesspoints are linked to each other correctly? if so, i don't see this in the documentation, but i haven't queries an AP database either.

i do plan to add AP polling to the plugin.

Autodiscovery mode/spider the network is on the list but not high. The reason is, devices like triggerlincs and motion sensors do not respond to requests unless they are in linking mode. so if you have to put them in linking mode to register them, you might as well use the existing functionality; my two cents.

the only other issue i see with autodiscovery is if you don't know the insteon id of every device in the network, how will you know what device was just found/added. you would have to turn it on/off and run around to find it. Maybe i am missing something; if so, enlighten me i don't mean to rain on your parade. Keep the ideas coming.

One of my biggest challenges going forward is writing the linking code to support all the new i2 devices. Some devices (like the triggerlinc i just found out) won't work with the old i1 routines; they just don't support the old i1 insteon cmds. and of course the old i1 devices don't understand anything i2.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

not sure what you mean by 'linking status'? do you mean whether two accesspoints are linked to each other correctly?
                            Yes

Autodiscovery mode/spider the network is on the list but not high. The reason is, devices like triggerlincs and motion sensors do not respond to requests unless they are in linking mode. so if you have to put them in linking mode to register them, you might as well use the existing functionality; my two cents.

the only other issue i see with autodiscovery is if you don't know the insteon id of every device in the network, how will you know what device was just found/added. you would have to turn it on/off and run around to find it. Maybe i am missing something; if so, enlighten me i don't mean to rain on your parade. Keep the ideas coming.
                            I guess I could say "autodiscovery" in linking mode. Currently I write down the MAC address and just add it. This would be just putting the device in Linking mode, looking for the device as it gets discovered and adding it. I usually only link one device at any given time.

Good Luck with the I2 devices.

Very nice work on the new Insteon Plugin. Thank-you for the time that you have spent updating it.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

how about some batch type commands/buttons like:

Ability to reset device (reads all links and settings and deletes them). Or at least an option to delet all links on a device.

Ability to edit multiple devices at once on the manage devices page (i.e. check boxes and drop down menus to perform the various manage device functions like reprogram device or set ramp rate, etc.). That way you could select a bunch of options in one screen and then press apply rather than going device by device.

Default settings (ramp rates, on levels, etc.) and/or savable/nameable custom presets that can be applied to a device or multiple devices at once.

Comment

Not sure if a feature request or a bug fix but the 2456D3 lamplinc shows up as an outlet device (has always been like this). Not sure if this is correct or means much.

Comment

Working...
                                X