Interested in DSC plugin - more info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in DSC plugin - more info?

Sounds interesting and I am sure your plugin will actually have support for it which is more than we can say for the other two DSC plugins available.

Could you please sticky the features of your plugin?

Support control of PGM outputs?
    Arm / Disarm via events?
    Are there any scripting commands available?
    Are there selectable event triggers based on status of the DSC panel and if so what are they? - For example if telephone line is open or A/C power is lost can these status changes be used as trigger for events?

Thanks for creating this plugin... it is funny but when I saw that you were interested in getting a DSC alarm panel I had a feeling that you would be creating your own plugin knowing how unsatisfactory the other ones have been to the HS community.

Originally posted by megatron2 View Post
    Sounds interesting and I am sure your plugin will actually have support for it which is more than we can say for the other two DSC plugins available.

Could you please sticky the features of your plugin?

Support control of PGM outputs?
    Arm / Disarm via events?
    Are there any scripting commands available?
    Are there selectable event triggers based on status of the DSC panel and if so what are they? - For example if telephone line is open or A/C power is lost can these status changes be used as trigger for events?
    There is no control over the PGM outputs but that could be added. Add a feature request on my web site for this.

All of the others you mentioned are in the plugin.
    The script commands are in the help for the plugin.
    There are event actions and lots of triggers.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Is there any way you could post the help file or allow download of just the help file from your site? I would like to read more about the plugin without having to install the plugin on my production system.

Thanks,

Comment

The help file is an ASP file. I will see if I can get it to you.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

as an adder to the above Blades plug-ins all have a very nice easy to use un-install if you need to remove it, not likely tho.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I would suggest you install the plugin and if you do not like it you can uninstall it.
            Make sure you use my installer on my web site and not the HS updater. That way the uninstall will be easy
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Thanks for the information about the quality of the uninstaller... I guess I can hold off until my next attempt to upgrade to a newer version of HS if they ever get all of their crazy Z-wave bugs worked out of the Betas and actually have an official release that most people do not have a problem with.

I am pretty conservative with changes to my system and that is why I wanted to check out the help file without installing. I tried to install on a non-HS Server PC and it gets stuck on looking for HS application and will not just put the files on the PC so I can check out the help file.

Comment

If you did install it and decided not to enable it just make sure it is disabled on the Interfaces web page.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Working...
                X