Trane Stat and Energy Save Mode - Need Feedback from HS Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Stat and Energy Save Mode - Need Feedback from HS Users

I have an issue with my trane stat used in conjunction with the BLStat program, Blade has been trying to help but we can't figure out what would cause it, We are wondering if there are any other HS users having the same issue?

Basically every time I start homeseer or click Reinitialized thermostat in the BLStat plugin, My trane stat changes to Energy Saver Mode (ESM) automatically.

I normally keep my stat either on "Hold" or "Run" but like i said, it changes to ESM mode once homeseer starts or the thermostat is reinitialized.

Does anyone else seem to experience this issue? Can other people try putting there trane stat either on run or hold physically on the thermostat and then goto reinitialize thermostat in the BLStat plugin and then physically go check the thermostat and see if it changes to ESM mode with 15-20 seconds?

Thanks!

-Tom-
    -Tom-

I have two of the same stats and mine operate normally. Sorry...
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I have to go look at mine more closely. I never use ESM, but twice now I've found it in ESM mode. I thought maybe my wife had poked it, but in truth the thermostat is so knew that she is afraid to touch it. So, I'm pretty sure I have the same problem you do.

Steve

Comment

I have the same issue with both of my thermostats. They always end up in ESM. Since I've gone to using BLStat to control my thermostats, it doesn't really bother me. As far as I can tell, BLStat changes the set points just the same as if the stat were in Hold mode.

Comment

OK I just looked and mine is in ESM mode as well.
          It still runs just fine but I have no idea why it is happening.
          I will check into it.
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            OK I just looked and mine is in ESM mode as well.
            It still runs just fine but I have no idea why it is happening.
            I will check into it.
            Hey Bob,

I just checked and mine says ESM too. Has not affected the operation at all.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I know it runs fine but the problem is my esm point are 60 and 80, so when I restart homeseer it turns my heat down to 60 and since I'm not using the scheduling in blstat yet, it's stuck at the temp till I adjust, I could just adjust my esm points to the temps I want but hold or run mode saves your last temp settings..

-Tom-
              -Tom-

Comment

I re-initialized and the thermostats went back to ESM.

A problem that just came up though is that the thermostats are now reversed in the BLStat plug-in - My upstairs thermostat used to be #1 and my downstairs thermostat used to be #2. Now the schedules are running backwards and all of the events and the buttons I created for HSTouch are working the incorrect thermostat. Does anyone know how to change or set which stat BLStat considers #1 and #2?

Comment

Originally posted by travis010 View Post
                  I re-initialized and the thermostats went back to ESM.

A problem that just came up though is that the thermostats are now reversed in the BLStat plug-in - My upstairs thermostat used to be #1 and my downstairs thermostat used to be #2. Now the schedules are running backwards and all of the events and the buttons I created for HSTouch are working the incorrect thermostat. Does anyone know how to change or set which stat BLStat considers #1 and #2?
                  This is because HS decided to give the stats with the wrong number. I think you should submit a help desk ticket to HST and have them look at this. This was supposed to be fixed and it will be a big issue if the thermostat numbers are not the same.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
                    I know it runs fine but the problem is my esm point are 60 and 80, so when I restart homeseer it turns my heat down to 60 and since I'm not using the scheduling in blstat yet, it's stuck at the temp till I adjust, I could just adjust my esm points to the temps I want but hold or run mode saves your last temp settings..

-Tom-
                    Ah you are not running schedules. That explains your issue with it.
                    I will have look and see what is going on. The strange thing is that I am not turning on ESM anywhere
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

This is because HS decided to give the stats with the wrong number. I think you should submit a help desk ticket to HST and have them look at this. This was supposed to be fixed and it will be a big issue if the thermostat numbers are not the same.
                      Is that what happened???!!!!?!?

That was driving me nuts! I had to go in and redo all of my programs and events...

Grrr....

Comment

Yes HS is supposed to return the thermostat list in the same order all the time. I read this was fixed but apparently not.
                        Put in a HST help desk ticket so that they know about it and get it fixed. I have not seen the issue because I currently only have 1 stat.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Yes HS is supposed to return the thermostat list in the same order all the time. I read this was fixed but apparently not.
                          Put in a HST help desk ticket so that they know about it and get it fixed. I have not seen the issue because I currently only have 1 stat.
                          Thanks, Bob...

WHat do I tell them?

Comment

Tell them that the thermostat number order is not the same when calling the Thermostat API in HS.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Tell them that the thermostat number order is not the same when calling the Thermostat API in HS.
                              Done...

Any luck on the API and Fan running mode - I know you are working with Rich.

I spoke to RCS and they said that the stat is running according to the Zensys requirements and should be reporting the correct fan stat modes. Also, it says the the API does allow for the HOLD feature through Z-wave.

Comment

Working...
                              X