No announcement yet.

Bug - "incoming call" event trigger with group type as "plugin specific" caller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug - "incoming call" event trigger with group type as "plugin specific" caller

Hello - I have been trying out the new $rings capability (very nice - THANK YOU!) and along the way inadvertently discovered that the when a group type is used as part of the trigger for an event, it does not work.

In my test, I created an event that is supposed to send an email when members of the "family" group call. It's triggered on incoming call and has "family" selected in the caller drop-down below, where it says "edit Plugin specific trigger". Out the door I went this morning, and received an email for each call today - not just family.

So when I got home I removed my cellphone from the "family" group, then tried it again. Sure enough, an email was sent ( but shouldn't have been). So I selected my cell phone, specifically, on the drop-down instead of the family group and tried again: email still sent! This really surprised me because I have another event that announces based on my cellphone which works great, and never triggers unless I call.

So the long and short of it is that it appears that when the "incoming call" trigger and the "UltraCID email notification" action are both used, an email is sent for any inbound call regardless of the selection made on the caller drop-down.

I'll mess around with it some more and let you know if I find other facors that contribute.

after more non-scientific testing it appears that all of the groups react the same as selecting "any caller". If an individual phone number is selected, it is honored...no other calls will trigger the event action. In any other case the event action happens for all callers.

Comment

bump

Comment

Same problem, more or less. I have an event setup to trigger on all calls to the "friends" group. Unfortunately, it seems to trigger on all calls, including the blocked ones. I don't want it to trigger on the blocked calls.
        Is there any hope of getting this fixed?

Comment

Thanks - bug appears to be fixed

Thanks Ultra - it appears this bug has been fixed in the latest update release! Also thinks for the addition of the "rings" device...very nice.

Comment

Working...
          X