This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.7.0.0 Beta

Version 1.7.0.0 Beta (Released 2/19/2012)

The attached version includes some significant code changes in preparation for some new Smarthome devices. KPL support has also been modified and improved significantly. The new Trigger Group (see below) feature may also affect the results of your Events; you will need to test events that control KPL buttons directly if you enable the Trigger Group on a KPL button.

As always, please provide as much feedback and log snippets when posting issues.

New Features
    - Trigger Group feature for KPLs. The HS status page on/off buttons can now trigger the devices linked to KPL btns. Change the KPL buttons on the Device Edit page: set an individual button to Trigger Group mode and save the changes. (for i2 devices)
    - HS status page On buttons will now use the default on level programmed into the switch.
    - Added hover help text to KPL Edit Device page
    - Added Make Device Beep action (for i2 devices)

Revisions
    - Revised how the KPL settings are retrieved -- much faster now. (for i2 devices)
    - Swap Interface routine now includes RF only devices. You will be prompted to put the RF only device into Linking mode before the routine continues.
    - Better error trapping and restarting if the virtual serial port crashes or if the USB cable is disconnected and reconnected. Update your FTDI Drivers.
    - Cosmetic changes to the Manage Device page and Device Insteon Edit page to improve navigation. Requires IE 8 or later to see images.

Fixes
    - Hop count was computed incorrectly if less than 4 Hops is selected on Config page.
    - RemoteLinc issue
    - Fanlinc light off issue
    - Group controller missing after device swapped; now updated to new device
    - Syncing KPL devices on the HS status page
    - Status message display during programming routines.

New Devices Supported
    - Smarthome is shipping devices with their new Insteon protocol called i2CS. When you register one of these devices the protocol will show as i2CS.

To Install:

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy the hspi_insteon.dll to the homeseer folder
    4. For new users only: copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial license)

Licenses are available in the HST store:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/MNSa...n-P948C94.aspx

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; May 27, 2012, 02:01 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Looks very good indeed. I just installed it. I can try out the keypad group functions. I never asked, but had wanted to have a HS event prompted beep on one kpl to indicate that the garage door is up and a couple to signify its down.

Also, thanks for increased robustness for the USB. My ftdi drivers are the beta from last august, assuming those are the ones you mean, 2.08.17. I have been using those for a couple of months now and haven't seen any USB - PC lockups on the port for quite some time.

For those that have a USB PLM and need the newest drivers, go here. Bookmark and check it periodically.

Thanks as always for your vision and persistence for Insteon technology in HS.
    Paul

Comment

-Trigger Group feature for KPLs & Make Device Beep action: not seing this, I assume this pertains to i2 devices?
      - Hover help text to KPL Edit Device page : could not locate, can you provide more details?
      - as 80% of my devices are i1, would clarify if new features are identified "i2 only"

Installed, will report any pecularities. Thanks Mark for the improvements!

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        -Trigger Group feature for KPLs & Make Device Beep action: not seing this, I assume this pertains to i2 devices?
        - Hover help text to KPL Edit Device page : could not locate, can you provide more details?
        - as 80% of my devices are i1, would clarify if new features are identified "i2 only"

Installed, will report any pecularities. Thanks Mark for the improvements!
        I've updated the notes above, but yes i2 only on these features. That said, you should see the Make Device Beep action from the Insteon Actions list. i2 devices would be listed in the device dropdown.

Maybe what i'll do is add a small icon to the areas where there is help text hidden.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

New version looks great Mark. One question, is setting the drop down to control a group the same as setting an optional controllers for a group at the time of group creation?

Thanks for the great work!
          Jono

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
            New version looks great Mark. One question, is setting the drop down to control a group the same as setting an optional controllers for a group at the time of group creation?

Thanks for the great work!
            Jono
            Jono,

Not sure I following 100%...

the group devices on the hs page are different from the new Trigger Group feature. I'm not sure how they will interact with each other.

you don't need to define a plugin Group to use the new Trigger Group feature.

If you already have a plugin Group with optional controller, try enabling the Trigger Group feature for the optional controller and see what happens.

I might need to add a new word here to separate the use of the word Group: Group vs Scene for example.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

When setting up a group we have the option of identifying a group controller. If you made that controller KPL button A, then anytime there was a button press, the group would be activated.

For most of my groups I didn't pick an optional controller at the time of set up. I was hoping that the new HS Control Trigger Group pull down menu selection essentially set up a group controller (creating real insteon links to make a scene) but perhaps I am wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                When setting up a group we have the option of identifying a group controller. If you made that controller KPL button A, then anytime there was a button press, the group would be activated.

For most of my groups I didn't pick an optional controller at the time of set up. I was hoping that the new HS Control Trigger Group pull down menu selection essentially set up a group controller (creating real insteon links to make a scene) but perhaps I am wrong...
                The HS Control feature only changes the behavior of the on/off buttons on the status page. It doesn't do any programming or modifying to groups.

I'll have to see about allowing a change to the optional controller on the group page. This basically requires a complete reprogramming of the group.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am still getting this error:
                  2/21/2012 21:03:48 - Reloading 30 Insteon device information tables...
                  2/21/2012 21:03:48 - An Insteon device of type 0131 was configured using the settings from the insteon.ini.
                  2/21/2012 21:03:48 - Please post this new device type in the forum so it can be permanently added to the plugin.
                  2/21/2012 21:03:48 - Note: This message will be eliminated once the device type is added to the plugin.
                  2/21/2012 21:03:48 - ***:SaveDateSetting failed to save a recoverable date on Device 1, LastContact. The INI value was 2/21/2012 21:02:25 and the save value was 2/21/2012 21:02:25
                  2/21/2012 21:03:48 - ***:SaveDateSetting failed to save a recoverable date on Device 2, LastContact. The INI value was 10/17/2011 22:44:38 and the save value was 10/17/2011 22:44:38
                  Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                    I am still getting this error:
                    2/21/2012 21:03:48 - Reloading 30 Insteon device information tables...
                    2/21/2012 21:03:48 - An Insteon device of type 0131 was configured using the settings from the insteon.ini.
                    2/21/2012 21:03:48 - Please post this new device type in the forum so it can be permanently added to the plugin.
                    2/21/2012 21:03:48 - Note: This message will be eliminated once the device type is added to the plugin.
                    2/21/2012 21:03:48 - ***:SaveDateSetting failed to save a recoverable date on Device 1, LastContact. The INI value was 2/21/2012 21:02:25 and the save value was 2/21/2012 21:02:25
                    2/21/2012 21:03:48 - ***:SaveDateSetting failed to save a recoverable date on Device 2, LastContact. The INI value was 10/17/2011 22:44:38 and the save value was 10/17/2011 22:44:38
                    I never heard back from you on the following thread
                    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152318

i changed my pc time to 24 hr format but i can't replicate the error.

did you change anything in hs about the time format?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Only change is, that I use the 24 hour format. But changing it to 12 hour and back did not change the error. But that is not such a big problem.
                      I still get the error about the 0131 new device.
                      I don't know if this also gives me the problem, that hs can't find the events using that device when I select 'view event references for that device' at the status page?
                      Peter

Comment

Only change is, that I use the 24 hour format. But changing it to 12 hour and back did not change the error. But that is not such a big problem.
                        I don't know if this also gives me the problem, that hs can't find the events using that device when I select 'view event references for that device' at the status page?
                        ok, i'll post another version here that will take care of the 0131 and the date issue.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok, give this a try. 3 changes
                          1. added support for 0131
                          2. removed the date checking when writing to the ini
                          3. added a small ? icon to indicate there is help text within the plugin
                          Attached Files
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Installed 1.7.0.1
                            No errors!
                            Device recognised.
                            Only problem left is that when I go to the status page and select an Insteon device, and at the bottom of the page I select 'view event references for a device', it does not show all events that use the Insteon device. It looks like it does not show the event if it only has Insteon actions for that device. When I add for testing a device command for that Insteon device, then it will show.
                            Peter

Comment

Good deal.

the "view event references for a device" is a HS function. I have no control over what is displayed there.

thanks for the followup
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X