This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Location 2 information question

I'm sorry if this information is somewhere. I did try to search.

I enabled this checkbox in the plugin but I haven't noticed any differences on the Manage Devices page. What exactly does this option do? Does it need to be enabled before adding devices?

Thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Location 1 and Location 2 are there to help you customize your device layout.
    they are optional
    Location 1 could be used for the floor like basement, ground floor, upstairs
    Location 2 could be used for the room like kitchen, garage, bedroom
    It's very customizable, you make your own names. Helps you keep things sorted out.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

My Location 1 is Room. My Location 2 is Floor. I'm not seeing Floor within the Insteon Plugin screens after enabling this option. This is the cause of my confusion. What exactly does this option do? How can I see it's effects?
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
        I'm sorry if this information is somewhere. I did try to search.

I enabled this checkbox in the plugin but I haven't noticed any differences on the Manage Devices page. What exactly does this option do? Does it need to be enabled before adding devices?

Thanks!
        its supposed to add a text box to the device edit page so you can edit the location2 information from the plugin. I'll check this out
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry to revisit such an old thread, but I'm still having issues with Location 2 information within the Insteon plugin.

My device pages within the plugin do not have any extra text boxes to enter Location 2 information. Additionally, the device list page does not show that information either, usually. HS3's device page and it's own device listings show the Location 2 (Floor) information just fine. It's only the Insteon-specific stuff that shows the problem: plugin pages, Special Triggers device dropdowns, etc.

After I edit Location 2 via HS3's device page, and re-enter the Insteon setup pages, the Location 2 information will appear in the device list and device dropdowns for that device, but only that device. Eventually that goes away and no longer appears in the device list. I'm not sure what causes it to go away.

Any ideas what could be going on?

I have some rooms named the same but on different floors, so not seeing the floor information makes selecting the correct device a little tricky.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry to revisit such an old thread, but I'm still having issues with Location 2 information within the Insteon plugin.

My device pages within the plugin do not have any extra text boxes to enter Location 2 information. Additionally, the device list page does not show that information either, usually. HS3's device page and it's own device listings show the Location 2 (Floor) information just fine. It's only the Insteon-specific stuff that shows the problem: plugin pages, Special Triggers device dropdowns, etc.

After I edit Location 2 via HS3's device page, and re-enter the Insteon setup pages, the Location 2 information will appear in the device list and device dropdowns for that device, but only that device. Eventually that goes away and no longer appears in the device list. I'm not sure what causes it to go away.

Any ideas what could be going on?

I have some rooms named the same but on different floors, so not seeing the floor information makes selecting the correct device a little tricky.

Thanks!
            I have the Location2 edit box in the works.

do you have the Use Location2 option checked on the plugin config page. This will include location2 in the devices names that the plugin is responsible for displaying.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, I do have that option checked. And I have seen it work, sort of, as described in my previous post when I make a change to a Location 2 value. It's just that it eventually stops displaying. I don't know if it's a restart or what that causes it to disappear. The Location 2 info displays as expected in all HS generated stuff, just not the plugin. It's bizarre. BTW, I'm running 3.0.6.6 at the moment.

Comment

Yes, I do have that option checked. And I have seen it work, sort of, as described in my previous post when I make a change to a Location 2 value. It's just that it eventually stops displaying. I don't know if it's a restart or what that causes it to disappear. The Location 2 info displays as expected in all HS generated stuff, just not the plugin. It's bizarre. BTW, I'm running 3.0.6.6 at the moment.
                Mike, would you try the latest beta
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Fantastic! That seems to have solved my problem. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X