Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Failing to Update...

Hi Spud-

First, thanks for taking the time to write your plugins... they are valuable to my system.

I'm running into a problem here... I'm on a ZeeS2, still under the trial license right now on version 3.16. A few days ago, I noticed that the plugin was no longer updating and decided to reboot my Zee. Everything updated on the reboot. The next morning I noticed stale information again so I disabled and re-enabled the plugin. Again, everything updated, but became stale over the next few days. I got home today and tried to open the configuration page to enable the debug log, but the page pulls up blank.

When I went to the Plugins -> Manage page it took a long time for the page to load and I got the following message for ecobee:
    CRITICAL: Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Ecobee: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have a couple hundred of these lines in the log:
    Warning Plugin Ecobee is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    And a handful of these:
    Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Ecobee:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Error Getting web page from plugin page ecobeeconfig:Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Can you help?

Thanks,
    Jon

Here are my system stats... I'll post screens below

Current Date/Time: 6/3/2017 3:58:41 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 3 Days 17 Hours 54 Minutes 2 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.131
    Number of Devices: 158
    Number of Events: 90
    Available Threads: 397

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.16: Ecobee
    3.0.0.33: EnvisaLink
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Click image for larger version

Name:	Device Management (Filtered on Ecobee Devices).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1211072

Name:	interfaces.PNG
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1211073

Name:	Log File (Filtered thru June 2nd).PNG
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1211074

Ok I disabled the plugin... it took my ZeeS2 7 minutes, but now I have this:

My enable button has changed to a "Loaded Remotely" message. Weird.

Name:	interfaces ecobee disabled.PNG
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1191070

Comment

Now I'm confused... after I disabled the plugin, I got some more ecobee messages...

Jun-03 16:35:42 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Jun-03 16:35:18 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Jun-03 16:33:29 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Ecobee
      Jun-03 16:27:59 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Ecobee
      Jun-03 16:27:51 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Jun-03 16:24:06 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Jun-03 16:22:29 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Ecobee

Since I couldn't re-enable the plugin, I decided to refresh the interfaces page. It took 5 minutes for the interfaces page to load this time. So I tried to update my plugin to 3.18.

Now I'm on 3.18, but it still shows Loaded Remotely and I still get the warnings... Ecobee doesn't show up on my list of plugins any more, but at least my plugin management (interfaces) page loads instantly now... I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

if you disable the plug-in and you still see it as "loaded remotely", the plug-in process is probably stuck but it still running. You need to kill the process manually (process name should be something like "mono HSPI_Ecobee.exe"), if you don't know how to do that just reboot your Zee S2.

then set the file log level to Debug and next time the plug-in stops updating the devices, send me the log file (Logs/Ecobee.txt)

Comment

Thanks Spud... the Ecobee plug-in reset itself after I updated my Envisalink plug-in. I was able to get it up and running again with the log going too. So far so good.

Thanks for doing the hard work behind the scenes!

Comment

Hi Spud-

Since updating to 3.0.0.18, I've been running smoothly, but I'm getting a lot of the following errors in my log:

Jun-07 16:40:38 Ecobee ERROR Cannot perform member binding on `null' value
            Jun-07 06:36:38 Ecobee ERROR Cannot perform member binding on `null' value

I'm attaching an excerpt from my log file filtered on Ecobee and also an excerpt from the Ecobee.txt file from your plugin, filtered for Jun-07 16:40 timeframe. Would you mind taking a look at what is going on? I had to truncate the file somehow because the main file is 57MB... let me know if you need more.

Thanks,
            Jon
            Attached Files

Comment

what version of mono is running on your Zee?

command:
              Code:
              mono --version

Comment

Spud-

I'm on the road... I'll have to get back with you tomorrow unless I can convince my wife to remote into the zee for me.

Thanks,
                Jon

Comment

Hey Spud-

I'm home today. Here is the result for the mono version:

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2 ~ $ mono --version
                  Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4+rpi1)
                  Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                  TLS: __thread
                  SIGSEGV: normal
                  Notifications: epoll
                  Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
                  Disabled: none
                  Misc: softdebug
                  LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                  GC: sgen
                  homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2 ~ $

Thanks,
                  Jon

Comment

I have only seen this error once before on one other system which also had mono 3.2.8.
                    I have never been able to replicate it on my Zee2 which runs mono 4.x, so my guess is that it is some kind of bug with mono 3.2.8 (I could be wrong though)

If you don't have too many events already configured in your system I would advise to upgrade mono to a 4.x version because 3.x version has many incompatibility problems. Note that you will need to reconfigure all your events after the upgrade.
                    Here is a thread discussing how to do the upgrade: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188028

If you decide to go that route, make sure to backup your whole system (i.e. backup the entire SD card), especially if you are not familiar with Linux.

Comment

I was afraid I might have to do that... Not looking forward to it, but I'm sure I was going to have to do the upgrade one time or another. Hopefully this will fix the plugin... I haven't seen an update in the last 22 hours.

Comment

Well, I finally got a spare SD card and had some time to mess around with the system. My attempts to upgrade to mono 4 failed miserably. I deleted all of my events and re-added them, but I was getting some seriously funky behavior... switches not responding to double taps... switches in one room controlling lights in another. I had to roll back. However, after I rolled it back to my original image, I reauthorized the app thru the plugin config page and now it's running stable again. Hopefully this will do the trick if it's acting funky.

I'll give upgrading the mono another shot when I have more time.

Thanks for the support, Spud.

Comment

Update:

I was able to get the Zee to update last week. I'm now running the plugin stable with mono v4. I have almost a hundred events, most have been rebuilt... it took some time. It turns out that there are quite a few differences in how mono 4 handles scripting compared to mono 3. I think I have most of it figured out. Spud, your plugin has been running smoothly for about a week now.

Thanks,

Jon
                          Last edited by B1Trash; July 22, 2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
                            Update:

I was able to get the Zee to update last week. I'm now running the plugin stable with mono v4. I have almost a hundred events, most have been rebuilt... it took some time. It turns out that there are quite a few differences in how mono 4 handles scripting compared to mono 3. I think I have most of it figured out. Spud, your plugin has been running smoothly for about a week now.

Thanks,

Jon
                            glad to hear, thank you for the feedback

Comment

Thanks for keeping tabs on me Spud... Ok, so maybe I'm not running 100% smooth... I found these two gems.

Jul-22 03:39:07 Ecobee ERROR Cannot perform member binding on `null' value
                              Jul-21 07:39:07 Ecobee ERROR Cannot perform member binding on `null' value

Is there a way to access the ecobee log file from the web interface? I'm away at the moment and can't ssh into my Zee right now.

On a side note, is it possible to include the word ecobee in the error message? These don't show up on my log if I search for ecobee. I have to clear out the search box and then use the drop down for the ecobee "type".

Comment

Working...
                              X