Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed getting InterfaceStatus

Hi Spud,

I have been using your ecobee plugin for a little while now without issue, but last week this plugin just stopped working. When I attempt to enable it I get the following message in the plug-in status section.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Ecobee - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

The log for the enabling of the plug-in looks like this:

Aug-22 4:26:28 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
    Aug-22 4:26:28 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    Aug-22 4:26:28 PM
    Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
    Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.18
    Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51267

Here is the system profile information:

Current Date/Time: 8/22/2017 4:35:28 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard - Server
    System Uptime: 0 Days 23 Hours 41 Minutes 56 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.1.252
    Number of Devices: 22
    Number of Events: 12
    Available Threads: 100

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.33: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.18: Ecobee
    3.0.0.20: ImperiHome
    3.0.0.94: LutronCaseta
    1.1.17228.28: MyQ
    0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

I have tried loading the beta 3.0.0.19 plug-in with the same result. I have removed the plug-in re-installed as well. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy

stop the plugin, then edit Config/Ecobee.ini, delete its current content, paste the following lines:
    Code:
    [GENERAL]
    log_level=Debug
    save the ini file, then restart the plugin

if the plugin starts normally you will have to do the authorization process again.

Comment

Thank you Spud,

I did as instructed, here is the output from the log file.

Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
      Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
      Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
      Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Ecobee DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.b__64_0() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
      Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Ecobee DEBUG Unhandled Exception Trapped
      Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.18

Looking in my Homeseer HS3 directory, I notice that the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file is version 10.0.3.21018. When I look in the bin directory it looks like the Lutron Plugin has this version of that file in it, while the Ecobee directory has 7.0.1.18622. Is it as simple as replacing the newtonsoft file in the HS3 directory with the one from the bin/ecobee folder?

Comment

Originally posted by synack View Post

Looking in my Homeseer HS3 directory, I notice that the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file is version 10.0.3.21018. When I look in the bin directory it looks like the Lutron Plugin has this version of that file in it, while the Ecobee directory has 7.0.1.18622. Is it as simple as replacing the newtonsoft file in the HS3 directory with the one from the bin/ecobee folder?
        You should not have any Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root dir. Delete it and restart the plugin.

It is probably another plugin that mistakenly installed this dll in the root dir, and that's bad, all dll dependencies should be installed in bin/<plugin_name>

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          You should not have any Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root dir. Delete it and restart the plugin.

It is probably another plugin that mistakenly installed this dll in the root dir, and that's bad, all dll dependencies should be installed in bin/<plugin_name>
          That did it! Thank you so much spud for your assistance even though this turned out to not be your issue at all. Now off to buy another one of your plugins to show my appreciation. Thanks again!

Comment

HomeTrollerSELv2 3.16.0-031600
            Current version is: HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.500
            Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179
            Ecobee 3.0.0.32

Hi Spud, I am having trouble with the Ecobee plugin on my new SEL, I just upgraded from the Zee to the SEL and it all went well except for this plugin, I have tried everything I could find, any help would be greatly appreciated.
            When loading the plugin I get the flowing messages in the status box on the plugin management page, then the plugin disconnects and I cant access the config page.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Ecobee - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.

The attached pics show the results of the debug file after adding “log_level=Debug” to the Ecobee.ini file. I also attached the log file from the SEL interface. Thanks for any help you can provide…

Comment

Originally posted by rtruax View Post
              HomeTrollerSELv2 3.16.0-031600
              Current version is: HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.500
              Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179
              Ecobee 3.0.0.32

Hi Spud, I am having trouble with the Ecobee plugin on my new SEL, I just upgraded from the Zee to the SEL and it all went well except for this plugin, I have tried everything I could find, any help would be greatly appreciated.
              When loading the plugin I get the flowing messages in the status box on the plugin management page, then the plugin disconnects and I cant access the config page.

CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.

The attached pics show the results of the debug file after adding “log_level=Debug” to the Ecobee.ini file. I also attached the log file from the SEL interface. Thanks for any help you can provide…
              Can't see your attachments..

But try this from the command line:

Code:
              sudo apt-get install libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil

Comment

Thanks Spud, I executed the command in Putty and received the following confirmation...I still have the same problem, I pasted the debug info from the log below. I also tried again to attach the screenshot of the log after adding “log_level=Debug” to the Ecobee.ini file. Thanks for the help

homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:~$ sudo apt-get install libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil
                Reading package lists... Done
                Building dependency tree
                Reading state information... Done
                The following NEW packages will be installed:
                libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil
                0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                Need to get 122 kB of archives.
                After this operation, 394 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                Fetched 122 kB in 0s (184 kB/s)
                Selecting previously unselected package libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil.
                (Reading database ... 214143 files and directories currently installed.)
                Preparing to unpack .../libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil_5.16.0.179-0xamarin1+ubuntu1404b1_all.deb ...
                Unpacking libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil (5.16.0.179-0xamarin1+ubuntu1404b1) ...
                Setting up libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil (5.16.0.179-0xamarin1+ubuntu1404b1) ...
                homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:~$

DEBUG System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: Ecobee.Net.Http/LogDelegate Ecobee.Net.Http.Log Due to: Could not find field in class at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00014] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x00008] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0

Comment

Sorry, wrong pic was attached, here is the right one...still learning this posting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rtruax View Post
                    T

DEBUG System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: Ecobee.Net.Http/LogDelegate Ecobee.Net.Http.Log Due to: Could not find field in class at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00014] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x00008] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0
                    It looks like it tries to load an old version of the Ecobee.Net.dll, make sure you don't have a copy of this dll in your Homeseer folder, it should only be in Homeseer/bin/Ecobee.Net.dll

Comment

Ok, finally got it, thought I would provide some feedback if it helps someone else (keep in mind I am a rookie, so I caution you on doing any of this, but it worked for me)...Ecobee.Net.dll was ok, no conflicts with other copies.

This all started when I upgraded from the Zee to the SEL, using what I thought was a clean backup image from the Zee (everything was working fine on the Zee). With all the issues above, I decided to restore the SEL back to factory, then I recreated another backup of the Zee without any of the Ecobee files installed, accept for license information in the bin. I had to manually delete the Ecobee.ini file from the new backup file, all the other files removed themselves with the Ecobee plugin removed, not sure if this would have been an issue but I didn’t want anything Ecobee related in the new backup. I then uploaded this new backup to the SEL. Ecobee still didn’t load “ok” but it wasn’t throwing a major fit like it did before. It felt like progress, this was the new log message, seemed a bit less threatening than the messages above

Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <0aed6355de0b4fee90cf7f03cb3fc9fc>:0

With renewed optimism I then reread all the postings I could find on Ecobee issues and ran across a thread discussing that that all 3 of the below were required, I had 2 of them but http4.0-cil was missing. Installed with Putty and reloaded Ecobee plugin, I am back in business, minus some hair.

sudo apt-get -y install libmono-system-net-http4.0-cil (was missing)
                      sudo apt-get -y install libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil
                      sudo apt-get -y install libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil

Comment

OK, add me to the list of folks having the problem. Here is what my log file says:
                        Sep-01 2:25:53 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.SupportsMultipleInstances() at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x00150] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
                        Sep-01 2:25:53 PM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                        Sep-01 2:25:52 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
                        Sep-01 2:25:52 PM Starting Plug-In Ecobee loaded in 1001 milliseconds
                        Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Ecobee started successfully in 212 milliseconds
                        Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.33
                        Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Ecobee ...
                        Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:46343

Comment

Originally posted by bkobistek View Post
                          OK, add me to the list of folks having the problem. Here is what my log file says:
                          Sep-01 2:25:53 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.SupportsMultipleInstances() at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x00150] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
                          Sep-01 2:25:53 PM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                          Sep-01 2:25:52 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
                          Sep-01 2:25:52 PM Starting Plug-In Ecobee loaded in 1001 milliseconds
                          Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Ecobee started successfully in 212 milliseconds
                          Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.33
                          Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Ecobee ...
                          Sep-01 2:25:51 PM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:46343
                          try to install the mono-complete package

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

if you are on a SEL and the command above fails, read this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/system-software-controllers/hometroller-sel/1256463-event-triggers-gone-after-mono-upgrade?p=1284089#post1284089

Comment

Really? Every time I try to do anything that has to do with upgrading mono, there is a disaster! Not worth it. Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X