This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I certain we can achieve your objective, but I first need to understand a little more about how you device is setup. I will make the update based upon the following assumption.

I assume you have observed a MQTT message from espeasy, "A"ccepted the message in mcsMQTT setup and a HS3 device was created. You also defined a topic in mcsMQTT for this device that will publish when you use on/off buttons that are associated with HS3 device. The HS3 control shows On & Off for the buttons and when you click the button the On or Off label is published. You would like the option to publish either the label or the numeric (devicevalue).
    -Yes I observed the MQTT message from my espeasy device and (A)ccepted it
    -Yes the HS device was created
    -Yes I have enter my topic in the "Publish the following Topic on Device command" field
    - Exactly, when I press the On/Off button, the On/Off label is published
    - Yes If possible, I would like the option to publish either the label or numeric

thanks for your fast reply

Comment

Updates made with updater package at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_9_0.zip
      If you are running on Windows then updater should have it. On Linux the updater does now work correctly so manually unzip the .exe to the HS3 folder.

You will see the radio button option for "A"ccepted devices that are rendered as buttons.

Comment

Updates made with updater package at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_9_0.zip
        If you are running on Windows then updater should have it. On Linux the updater does now work correctly so manually unzip the .exe to the HS3 folder.

You will see the radio button option for "A"ccepted devices that are rendered as buttons.
        Wow, That was fast, thanks I can continue my testing, this PlugIn seems to be exactly what I was looking for, I like the way you build this, the device driven thinking is more what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
          Wow, That was fast
          Michael does great work....this plugin is great, drives ALL of my SONOFF devices.....
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
            Michael does great work....this plugin is great, drives ALL of my SONOFF devices.....
            Lots a buzz going on here. Looks like I'll need to check this out.

I've been using the other plugin for some time now.

Is this one better?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
              Lots a buzz going on here. Looks like I'll need to check this out.

I've been using the other plugin for some time now.

Is this one better?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
              Define "better" ;-)

I've only ever used this one and Michael has this plugin working very nicely. He's made some changes to accommodate the Tasmota firmware on sonoff devices, I really cant ask for any more !!

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thanks all for the positive feedback.

With respect to which is better is likely a function of orientation and expectations. From my perspective the HS community is comfortable with everything going into HS and HS making all the decisions and provides the primary UI be it browser, touch or 3rd party UI.

My person orientation is distributed with control logic contained as close as possible to what is being controlled. Before MQTT it was only Xap to provide the glue to keep distributed nodes knowledgeable of the overall system state. With IoT, MQTT seems to have a preference for this purpose. It really does not matter to me as long as adoption occurs.

With mcsXap and mcsMQTT I have tried to maintain the centralized focus of the typical HS user while bringing in the benefits of a distributed environment. These plugins are very HS-centric. I tend to find other plugins for these distributed technologies to be oriented to those are more focused in the distributed environment and simply provide and interface without leverage of the HS capabilities. There is also a focus on point and click with my plugins while those coming from distributed and Linux worlds have a greater comfort level with text and scripts.

Comment

@Michael...

Installed current version in updater on my Ubuntu 16.04 HS3 set up and saw this in the logs.

Feb-28 9:30:34 PM Updater Starting download of updates
                  Feb-28 9:30:34 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsMQTT
                  Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Update HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe downloaded successfully
                  Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Installing package mcsMQTT
                  Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \HomeSeer\Updates3\mcsMQTT3.0.9.0
                  Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Error Installation of package mcsMQTT failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                  Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Install/Update of package mcsMQTT failed.

After seeing this manually installed it.

Feb-28 9:36:35 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
                  Feb-28 9:36:36 PM Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50470
                  Feb-28 9:36:36 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
                  Feb-28 9:36:36 PM mcsMQTT Version 3.0.0 Registered with Homeseer
                  Feb-28 9:36:40 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 3865 milliseconds

Showing as Version 3.0.0 versus 3.0.9.0
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Rich is looking into the updater for the first one. It happens with all my Linux plugins. Have you used updater to install any other Linux plugin? Perhaps it may help Rich.

For the second I explicitly displayed Version Major.Minor.Revision. I changed it to display Version .ToString. It will show up in next update made. If it came from the 3.0.9.0 zip file then you have the correct one.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Have you used updater to install any other Linux plugin?

Yes. Both HS3 boxes here are running in Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit linux.

All plugins have been downloaded via the updater.

Updated plugin to V3090.

The python script for OWFS is broken so switching over to newest node red.

I had left the RPi2 in the attic (ZNet like device) at Wheezy and updated it today to Jessie (will probably update it to Stretch).

The updating did not affect my SDR NOAA captures, ZWave or OWFS / Digitemp stuff...
                      Last edited by Pete; March 1, 2018, 12:19 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Looked at the Linux download links and really do not see anything but a version difference comparing it to the OMNI plugin.

mcsMQTT Updater Link at Homeseer
                        ''mcsMQTT
                        @hxxp://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_HS3.txt
                        'mcsMQTT, HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe, ,3.0.0.0, 63, 2, homeseer.com,/updates3rd3, mcsMQTT_3_0_0_0.zip, 4, Free, Michael McSharry, MCSMQTT, hxxps://homeseer.com/updates3/icons/MQTT32.jpg, hxxp://mcsSprinklers.com/hsUpdater_mcsMQTT.htm,

Update link at mcsSprinklers dot com
                        mcsMQTT,HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe,,3.0.9.0,63,2,mcsSprinklers.com,,mcsMQTT_3_0_9_0.zip,4,Free,Michael McSharry,MCSMQTT,hxxp://mcsSprinklers.com/MQTT.jpg,hxxp://mcsSprinklers.com/HSupdater_mcsMQTT.htm,,

Omni Updater Link at Homeseer
                        OMNI, HSPI_OMNI.exe, ,3.0.2.5, 63, 2, homeseer.com,/updates3rd3, OMNI_Plugin.3.0.2.5.zip, 4, Free to try $49.99 to buy, Rob Mason, Omni, hxxps://homeseer.com/updates3/icons/FullColorTransparent.png, hxxps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5041984/Pics/HAI%20Plugin/HAI_Plugin.html,

Wondering if the two links have to be identical for the linux updater manager?
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

@Michael,

Are you using the OWFS

1 - node-red-contrib-owfs

or the

2 - NRO Read

Can you post a copy of the OWFS / mcsMQTT flow you are using for your plugin?
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have not used OWFS or node red, but I see with google that there is much info out there about this approach. I was surprised to see somebody also included the 1-wire hubs which would be great for me. https://stufftoshare.wordpress.com/2...-for-node-red/.

What I was thinking about doing was 1-wire via ESP8266 using the Tasmota 1-wire library and then use the Sonoff units to replace each branch of my 1-wire hub. Moving my 1-wire to something more modern is on my list, but urgency does not exist at this time.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

The link you post is where I started.

Amazed here the familiarity to xAP with the new mcsMQTT plug-in.

To get it working here just imported the flow as posted:

[ATTACH]67154[/ATTACH]

Code:
                              [{"id":"eb19c569.14e638","type":"mqtt-broker","broker":"localhost","port":"1883"},{"id":"a505fac.f5afa08","type":"owfs","name":"","host":"localhost","port":"4304","paths":[],"x":303,"y":231,"z":"792ca5d.f86d35c","wires":[["30f9454a.cf06ba"]]},{"id":"20e02457.df1fdc","type":"inject","name":"28.E87BC4030000","topic":"28.D8FE434D9855/temperature","payload":"","payloadType":"none","repeat":"10","crontab":"","once":true,"x":136,"y":231,"z":"792ca5d.f86d35c","wires":[["a505fac.f5afa08"]]},{"id":"c8ea9dff.37156","type":"mqtt out","name":"","topic":"","qos":"","retain":"","broker":"eb19c569.14e638","x":639,"y":280,"z":"792ca5d.f86d35c","wires":[]},{"id":"30f9454a.cf06ba","type":"change","action":"replace","property":"retain","from":"","to":"true","reg":false,"name":"","x":459,"y":231,"z":"792ca5d.f86d35c","wires":[["c8ea9dff.37156","97c00da7.683ff"]]},{"id":"97c00da7.683ff","type":"debug","name":"","active":true,"console":false,"complete":false,"x":661,"y":201,"z":"792ca5d.f86d35c","wires":[]}]
                              [ATTACH]67155[/ATTACH]
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have not used OWFS or node red, but I see with google that there is much info out there about this approach. I was surprised to see somebody also included the 1-wire hubs which would be great for me. https://stufftoshare.wordpress.com/2...-for-node-red/.

What I was thinking about doing was 1-wire via ESP8266 using the Tasmota 1-wire library and then use the Sonoff units to replace each branch of my 1-wire hub. Moving my 1-wire to something more modern is on my list, but urgency does not exist at this time.
                                Micheal the tasmota firmware on a WEMOS with 1-wire enabled is such a cheap and simple "temperature/humidity node" I have these distributed around my house sending updates every 100 seconds.....

Pete
                                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                                X