This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Setup

I have looked, but can not find the answer. In setting up the plugin with a hub. I add the IP address for the hub, but how do I enter the username and password. It do not show up on the config page. I did log in to the hub with the browser.

Thanks for you time

yah, i guess this is a bug. hit save, and then reload the config page, and the username password fields should show up
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

No Joy. using 3.0.6.0vr on Chrome. tried it on Edge also. Tried restarting HS3. No luck

Comment

if the plugin is saving your ip : port info and still not showing the username, pswd fields, then i must have fixed this already in the beta

i know you're just startup out here, but would you mind installing the latest beta version which is in the beta section of the Updater.
        Last edited by mnsandler; April 27, 2018, 09:34 AM.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Been working on this a few months with no luck. downloaded beta but still no change. user and password files not shown. Using chrome as browser.

Comment

can you post some screen shots of what you see
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hub vs. USB PLC

I have been using a USB PLC to control my Insteon devices via Homeseer. Unfortunately these seem to fail every 2-3 years. Mine has recently failed. So I was looking to replace it and saw this thread about using the Insteon Hub with Homeseer to control Insteon devices. I already have an Insteon Hub, Model #2245-222, that I use to control Insteon devices via my smartphone and Alexa. Is this the same hub that can be used with Homeseer? My hub currently doesn't have all my devices added to it, so would switching to the Hub require me to do a major reprogramming of devices/events in Homeseer? Is there a description somewhere of what is required to switch from a USB PLC to a HUB?

Thanks,
              B2

Comment

Originally posted by bburns View Post
                I have been using a USB PLC to control my Insteon devices via Homeseer. Unfortunately these seem to fail every 2-3 years. Mine has recently failed. So I was looking to replace it and saw this thread about using the Insteon Hub with Homeseer to control Insteon devices. I already have an Insteon Hub, Model #2245-222, that I use to control Insteon devices via my smartphone and Alexa. Is this the same hub that can be used with Homeseer? My hub currently doesn't have all my devices added to it, so would switching to the Hub require me to do a major reprogramming of devices/events in Homeseer? Is there a description somewhere of what is required to switch from a USB PLC to a HUB?

Thanks,
                B2
                B2,

this is the same Hub that the plugin supports as a controller.

to switch to the hub you would need to use the plugin 'swap interface' routine to reprogram your devices to reference the hub instead of the dead PLM. I can provide more detail, but its pretty straight forward.

two issues:
                1. if you want to continue to use the insteon app, you will need to continue to maintain those devices via the app. the plugin does not know anything about what the app writes to the hub.

2. a recent hub update (1016) broken the plugin connection to the hub. so if you have the update, you would need to a request the fix or wait until the next update.

if you get to the point of doing the swap, please start a new thread so we don't high jack this thread.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X