This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanlinc Status Reporting

I installed a new FanLinc and a 6-button KPL. I configured the KPL so that that buttons B, C, D, E are in a radio group. I linked these buttons to the FanLinc as Fan Off, Fan Low, Fan Med, Fan High. Pressing the KPL buttonw works great and the fan responds as expected. The problem is that no matter what button is pressed (even off), Homeseer reports the Fan status as "HIGH" (value 100) unless and until the device is polled. Other than set the polling to 1 min is there a way to have Homeseer correctly report the fan's status?

i would suggest an event to perform the status request based on the insteon trigger 'transmits a on command'. one event for each of the 4 kpl btns: b,c,d,e

the action should look like this. its a script action

hs.polldevice("a1")

replace a1 with the device for the fanlinc fan control hs device
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

as an alternative, you might enable the 'Sync linked responder devices' on the kpl device to see if that will update the fanlinc. no guarantees
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X