send a text command to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

send a text command to homeseer

I am trying to use my location to set a virtual device in HS. The device would have three states: Home, Away, Office.

I cannot figure out how to directly set this in IFTTT since the virtual device with 3 states doesn't show up (at least I don't know how to make it.) in IFTTT when making an applet.

I see that IFTTT can "send a text command to HS". I was wondering if anyone uses that? Can I send a string to HS to set the virtual device? I tried searching for a thread about that, but didn't see any.

Thanks for any help!

Probably a bit late in the day, but for anyone searching for this I had precisely the same scenario. I am using the "send a text massage" option - HomeSeer just sees it as a voice command so anything that works with that will work with the IFTTT option. I added a specific voice command to the virtual device of "Set house mode" and then the text in IFTTT is just "set house mode to away" or whatever.

Comment

For the original scenario, I just created an event that is invoked by IFTTT. So IFTTT causes that event to trigger, which in turns sets the virtual device or whatever else is needed.

Comment

Working...
      X