X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which port for client status update?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get HSTouch running over an ssh connection using client to server port forwarding. I run a HSTouch client on my local machine and I've forwarded its 10200 port to the remote machine running an sshd and Homeseer. I also forwarded local ports to the IP addresses of the IP cams on my remote network, to be able to view them from within HSTouch. So far so good: I'm able to control my HS devices and see the IPcams video.

Live client status update, however, doesn't seem to work: I defined some labels that should show wind speed, temperatures, motion detector status, etc. These work when I run the client directly on the HS machine but they don't work when I'm running the client on my local machine and connect to the remote HS machine through ssh. At startup of the client, the client does retrieve the status and displays it, but it doesn't get updated.

My guess is that for client status update, the HSTouch plugin in HS is initiating the communication and not the client. Am I right? And if so, what port is used for these status updates / how could I fix this? HS doesn't show any error in its log. Firewall etc. is off.

In case you are wondering why I'd like to run it this way: I'm going to demo HSTouch for a group of students and need remote access to my HS server from my laptop running the client.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Lennart
Working...
X