X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to show device status?

Hi,
    I wanted to add, in some way, display of status of some devices on iPhone. For example, by accessing my system remotely via HSTouch, I have no way of telling whether or not any of my thermostats are currently in the "Hold" mode and for how long. I use BLStat (thanks, Blade!) and it creates devices for just about every thermostat function, including hold/run device. I just have no idea how to add such a device via designer to my project so that the current value would be displayed...

You need to look at Status Tracking, if you have a device that shows this then it is simple - drag a text element to the screen, highlight it, on the elements properties window look for Status Tracking and then click it. Should bring up a window where you can select your HomeSeer device that you want to track.

If you end up wanting to display things differently (run/hold in different colours, different text instead of run/hold etc) then this is where you can run into problems, it all depends on how the device has been coded in the plugin - it might have a value of 100 for run and 0 for hold or similar (but it could be 1/0 or any value or no value). Follow the same points as before but when you have finished Status Tracking you will end up with a new field in the Element Properties window called StatusColors, click here and look at MatchStatus or MatchValue, you will need to create as many entries as you need for your values and then this allows you to display different font colours or alternative text.

As to how long its been in that mode then you can do this but seeing your other post you might want to look in the memory leak thread - the way i'm suggesting could lead to problems (albeit not confirmed). It relies on the time it has been in that mode as the time that the HS device changed, put this in the Text field of a text element, changing the device as appropriate.

[$SCRIPT=&hs.devicelastchange("A1")]

Comment

Working...
    X