Z-wave Floodlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave Floodlight

Ok, I have an x-10 floodlight, a pr511, which has been working quite well for a long time now. But...I am upgrading to z-wave and would like to replace the x-10 unit and add a few more floods.
    Has anyone seen a Z-wave floodlight, including the motion sensor? Or anything close? Hopefully in an integrated unit.
    I have done some web surfing, but not found anything yet.
    Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

Closest I've seen is mating one of the new floodlamps with a switch.

The lamps I am referring to typically can be turned ON/OFF from "flicking" the switch ON/OFF in a pattern...or they just operate waiting for motion.

Not what you are looking for...but...yeah...

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Why bother with a combo unit. Then your stuck with the light thats connected to the sensor, when all you need is one sensor to trigger multiple flood lights.. Thats what I am doing, I just cant get the event programming correct since its z-wave motion sensor, there is a real issue with programming, even the help files say they cant help go to the forums. In Homeseer Software controller

Comment

I started switching to Z-wave a few years ago and have found that there just aren't (simple) replacements for some X-10 devices. So I'm just continuing to use HS with both X-10 and Z-wave devices.

I needed to add a new X-10 flood light and they are no longer available. I got lucky and found someone here who had spares and I purchased those. So if the floodlight is working, I wouldn't replace it just yet. Hopefully their will be a plug & play Z-wave solution in the future.

Barry

Comment

I did this by using my existing flood lights and putting a Z-Wave relay switch to control these. I then mounted 3 X10 motion sensors - one on the east side, center, and west side of the back of my home. This works out really well. The only issue I've encountered is I get a few false triggers using these X10 motion sensors. Better motion sensors would work better. I have announcements on my deck speakers that state "motion detected in east back yard, motion detected in west back yard, etc.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was quite disappointed in X10.com for discontinuing these. I have three installed and in more than 20 years, I've only ever had one fail. I had a spare at the time and threw out the old one. I wish now I'd kept it and just repaired it.
            Separate motion sensors will work, but now there're batteries to worry about. Up here batteries sometimes become a bit unreliable outdoors in -25C degree weather.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X