Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everspring Water Sensor with FortrezZ Water Valve

Hi all,

I have a FortrezZ WV-01 Z-Wave Water Valve and use it with a number of Fortrezz sensors. I need to add a few more sensors, and looking at the Everspring ST812-2 Z-Wave Water / Flood Sensor as an option. Have any of you used this combination? Can I create a direct association between them so that the valve can close on water detected without HS being in the middle?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Has anyone tried this combo before?

Thanks
    Al

Comment

As an FYI, I did order a few of the Everspring water sensors and they work fine with the Fortrezz water valve. The water valve gets added as an association to Group 2 and HomeSeer to Group 1.

Cheers
      Al

Comment

Thank you for posting this!

Quick question -- do you prefer the Everspring or the Fortrezz sensors?

Comment

Hi Mike,

I prefer the Everspring sensors. They are built a bit better and come with a probe so the main unit can be mounted away from the surface where you want to detect liquids. I also have had a couple of the FortrezZ sensors fail right after the warranty period was up. Initially they said they would replace and then changed their minds. I bought more Eversprings to replace them.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Hi Mike,

I prefer the Everspring sensors. They are built a bit better and come with a probe so the main unit can be mounted away from the surface where you want to detect liquids. I also have had a couple of the FortrezZ sensors fail right after the warranty period was up. Initially they said they would replace and then changed their minds. I bought more Eversprings to replace them.

Cheers
            Al
            This is good info. They are cheaper, too. Any issues whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
              Any issues whatsoever?
              Absolutely none with the Eversprings.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Absolutely none with the Eversprings.

Cheers
                Al
                Thanks! Will be purchasing these!

Comment

Does the Everspring ST812-2 Z-Wave Water / Flood Sensor report the battery percentages?
                  I have always had a problem with the Fortrezz water sensors reporting the battery status. It will always show 99% even thought it is set up to transmit every 12hr.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

I have an additional question, more directed towards the Fortrezz, but I'll be using it with EverSprings.

How are people triggering the Fortrezz to turn the valve off when water is sensed by an EverSpring sensor? An event in HomeSeer? And/or, associations?

If with associations, is there instant reporting status of Fortrezz if the valve turns off due to being triggered by a sensor?

Comment

fyi -- thanks again for the info! I installed the first of 9 EverSpring sensors without issues, and was able to associate it with the Fortrezz water valve!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                        Does the Everspring ST812-2 Z-Wave Water / Flood Sensor report the battery percentages?
                        I have always had a problem with the Fortrezz water sensors reporting the battery status. It will always show 99% even thought it is set up to transmit every 12hr.
                        Hi Ronnie, sorry, missed your post earlier. I haven't taken a hard look at the battery percentages on the Eversprings. I'll try to take a look later this weekend. I have the same issue with the Fortrezz ones.

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                        fyi -- thanks again for the info! I installed the first of 9 EverSpring sensors without issues, and was able to associate it with the Fortrezz water valve!
                        Glad to hear it's all working for you.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Working...
                        X