No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 Build 3.0.0.312

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rather dumb question - but which is the preferred way to update HS3 on Windows?
    During the past when I brought up HS and it detects a new version to install, I seem to have problems with the install because the installer states that I can't have HS running during the install ...but it's started since this is when a new version is detected. I have in the past had to kill the HS process (cringing as I do it) in order to install. Does the update work cleanly downloading the kit and just running it standalone? Is this the preferred way to update HS3?

Thanks

Robert
    Last edited by langenet; March 8, 2017, 04:19 PM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

3.0.0.312 and x10 not working

I updated to 312, and now none of my x10 devices are working. I am using the standard x10 plugin on com1, with a TI103 interface.
      the log shows the x10 commands being sent, but they don't go out at all.
      I even have an x10 module plugged into the same outlet as the interface for testing and it doesn't do anything. I've updated all the various plugins, restarted the x10, verified settings, etc.
      I am on a HomeSeer Series 3 HomeTroller which as worked fine up until the update.
      I know there were upgrades to the device programming with the new link feature, did it affect the x10
      Code:
      Current Date/Time: 3/8/2017 10:15:18 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.312
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 25 Minutes 41 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.2.10
      Number of Devices: 81
      Number of Events: 48
      Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.41.0: BLBackup
      2.0.35.0: BLLAN
      2.0.7.0: BLMapper
      2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
      2.0.89.0: BLRF
      1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
      3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
      3.0.6.0: Insteon
      3.0.0.11: NetCAM
      1.0.0.5: Restart
      3.0.0.36: X10
      3.0.1.93: Z-Wave
      here is the log entry showing it *should* be working
      Code:
      Mar-08 21:52:19	 	Info	Plugin X10 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:1582
      Mar-08 21:52:20	 	ACT TI103	Calling initIO in TI103 with port:COM1
      Mar-08 21:52:20	 	Info	TI103 Plug-in, Version 3.0.36
      Mar-08 21:52:20	 	Plug-In	Finished initializing plug-in X10
      and here are the log entries it shows for some commands

Code:
      Mar-08 21:53:37	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: M1 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      Mar-08 21:53:39	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: M1 Cmd: 2 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      Mar-08 21:53:48	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: M1 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      Mar-08 21:53:57	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: N1 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      Mar-08 21:54:01	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: N1 Cmd: 2 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      Mar-08 21:54:04	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: N1 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      Mar-08 21:54:11	 	X10 INFO	SendX10: N1 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
      I been doing this a couple years now, slowly due to funds, so I'm really a noob who has just gotten things to work from reading the boards, til now.
      my house is kinda old, the wiring lends itself to x10 a little more than others, although i have some limited use of Insteon and z-wave for locks.

any and all help is appreciated.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        For security reasons we no long save the updater information to the text file. We never advertised that the info was public so any plugin that was reading that file will not work. The file contains information that points to third party servers and we felt it was best to not leave that public.
        Doesn't the presence of the updater.txt file in http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_312.tar.gz take some of the teeth out of this precaution??

Comment

Yep, thanks for pointing that out, I have re-posted the file with that file removed.
          Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          Doesn't the presence of the updater.txt file in http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_312.tar.gz take some of the teeth out of this precaution??
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

To update to the latest:

For HS3 software, just restart HS3, it will prompt you to update. The download is also available from the downloads page at homeseer.com.

Am I missing something here.Just restarted the Raspberry Pi and no prompt for me to update.

Current Date/Time: 09/03/2017 19:29:43
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
            Linux version: Linux raspberrypi 4.4.21-v7+ #911 SMP Thu Sep 15 14:22:38 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 19 Hours 12 Minutes 24 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.0.27
            Number of Devices: 75
            Number of Events: 2
            Available Threads: 393

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.0.5: CM15A
            3.1.13.7: CONCORD
            3.0.0.63: weatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
              I suspect this is why I didn't run into this issue. . .

Comment

Windows prompts to update when you start HS3, for our Linux controllers, go into Setup and click the update button. For users who run HS3 on their own Linux, they have to download the tar file and extract it.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                To update to the latest:

For HS3 software, just restart HS3, it will prompt you to update. The download is also available from the downloads page at homeseer.com.

Am I missing something here.Just restarted the Raspberry Pi and no prompt for me to update.

Current Date/Time: 09/03/2017 19:29:43
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
                Linux version: Linux raspberrypi 4.4.21-v7+ #911 SMP Thu Sep 15 14:22:38 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 19 Hours 12 Minutes 24 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.0.27
                Number of Devices: 75
                Number of Events: 2
                Available Threads: 393

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.0.5: CM15A
                3.1.13.7: CONCORD
                3.0.0.63: weatherXML

Comment

Has there been any improvements to the installer with. 312 such that it shuts down an already starting instance of HS3 so that it can proceed? In the past two updates that I went through, I had to 'end process' before I could update HS. Killing the process abruptly doesn't provide much in the way of a comfortable upgrade experience.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yep, thanks for pointing that out, I have re-posted the file with that file removed.
                    Nice! Now complete the deal by removing it from http://homeseer.com/updates3/updater.txt !!

Comment

In my case this 312 version has overwritten the startup.vb script. I didn't see any changes in the script, so I've copied my backup file to the scripts folder. My previous install version was 300.

Comment

Shutting down HS3 is done by the installer which is a third party app. Just go to the HS3 window and click the close box to shutdown HS3 then proceed with the installer.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        Has there been any improvements to the installer with. 312 such that it shuts down an already starting instance of HS3 so that it can proceed? In the past two updates that I went through, I had to 'end process' before I could update HS. Killing the process abruptly doesn't provide much in the way of a comfortable upgrade experience.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                          In my case this 312 version has overwritten the startup.vb script. I didn't see any changes in the script, so I've copied my backup file to the scripts folder. My previous install version was 300.
                          Just verified. . .mine didn't get overwritten.

Comment

Windows prompts to update when you start HS3, for our Linux controllers, go into Setup and click the update button. For users who run HS3 on their own Linux, they have to download the tar file and extract it.
                            Ok. TAR file downloaded. HS3 is auto starting on boot on my system. I assume I need to shut it down before I untar the update. Does the TAR file overwrite my current HomeSeer folder. I'm using a registered version of HS3 so the update would need untar to the same directory otherwise it would appear as an unregistered version. Is that correct.

Could you possibly give further instruction on updating after the TAR file has been downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                              Hi,
                              I've just updated from .298 to .312 .
                              After starting HS3 I've got the following HS .log message :

Mrz-08 18:19:38
                              ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\updater.txt" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Dateiname: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\updater.txt" bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path) bei HSPI_SCREPOSITORY.PluginStore.GenerateUpdater()
                              what is the reason for this and how to solve ?

Best regards,
                              Fischi
                              Hi,
                              is there a way to get this error message away ?
                              I hate (red) error messages in my HS .log

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                                Hi,
                                is there a way to get this error message away ?
                                I hate (red) error messages in my HS .log

Fischi
                                This is probably not caused by HomeSeer, it is likely one of your plug-ins looking for the file. Try disabling your plug-ins one at a time and see if disabling one of them stops the error.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X