X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET problem

Michael,

Ever since the 2.10.0.29B update, the program no longer reads ET from my CSV weather file (Weather Sensor Source). Same with .33B update. The ET in mcsSprinklers is all zeros all the time, even though there are values for ET in the CSV file.

When I downgrade back to .28B, all works fine. Update (zero ET)-downgrade (correct ET) cycle is repeatable.

Ed

Comment

This is a fallout of the coding changes for Mono. Can you give me you settings for the input? Is it a first line or last line? Is it delimited or fixed column?

Comment

The file is comma delimited and has only one line.

The mcsSprinklers settings for the file are:
        Use first record of file
        Delimited Layout with Delimiter ,

The mcsSprinklers settings for ET are:
        CSV File
        CSV File Column/Position: 3
        Source data reporting: Daily Total

The other positions (Temp, Humidity, Wind, Rain, etc.) are read correctly by the newer versions (.029 and up).

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I thought csv input in general was not working.

Comment

Comment

ET Correction made to V2.10.0.36.
              Also corrected HS startup issue preventing recent releases to run as plugin as well as other findings.

Comment

Web Interface Broken

Ever since updating the .dll to 2.10.051 or 2.10.053 on Pro standalone, the web interface no longer works on remote computers. The web interface works fine from the computer that mcsSprinklers is running on (at http:\\localhost:8008/status), but trying from any other computer at (for instance) www.mysprinklerserver.com:8008/status just brings up a blank page.

Reverting the .dll back to 2.10.046 fixes the problem...so that version is the last one I can find that works OK.

Comment

With .50 the HTTP server was changed to use the .NET classes rather than direct socket management. I was not aware there was a remote access issue and will look into it. What you have with .46 seems like the last one published with the socket implementation.

Comment

Thanks for the info Michael. I'll wait to update until you look into it. Thanks again, Ed.

Comment

I'm having no problems with remote access using v51. I haven't tried 53.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Remote Access

Are you trying to web access from a remote computer over the internet or from a different computer on the same network?

Comment

I have the same problem if using access over internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Whizkid View Post
                            Are you trying to web access from a remote computer over the internet or from a different computer on the same network?
                            Sorry, I was responding to your "any other computer" statement. Didn't pay attention to the address in the example. I was referring to other computers on my home network. I haven't tried from outside my router.
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I could verify that WAN access using IPV4 and firewalls open provides connectivity to versions .50 and after. The use of username/password had issues and that has been corrected and confirmed by other user for WAN access. Provisions for IPV6 were also made in .57 but testing needs a computer that supports IPV6 and my laptop that I'm using now does not. I expect it to work and not require a username password when connecting IPV6 locally.

Comment

Still, none of the versions past 2.10.0.46 work for me remotely using the latest version of Internet Explorer on Windows 7. I haven't tried any other browsers. All I get is a blank page and/or a notice saying that IE cannot read the page.

Please let me know if there is any more specific diagnostic info you might need.

Comment

Working...
                                X