Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same problem, brand new dimmer and instant notification does not work. It's actually replacing an olde Vizia dimmer that was a pain to use.
    I like the dimming bar on the side, and like that the lights are hidden, but the HomeSeer dimmers grew on me: I like the central scene, and making them do random stuff with double or triple clicks is cool (although I'm the only one in the family that occasionally remembers what they do).
    Going back to the Leviton, the button seems a bit flimsy, and I think it's going to annoy me...

I don't think it's a problem with neighbors, I tried full optimization.

Here's the log from when it first paired:

Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 42, ID: 29=1DH (Leviton), Type: 12801=3201H, ID: 1=1H
    Node: 42 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, CONFIGURATION_V3, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, BASIC, SWITCH_ALL, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V4
    Node: 42 Controls Class(es): HAIL
    Node 42 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 1.13
    Node 42 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    All associations for node 42 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
    UZB: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 42 Z-Wave Leviton Switch Multilevel (Node 42, Group 1) to HomeSeer
    Finished.

I tried re-adding associations, with no change. Tried the air switch to reboot the dimmer and still doesn't provide instant notification. Connectivity to the dimmer is fine.

Comment

I opened another support case with Leviton and they came back with the following answer (literal):

"The Homeseer will not get status updates from either of those devices outside of its standard polling cycle. This is due to the fact that Homeseer hub does not support the "Hail" command class."

I'm not sure it's correct. The HS3 documentation is somewhat opaque, and the certification page for HS3 does not list Hail:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/1310/classes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mjlewis View Post
          Same issue here.

I am using a SmartThings Hub, and cannot find any way to fix this issue. The DZ6HD locks up after a period of time (hours or a few days at most) under normal use.
          Only way to fix it is the air gap.

It’s easily reproductible on my setup: if I press up on the main paddle and then quickly press down on the thin dim paddle, and vice versa, and keep doing this quickly I can usually get the device to lock up.

Here is the troubleshooting thread we went through, without any luck. I’m starting to think this is a firmware issue
          https://community.smartthings.com/t/...dz1kd/89700/70

Have you ever managed to solve it on Homeseer?
          I didn't get too far with Leviton support, however, it's been stable now with the latest homeseer version and Z-Wave plugin.
          What I think did it on HomeSeer is to go to the Z-Wave tab, click 'Optimize' twice, then click on 'Full Optimize'. This process re-learns all the neighbors and routes to the device and configures the routes back to the hub.
          The audit shows it can detect a node that's literally three ft. away from the hub, but there is no direct connection to the hub (It's actually a Z-Net, which I end up migrating from the USB interface I had originally, but this didn't make much difference in this case).
          I didn't get a new firmware from Leviton, which I was hoping for.

Note: After Re-reading your post, I wonder if your hub is aggressively polling the device. HomeSeer is very lax at polling, and by default it never polls Z-Wave Plus devices, or anything that can send notifications for that matter. Perhaps a combination of bad routing and polling can make the dimmers hung. The Leviton dimmer is version 1.13

Comment

Having the same issue here with a Leviton DZ15S. Installed, worked fine, reported status and triggered events. Then it stopped reporting status when I activate it.

I checked the associations and I get "Failed to get Association Group Count information..." in the log.

Polling interval is set to 0 0 0 - which I assume is appropriate for an instant status switch. No need to poll it if it (allegedly) lets you know its status.

Full optimize returns this error:

Calling PlugConfigDevicePost in plugin Z-Wave->Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Then "Assigning return route from node 1 to..." and finally "...Optimization and Add Route completed successfully"

So I assume without an association and no way to add one I am going to have to remove and add the switch again?

Comment

Eventually, it's working stable for me. I'm using the Z-Wave Plugin 3.0.1.190
              There is an association and Homeseer sets the polling interval to 0 when the device supports instant notification.
              Try running a full Z-Wave optimization: Go to Plugin -> Z-Wave -> Controller Management
              First run 'Optimize a Network, No Return Route Changes'
              and then run 'Fully Optimize a Network. (Once or twice).
              Once this is done, try to 'Rescan' the Leviton switch

Comment

Thanks for the help. No luck so far. Full optimize isn't able to reach the device yet I am able to control it through Homeseer. Scan is giving me the following:

Apr-02 10:29:08 AM Z-Wave Getting association information for Girls Bathroom Second Floor Main Light
                Apr-02 10:28:42 AM Z-Wave Getting association information for Girls Bathroom Second Floor Main Light
                Apr-02 10:26:53 AM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 88
                Apr-02 10:26:01 AM Z-Wave Node 88 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
                Apr-02 10:26:01 AM Z-Wave Node 88 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 1.15
                Apr-02 10:26:01 AM Z-Wave Warning Error getting version information for node 88, Send failed.
                Apr-02 10:25:35 AM Z-Wave Node: 88 Controls Class(es): HAIL
                Apr-02 10:25:35 AM Z-Wave Node: 88 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, CONFIGURATION_V4, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_BINARY, BASIC_V2, SWITCH_ALL, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2
                Apr-02 10:25:35 AM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
                Apr-02 10:25:35 AM Z-Wave Found 65 Z-Wave nodes
                Apr-02 10:25:35 AM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network E9F3ED23...

Remove and delete and re-add perhaps. It was working fine when I first installed it but lost it's way within a week or so.

Comment

OK, I deleted and added this switch. Everything added perfectly. Then when I operate the switch I get no status in Homeseer. Also, when I check Associations I get the following error in the log:

Failed to get Association Group Count information for device Z-Wave Node 90 Sigma Switch Binary. So either this is a defective switch, or there is something wrong in the firmware of the switch, or something wrong in the Homeseer Z-wave driver.

I checked the beta version of the Zwave driver and I don't see any notes about this switch (or any Leviton switches) so I don't think installing the beta will solve any problems?

I am about to rip it out and try another one just to see what happens.

Comment

Typically when a switch reports itself as a Sigma device it wasn't added correctly. How close was the switch when you attempted to add it?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My two cents on this

I have two of these installed side by side in the same room for different lights. One works great, every time, and the other stops reporting status after a while (days or weeks, not sure).

Comparing the two, not sure if any of this helps who understand this more:

Not reporting status switch:
                      Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,
                      try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config

There's an additional item called firmware upgrade for this one.

I'm guessing there might be a firmware difference but I'm having trouble figuring how to display that. I even fired up the Z-Seer tool I got and it doesn't even show these nodes in the list (hmpf!)

I'll update this with anything new I discover.

Comment

I moved my Z-Net to about 10 feet away - deleted and re-added (see below). Same results. No associations - Still shows as a Sigma Switch Binary in the description when I add it.

Add Node started...
                        Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
                        A new node is being added...
                        Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
                        DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
                        Done. Node 92 Added.
                        Reloading (importing) node information...
                        Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
                        Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
                        Node: 92 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, CONFIGURATION_V4, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_BINARY, BASIC_V2, SWITCH_ALL, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2
                        Node: 92 Controls Class(es): HAIL
                        Node 92 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
                        Finished.
                        Saving network information to file: ZNet_Z-Net_E9F3ED23_2018-04-08_14.21.00.ZWave. Please wait...
                        Done!

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                          I have two of these installed side by side in the same room for different lights. One works great, every time, and the other stops reporting status after a while (days or weeks, not sure).

Comparing the two, not sure if any of this helps who understand this more:

Not reporting status switch:
                          Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,
                          try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config

There's an additional item called firmware upgrade for this one.

I'm guessing there might be a firmware difference but I'm having trouble figuring how to display that. I even fired up the Z-Seer tool I got and it doesn't even show these nodes in the list (hmpf!)

I'll update this with anything new I discover.
                          You can find the firmware version on the Z-Wave tab of the root device or on the Node Information page of Z-Wave under plug-ins.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
                            Nice to know these are compatible, I've got a half dozen vizia rf+ switches around my house, but people get confused with just a single button vs the 2 button up/down action of the HS switches in my house. Maybe I'll look at dumping my vizia switches.
                            Hi Jon, understood this is an old post.... do you vizia rf+ report status to HS3? Mine worked fine with HS2/ZTroller, but after moving to HS3/Z-Net instant status no longer works. My switch has ZDK 4.22. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cjin View Post

Hi Jon, understood this is an old post.... do you vizia rf+ report status to HS3? Mine worked fine with HS2/ZTroller, but after moving to HS3/Z-Net instant status no longer works. My switch has ZDK 4.22. Thank you.
                              Sorry, no longer use Homeseer or zwave. I switched to RadioRA2 and Home Assistant.

Comment

Working...
                              X