Slow response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow response

I migrated my HS3 setup to a Hometroller, and since then the response time of speaker switching has been really slow. Turning a speaker on takes about 2-3 seconds, and a subsequent speaker switch takes about 5-6 seconds. It seems like it gets bogged down. Any ideas on why?
    Mark

No idea off hand
    I ran that with HS3 for quite a while with no issues until I changed to a russound
    What are u using as a com port
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sorry for the late response, Blade - been away.

The serial port is COM2 onboard a Hometroller S6 Pro, with Windows 7 embedded. The serial port settings are 9600 bps, 8 data bits, parity none, stop bits 1, flow control none; receive and transmit buffers set to highest; IRQ 04.

I must say that the Hometroller is not exactly a speed demon, but I can't believe this plugin should require much juice at all. All my other plugins (9) seem much much faster. BLAB8SS is consistently slow now, but was nearly instantaneous on an i5 with a basically identical HS3 build.

Any diagnostics to do?

Bad install? Can I reinstall somehow without messing up my HS3 devices?

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

So it is communicating and turn on the speakers?
        Can u log a ticket on my web site and capture a debug log of the slowness.
        Then attach it to the help desk ticket and let me know what exactly u did in the debug log
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Thanks, Blade.

Everything seems to switch, just gets bogged down if I try to do more than one switch in sequence. So my users (i.e., wife and kids) get frustrated and keep pushing buttons, which of course bogs it down even further.

I tried switching via the original HACS Configuration Utility, and no lag whatsoever.

Help ticket with debug log was submitted.

Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

Same here. Has this been resolved?

Thanks
            -Skybolt

Comment

This one has stumped me because I am not changing any of the com port processing but it does not work if I make a change to .13

I am still trying to get through it

Makes me wish I still had my AB8SS because I am flying blind
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                This one has stumped me because I am not changing any of the com port processing but it does not work if I make a change to .13

I am still trying to get through it

Makes me wish I still had my AB8SS because I am flying blind
                I take it you switched to RussSound - I'd offer to debug for you except I have zero time these days to work with homeseer. I'd ship you my ABS but my wife would shoot me. That said, if I can help you somehow let me know.

I can say this, an event in HS to turn off a speaker when another one is turned off can take around 30 sec. to happen.If I trigger the speakers with X10 fired commands only the first is "seen", the second one has to wait about 30 sec. then I can send another command.
                -Skybolt

Comment

So I just did a quick test and what is in the log is not what actually happened.
                  The device "Master Bath" did not turn off in one second. it was more like 15-20 seconds. 30 may have been exaggerated a bit.

Mar-21 1:03:45 PM Device Control Device: House Speakers Master Bath to Off (0)
                  Mar-21 1:03:45 PM Event Event Trigger "Sonos Music Player Master Bath Off"
                  Mar-21 1:03:41 PM Device Control Device: House Speakers Master Bedroom to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I am running HS3 on an atom 525 based system on an SSD. It is windows 7 64bit.
                  -Skybolt

Comment

The thing is I had 2 of them

DAMN - If I had one of them it would much easier to test it. I see someone is selling one but $95 is too much. I would buy one for $50 just to have on hand
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Blade -

I have a spare AB8SS. I'm happy to ship it to you, if you promise to ship it back.

Mark
                      Mark

Comment

Sure Mark... sounds great

I will be heading to our condo in Florida at the end of March so why don't we wait until then and you can just ship it to me down there and I can bring it home. I will then ship it back to you once we get it working better

Contact me directly with your email at: blade9123 at gmail dot com

I will then contact you when we are leaving and give you the address.

Thanks again
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, anything on this?
                          -Skybolt

Comment

Try 2.0.16 in the HS3 updater
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

2.0.16 works great for me. Response time is almost instantaneous now - no lag between sequential commands. I tried my events, scripts and scenes - all good.

Thank you, Bob!
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X