This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SqueezeBox plug-in version 1.6.0 Released

The SqueezeBox plug-in version 1.6.0 is available from the updater.

Summary of New Features
    • Supports SqueezeCenter security (user/password login)
    • The end of music library rescan trigger (re-)querying the number of artists, albums, songs, etc to the current playlist
    • Added a new HomeSeer actions called "SqueezeBox Playlist" and "SqueezeBox Playlist Album" as well as scripting APIs to add songs or albums, play songs or albums, etc
    • Extended existing HomeSeer action called “SqueezeBox Action” and scripting APIs SendActionByName and BroadcastActionByName to specifying the rating of a song and sleep a player. Song rating requires the SqueezeCenter TrackStat plug-in to be installed.
    • Supports SqueezeCenter Extension Downloader to install SqueezeCenter plug-in from HS2 server.
    • Triggering menus that perform actions (device actions, running events or scripts, etc) now displays a short notification message to provide feedback.
    • Changed device text format for 1st device per player to not include “(“ and “)” characters.
    • Custom menus displayed in players support two additional types to either display custom text in submenu or briefly display a message when menu is selected. The custom displayed text supports variable replacement, therefore enabling to compose text combining static text and values from one or multiple HomeSeer devices.
    • Added support for menus on Duet Controllers.
    • Minimum requirements: SqueezeCenter 7.3 and HomeSeer 2.3.0.23

Summary of Bug Fixes
    • Fixed connection error 10047 encountered by some users
    • Fixed "Shuffle off" and "Repeat off" action buttons in HS2 status page
    • Fixed update of all screensaver displays upon periodic data refresh

Requirements
    The Squeezebox plug-in version 1.6.0 requires HomeSeer versions 2.3.23 or later and SqueezeCenter 7.2 or later.

Known issue
    If you wish to install this plug-in on HomeSeer HS2 versions 2.3 prior to Build 23, you may need to go to the plug-in installation directory (in the Updates2 subdirectory in your HomeSeer HS2 installation) and manually start the installer by double clicking setup.exe. HS2 Builds prior to 2.3.23 did not allow running MSI installers at startup and wait for the installation to finish.

Please refer to the plug-in documentation for detailed installation instruction and feature list. Once you installed the plug-in, the documentation is available from {HS2 Installation Directory}\html\SqueezeBox\SqueezeBoxPlugin.pdf. The documentation is also accessible from the HomeSeer Help Resources.
    Last edited by pcp; September 16, 2009, 06:51 AM.

I did the upgrade and all is working fine, thanks pcp!

Comment

the updater is telling me i have the latest. 1.6.0.4

but i installed that one a long time ago...

Comment

I am little ahead of the Game

I am a little ahead of the game. I have purchased the plugin and installed both the plugin and squeeze center without any trouble. I just have not received my SqueezeBox radio. So I have no devices. That not my question On the setup -> interface page the plugin is listed twice once as squeezebox and once as "repo". Is this normal?

Comment

Yes this is normal. The repo is the web page repository for the SqueezeCenter Extension Downloader to load the plug-in; it had to be URL without cgi. The config page is the one you want to use.

You could 'play' with it using soft players such as squeezeplay or softsqueeze until your receive the squeezebox radio.

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
          I am a little ahead of the game. I have purchased the plugin and installed both the plugin and squeeze center without any trouble. I just have not received my SqueezeBox radio. So I have no devices. That not my question On the setup -> interface page the plugin is listed twice once as squeezebox and once as "repo". Is this normal?

Comment

I forgot I posted a zip file with the 1.6.0.4 version (not a full beta). The only difference between the builds (the beta 1.6.0.4 beta patch and final release) is the addition of the sleep action. You could uninstall and re-install from the updater. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
            the updater is telling me i have the latest. 1.6.0.4

but i installed that one a long time ago...

Comment

how do you uninstall from the updater?
              Best,
              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

You uninstall the plug-in using the "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel not via the Updater. Before uninstalling, make a copy of the plugin ini file. Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the new version usng the Updater and overwrite the ini file with the backup version.

Comment

where can i dowload HomeSeer versions 2.3.23 ? have a link to download it? please
                  Thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by HomePilote View Post
                    where can i dowload HomeSeer versions 2.3.23 ? have a link to download it? please
                    Thanks for help
                    Any version above 2.3.23 works with this plugin. You can download HS2 software (Version 2.3.0.86 for example) from http://homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm or if you are looking for more recent HS2 Beta versions visit http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=847

Comment

Working...
                    X