HS3 and X10 nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Curious why the TW523 / Volp dual phase emulator continues to work just fine and fast?
    Pete,
    I'm pretty sure your question was intended to be rhetorical, but can't help responding.
    I think Jeff may have applied his extensive knowledge/analysis to the problem and combined that with superior engineering to produce a more reliable device with more output power.
    - Just a guess. -
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It's an age thing rather than talking to myself I write on the forum.

You are right Mike as he did start looking at all of these issues in the 1990's. He mentioned an updated PIC and firmware back then to the existing X10 stuff. IE: the CM11A mods were not only a firmware mod (that everyone said couldn't be done) but moving and adding wires to the CM11A. HAI went to using a dualing TW523 set up connecting to one serial port in the late 1990's to the Omni series of panels.

Here started to switch (well and did) to Insteon during the salad days and managed the Insteon switches via the HAI panel using X10 and kept bugging HAI about integrating insteon Insteon - they wanted no part of it back then.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This morning just testing with CM11A / XTB or CM11A without XTB and no CP303 blocker in place yet (today for sure).

I also have an old x10 phase coupler which I had removed and is easy to install.

HS3 Pro running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 Linux talking via USB to Digi Edgeport 8 to CM11A.

Note this testing is only in Linux with HS3 running Mark's plugin and heyu talking to the CM11A on one phase of electric.

Those wanting to test CM11A with other than HS3 Software here is a piece of software which I tested to work in a Wintel VB that works just fine.
        I saw no differences in speeds here with the old X10 application talking to the CM11A. Note to run this software you need to shut down HS3 and configure the software to talk to the CM11A. Note this old software is not being sold anymore. That said the included key for it's use is public but difficult to get to. Logging is primitive on the old software without any granular details here.

Windows Home Automation

Conclusion so far is that the CM11A is very sensitive to any sort of noise on the power line and that Mark's HS3 plugin V40 works fine for me.

Went to comparison timing here between Mark's Plugin via HS3 and Heyu running via command line.

1 - wrote a little script to run heyu with a time stamp

turna1onandoff.sh

echo on
        date
        heyu -v on a1
        date
        heyu -v off a1
        date
        heyu stop

chmod +x turna1onandoff.sh

./turna1onandoff.sh

Sun Mar 12 08:26:37 CDT 2017
        Version:2.11-rc2
        Sending address bytes: 04 66

xwrite() called, count=2
        xread() called, count=1, timeout = 1
        xread() returning 1 byte(s). The first is 0x6a
        Checksum confirmed

xwrite() called, count=1
        xread() called, count=1, timeout = 10
        xread() returning 1 byte(s). The first is 0x55
        Interface is ready.

Sending command bytes: 06 62
        xwrite() called, count=2
        xread() returning 1 byte(s). The first is 0x68
        Checksum confirmed

xwrite() called, count=1
        Interface is ready.

Transmission OK

Sun Mar 12 08:26:44 CDT 2017

37 seconds ==> 44 seconds = 7 seconds to turn on A1

2 - Using HS3 X10 plugin with CM11A with debug on.

Mar-12 8:32:43 AM Device Control Device: X10 X10-A X10-A1-Chime to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Mar-12 8:32:43 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 4 66 Size: 2
        Mar-12 8:32:43 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 6A
        Mar-12 8:32:43 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
        Mar-12 8:32:44 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55
        Mar-12 8:32:44 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 6 62 Size: 2
        Mar-12 8:32:44 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 68
        Mar-12 8:32:44 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
        Mar-12 8:32:47 AM X10 WARNING CM11A Possible no response to send data, still waiting
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 5A
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Upload byte count: 2
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Upload Data: 1 Time: 30768.237
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 ERROR error in GetUpload :Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Retrying send of data
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 68
        Mar-12 8:32:48 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
        Mar-12 8:32:49 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55

43 seconds ==> 49 seconds 6 seconds to turn on A1

2 - Using Heyu once and HS3 X10 plugin with CM11A with debug on and CP303 blocker in place.
        X10 CP303 or Leviton 6284 is a whole house X10 signal blocker. It prevents X10 in and out of your main electric power.

CP303 or Leviton 6284 has a street price of around $80 (guesstimate).

[ATTACH]60058[/ATTACH]

Note: DO NOT install the CP303 if you are unfamiliar with your fuse panel or electric in general. Hire an electrician to do this Here today with WAF disconnected main load. You can do this removing your electric meter or being careful shutting off your main power. You have to disconnect main neutral coming in to the house for this endeavor. The main neutral of the house goes through the CP303. I used 14 guage stranded wire here. White (neutral), Black (one phase) and Red (second phase).

An alternative to the CP303 and way easier to install is Jeff Volp's XTB-ANR devices. These can be plugged in near the fuse panel. Way much easier to install than the CP303

[ATTACH]60059[/ATTACH]

The XTB-ANR is a small plug-in module that will significantly reduce even in-band noise on its circuit. One plugged into each phase near the distribution panel will significantly reduce the overall noise levels throughout the home, including any coming in over the utility feed.

HeyU testing.

Sun Mar 12 10:18:48 CDT 2017

Sending address bytes: 04 66

xwrite() called, count=2
        xread() returning 1 byte(s). The first is 0x6a
        Checksum confirmed

xwrite() called, count=1
        Interface is ready.

Sending command bytes: 06 63
        xwrite() called, count=2
        xread() returning 1 byte(s). The first is 0x69
        Checksum confirmed

xwrite() called, count=1
        Interface is ready.
        Transmission OK

Sun Mar 12 10:18:50 CDT 2017

50 - 48 seconds ==> 2 seconds. Heard chime here after 1 second.

Homeseer 3 Plugin V40 testing with CP303 (or Leviton 6284) in place.

Mar-12 10:07:38 AM Device Control Device: X10 X10-A X10-A1-Chime to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Mar-12 10:07:38 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 4 66 Size: 2
        Mar-12 10:07:38 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 6A
        Mar-12 10:07:38 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
        Mar-12 10:07:39 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55
        Mar-12 10:07:39 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 6 62 Size: 2
        Mar-12 10:07:39 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 68
        Mar-12 10:07:39 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
        Mar-12 10:07:40 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55

Response time 39 seconds - 38 seconds ==> 1 second. No noise now indicates that X10 noise was coming from outside house.
        Last edited by Pete; March 12, 2017, 12:36 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

X10 noise and filters...

Curious why the TW523 / Volp dual phase emulator continues to work just fine and fast?
          Pete, I have to agree with Michael about your question being rhetorical As I understand it, Jeff's XTB amplifies the signals of a interface plugged into it then transmits that out onto both phases. I am guessing that X10 signals received from the phases are cleaned up, ie; noise removed, and then passed to the interface plugged into it - TW523 in your case but this could be any X10 interface (CM11a, CM15a, Ti103, etc.) Handling a noisy electrical environment to provide reliable X10 performance appears to be one of the many benefits of using this device.

Thank you for the additional testing and demonstrating that the slowness of your CM11a (and warnings from the plugin) are being caused by noise entering your home over the service feed. One or many of your neighbors are likely generating this (unknowingly), and for the most part this goes completely unnoticed unless someone is using X10. I suspect that you also have devices in your home which generate noise as well but they many not be interfering with the test setup you used.

Some thoughts about X10 noise and filters...

Many years ago, when X10 came into existence, our electrical systems mainly powered incandescent lights and motors, which for the most part do not generate X10 interfering noise. Over the years we have moved to almost everything on our electrical systems being electronic: computers, UPS devices, phone/tablet chargers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, A/V equipment, garage door openers, and power supplies and chargers for toys and gadgets. Almost every single one of these generates some amount of X10 interfering trash (noise) on the power line as a result of the way they operate, and some are much worse than others. This noise can be so pervasive that it can travel over the power grid from your neighbor's house to yours, and is especially a problem if you live in an apartment where the power system is shared between tens or even hundreds of units!

Here's an example that I hope will help illustrate the problem... Lets pretend that you and a few friends are standing around on a basketball court in an empty gymnasium. You are the only ones in the gym and the doors and windows are all closed. Let's say that you are a CM11a interface and your friends are X10 modules. The gym is quiet and isolated from the outside world. Using a normal speaking volume you can easily ask your friends (modules) to turn on and off and everyone can easily hear your commands and respond. This is what our electrical environments used to be like and X10 worked well. Now let's open all the doors and windows and invite a hundred or so folks to stand around with you and your friends on the court. All of these new people are chatting, some may be shouting, kids are running about and squealing and there is a bunch of noise coming in from the outside world. Now when you ask your friends to turn on or off in the same voice as you did before (remember you, the CM11a interface have not been upgraded) what happens? Your communication is unreliable or completely ineffective - and this is what our electrical system environments are like today for X10.

If you want to use X10, and have it be reliable, then you must work to reduce or eliminate all sources of X10 noise, and this noise can come from both inside and outside of your system as Pete has demonstrated. Your goal is to isolate all of these noise makers (the extra people and outside noise in my example above) from the wiring inside your home so that the tiny little X10 signals have a fighting chance of being heard, and in order to do this you must use noise filters.

There are two basic types of X10 noise filters: shunting and blocking.
          • Shunting filters usually have two wires and are intended to be installed at the source of noise, across the power line. These are not very common and work by "shorting out" (shunting) any noise within the X10 signal spectrum across the two power lines. I do not recommend the use of these filters as they are "signal suckers" (a term used in the X10 world to describe devices that reduce the X10 signal when plugged in) and will do more to kill your X10 signal environment than to help.
          • Blocking filters work by not allowing X10 signals to pass through the filter device and these are the most common type of X10 filter. These are not "signal suckers" and are the tools you need for a reliable X10 system. I highly recommend you get a bunch of these and plug EVERY electronic device in your home into one of these. If you have multiple small devices plugged into an outlet (such as chargers, etc.) plug a power strip into the filter then plug the devices onto the strip. You must be absolutely rabid about doing this and make sure everyone in your home understands why it is important to do this. For instance, my wife used to plug her cell charger into any convenient outlet and as soon as she did our X10 system would become erratic. When she would try to control the lighting (that now did not work) she would complain about that 'crappy' X10. It took me a while to figure out what she was doing. I explained and demonstrated how the charger was killing the X10 signals and asked that she always use the X10 filter with her charger. Since that time there have been no issues and whenever she goes to plug in a new device she grabs an X10 filter to go with it!
          • There are also special blocking filters, such as the CP303, that will block X10 signals and noise from entering and exiting your home and I have installed one of these. Note that these must be installed in (or at) your electrical panel as they require the incoming neutral wire to be passed through the device. These should be installed by a qualified electrician and in fact, may be illegal to install in a panel in some areas, so be sure to check on this before purchasing one!

I simply cannot stress enough the need to eliminate the X10 noise from your system.
          Does it cost more? Yes.
          Does it take some time to setup? Yes, a little.
          Is it a pain to enforce? Yes.
          Does it result in a reliable X10 system? YES!
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thank you Mark!

Yup here quit paying attention to the CM11A when I went to using Jeff Volp's first XTB amplifier then the XTB-IIR. Note too that I still today utilize the Leviton Omni Pro 2 panel for my X10 and primarily controlled the XTB-IIR via the HS2/3 plugin for X10 stuff and kept a CM11A connected to talk directly from HS2 to X10.

I did implement X10 in the 70's in a home I was renting at the time (during school) and continued to utilize X10 primarily for lighting to the beginning of the 2000's

As mentioned earlier today utilize X10 light and appliance modules for Christmas lighting.

A few months back decided to neaten up the inside of my panel such that I removed the CP303 and the X10 phase coupler. Tested the XTB-IIR and it worked just fine.

So in retro spec as Mark mentions you need to clean up any x10 noise on your power line whether inside your home or coming in from your service entrance.

Just the above forementioned piece should make your CM11A work better.

If you want the sure bet X10 purchase one of Jeff's XTB products (TW523 or CM11A emulation). (X10 on steroids). I prefer going to the dual phase methodology.

These devices (TW-523 and XTB-IIR) all worked just fine before re-installation of the CP303.

All of this tinkering had me connect the old Ocelot / TW523 by itself, TW523 plugged in to the XTB-IIR and a direct connect to the XTB-IIR. I was able to get the Ocelot plugin to work in Linux (there are a few issues which the author is currently fixing). I did also find all of the Ocelot peripherals that I had kept for whatever reasons and now tinkering with those (AD, IR blasting, et al)/
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
              Ok moved the XML to native ports on the focconn - no difference.

decided to do a test. plugged in the XTBMPeo-X10 Signal Meter at the furthest point, no noise reported, manually triggered an X10 device, it took 12 minutes before the meter reported the transmition, still no noise reported!

I think it's a problem with the HS X10 interface, great pity that HST no longer support X10, as without X10 they would not exist.

So I think I am in the ****, convert all to z-wave appears to be the only way out, expensive on the whim of a company to stop support.
              Gordon,

Rereading through this thread trying to understand what might be happening, and I notice in the above post that you have an XTBM Pro meter - so sorry that I did not catch that earlier!

In that post you mention that you measured no noise at the 'farthest point' and I assume you mean the farthest point from your XTB interface. While this is a good sign that the particular circuit you tested does not have noise on it, I would like to ask that you test the noise, transmit and received signal levels at the outlet your XTB interface is plugged in to. This outlet is where the issue appears to be since the XTB (emulated CM11a) seems to be having trouble transmitting and the X10 plugin is reporting this as the "Possible no response..." warning.

So when you get a chance can you plug your XTBM Pro into the outlet your XTB is plugged in and measure the following:
              1) Noise levels over a 10 minute period
              2) XTB transmit level
              3) Level received at the XTB when a distant X10 device transmits (such as a mini-controller or 2-way PLC X10 transmitter).

This will help give us a little more insight into what is happening on your power line at the XTB and why it is struggling to transmit.

Thank you Sir!
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                Gordon,

Rereading through this thread trying to understand what might be happening, and I notice in the above post that you have an XTBM Pro meter - so sorry that I did not catch that earlier!

In that post you mention that you measured no noise at the 'farthest point' and I assume you mean the farthest point from your XTB interface. While this is a good sign that the particular circuit you tested does not have noise on it, I would like to ask that you test the noise, transmit and received signal levels at the outlet your XTB interface is plugged in to. This outlet is where the issue appears to be since the XTB (emulated CM11a) seems to be having trouble transmitting and the X10 plugin is reporting this as the "Possible no response..." warning.

So when you get a chance can you plug your XTBM Pro into the outlet your XTB is plugged in and measure the following:
                1) Noise levels over a 10 minute period
                2) XTB transmit level
                3) Level received at the XTB when a distant X10 device transmits (such as a mini-controller or 2-way PLC X10 transmitter).

This will help give us a little more insight into what is happening on your power line at the XTB and why it is struggling to transmit.

Thank you Sir!
                Not a problem, give me 1 week.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks Gordon! I just posted a new version of the plugin (.41). Please install this before you do your testing as I've added some new debug messages.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Thanks Gordon! I just posted a new version of the plugin (.41). Please install this before you do your testing as I've added some new debug messages.
                    Will do, thanks
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gordon, please install beta v3.0.0.42 of the plugin as it adds information about the time it takes for an X10 command to be transmitted.

Please let me know what you find!
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Gordon, please install beta v3.0.0.42 of the plugin as it adds information about the time it takes for an X10 command to be transmitted.

Please let me know what you find!
                        Hi Mark,V.42 installed ok, Ran some test with XTBM Pro, not 100% sure how to read results so here they are as on display........

X8.12 F120K N00
                        B09 OFF

x8.20 F120K N00
                        E03 ON

Extract from log
                        Mar-26 19:07:10 X10 WARNING 5.4 seconds for CM11A to send data. Possible noise or interference on power line.
                        Mar-26 19:07:10 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (5 sec)
                        Mar-26 19:07:09 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (4 sec)
                        Mar-26 19:07:08 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (3 sec)
                        Mar-26 19:07:07 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (2.02 sec)
                        Mar-26 19:07:06 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (1 sec)
                        Mar-26 19:07:04 X10 WARNING 4.91 seconds for CM11A to send data. Possible noise or interference on power line.
                        Mar-26 19:07:04 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (4 sec)
                        Mar-26 19:07:03 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (3 sec)
                        NO noise showing on meter!

Current Date/Time: 26/03/2017 19:09:25
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
                        System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 28 Minutes 5 Seconds
                        Number of Devices: 336
                        Number of Events: 217
                        Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.39.0: BLBackup
                        2.0.5.0: BLGarbage
                        2.0.126.0: BLRadar
                        2.0.89.0: BLRF
                        1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                        3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
                        3.0.0.20: ImperiHome
                        3.0.6265.20586: UltraWeatherWU3
                        3.0.0.42: X10
                        3.0.1.102: Z-Wave

If any more info required please ask.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Gordon, thanks for testing your power line at the outlet that your XTB is plugged into, and for using v42 to test with!

As I read the XTBM results:
                          X8.12 means a signal strength of 8.2v (good)
                          F120K means the rec'd signal frequency is 120kHz (good)
                          N00 means 0.0v of noise (good)
                          B09 OFF is the X10 message that was received and measured.

Your meter says that there is no noise on the power line. However, the X10 plugin says that it is taking in excess of 5 seconds for the XTB to transmit the X10 data onto the power line. Yikes, it should take less than 1 sec for this!!

Based on your testing it appears that there is an issue with your XTB interface.

Do you have another interface you can try in place of the XTB?

It might be a good idea to check in with Jeff Volp to ask what might be causing this...
                          Last edited by mfisher; December 28, 2017, 12:45 PM.
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Hi Gordon, thanks for testing your power line at the outlet that your XTB is plugged into, and for using v42 to test with!

Your meter says that there is no noise on the power line. However, the X10 plugin says that it is taking in excess of 5 seconds for the TXB to transmit the X10 data onto the power line. Yikes, it should take less than 1 sec for this!!

Based on your testing it appears that there is an issue with your XTB interface.

It might be a good idea to check in with Jeff Volp to ask what might be causing this...
                            I also monitored the line for 10 mins in noise only mode and nothing. I do have another XTB and a couple of old CM11a's
                            sigpic

Comment

Your meter says that there is no noise on the power line. However, the X10 plugin says that it is taking in excess of 5 seconds for the TXB to transmit the X10 data onto the power line. Yikes, it should take less than 1 sec for this!!

Reading your thoughts I decided to do a test.

I shutdown zwave and the RF receivers so nothing would trigger scripts or events to send X10 commands. Monitored with XTBM for 5 mins and no traffic, then manually fired a X10 device

HS log shows
                              Mar-26 21:14:21 X10 WARNING 4.47 seconds for CM11A to send data. Possible noise or interference on power line.
                              Mar-26 21:14:21 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (4 sec)
                              Mar-26 21:14:20 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (3 sec)
                              Mar-26 21:14:19 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (2.02 sec)
                              Mar-26 21:14:18 X10 WARNING Still waiting for CM11a to send data... (1 sec)
                              however XTBM history shows G12 on 1m:50s ago which is less than one second after I hit the button and the lamp responded, in fact the log was showing still waiting long after lamp came on.

Not sure if the log time stamp is time of writing or real time.

In fact the X10 keeps re-transmitting the command every couple of milliseconds and misses any device commands while doing this
                              Last edited by Gogs; March 26, 2017, 03:29 PM. Reason: Further observation
                              sigpic

Comment

@Gordon, when did you get your XTB232?

I sent an XTB232 over to Adam around 2012-13 (?) which worked fine initially with HS2 and not well when first trying HS3.

Jeff wrote about a free firmware upgrade to the XTB232 in 2013.

I wanted report on a firmware update for the XTB-232.

A couple of folks who purchased the XTB-232 or XTB-523 reported problems receiving incoming X10 commands. These units have about the same sensitivity as other X10 devices in a low-noise environment. Because they incorporate AGC to raise their detection thresholds above the background noise level, I thought the lower sensitivity was due to powerline noise.

Recently one of those folks reported the problem occurred when his XPCR repeater was in service, which gave me the clue I needed to simulate what was going on. The AGC sample point is 1.6mS after each zero crossing to ignore the normal 1mS signal bursts. I discovered the XPCR and similar Leviton repeaters actually output much longer signal bursts that extend into the AGC sample region, and were being sampled as noise. The firmware for both of these units has been changed to ignore the longer signal bursts.

A free firmware update is available for anyone who is using the XTB-232 along with the XPCR or Leviton repeater. Just contact me directly. Note that this only affects incoming commands from remote transmitters.

Here I used to use the XPCR and currently have the old CP303 in place.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X