Larry - New update soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry - New update soon?

I would be interested in trialing and possible purchase of this plugin with some of the upgrades mentioned in the other threads. Are these upgrades still in the works or did you decide to just support the current version and not develop this any further?
    John

I have some updates in the works, but not much time to work on it lately. Please be patient, I will start work on it again soon I hope. My day job has been rather demanding lately.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
      I have some updates in the works, but not much time to work on it lately.......... My day job has been rather demanding lately.
      Thats what I hate about work, it gets in the way of the fun stuff.
      John

Comment

You got that right. The nerve of some companies!
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I have a new version of the plugin working...well sorta.

If I edit the INI file with the new default speaker states info, the plugin will default back to the predefined states successfully.

But I am having great difficulty getting the web crap to work. My configuration page is trying to use some checkboxes so that a checkmark next to each speaker would specify that the speaker should default to on as it's return state from anouncements ect., but the checkbox states do not change nor does the submit button save the states to the INI file like I imagined they should.

The checkbox thing is holding things up, until I figure how to use the stupid thing, and wouldn't you know there is not much documentation or samples to work with.

Hope you all will be patient for a little while longer.
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I'm glad to hear your still at it. I would be OK with just using scripts to set the patterns and return to the previous state. Or make adjustment to an ini file. Unless your saying that the status of the speakers is not being reported accurately in Homeseer.
            John

Comment

If the INI file is edited manually then the plugin works as expected.

ie. if you added the following to the INI file:

[DefaultSpkrState]
              SpkrName1=True
              SpkrName2=False
              SpkrName3=True
              SpkrName4=False
              SpkrName5=True
              SpkrName6=False
              SpkrName7=True
              SpkrName8=False

The result would be that the (Odd speakers in this case) would be set to True and would return to the ON state after an announcement. This all works fine.

But, I was hoping to be able to update the INI file from the configuration web page, which still does not work.

Does this help?
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I have not used the original plugin so I am not sure how your previous version worked. Sounds like the INI needs to update when speakers or inputs A/B are manually being switched from the web page and this is not working yet.
                John

Comment

I have problems with anything related to the web pages. Back in the day when we had the windows client, things were pretty straight forward.

But, NO --- Everything works perfectly in the plugin INCLUDING returning to a DEFAULT state after any announcements etc..

The problem is trying to use a WEB page to edit the INI file!!!!

If I edit the INI file manually and reload the plugin---everything is good. It's the WEB page that is causing me grief.

I am using the HS API (HTMLPublic.vb) to call a HTML_Append(FormCheckBox("Speaker-1", "Spkr1Def", "value", Checked)) for each speaker to determine if checked then save it as on. In the corresponding PutPage, I use:

Case "Spkr1Def"
                  Select Case "True
                  End Case
                  Case "Spkr2Def"

The problem is nothing from the checkbox is passed to the PutPage from GenPage.

Oh well, I am still figuring that part out.

Hope this explaination helps!
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Larry,
                    If you would like some help with the ini editing in a plugin, get with me some evening. I used checkboxes a lot when making the HSTV 3 plugin.
                    Email or IM me.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                      I have problems with anything related to the web pages. Back in the day when we had the windows client, things were pretty straight forward.

But, NO --- Everything works perfectly in the plugin INCLUDING returning to a DEFAULT state after any announcements etc..
                      I've been kind of avoiding this question but.. Will the revised plugin be able to return to a saved state? Example: If I have speaker 1,2 & 3 "on" and input A "on" lets say to listen to the radio in three rooms. I then need to announce caller ID on all speakers on input B. Will the plugin be able to revert back to the previous state once the caller ID is announced? This may not be a default setting but one that was manually selected from the web page to listen to the radio.
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                        Larry,
                        If you would like some help with the ini editing in a plugin, get with me some evening. I used checkboxes a lot when making the HSTV 3 plugin.
                        Email or IM me.
                        Cool, I will take you up on that offer. Thx.

All I need now is to get home from work early enough to get started.
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                          I've been kind of avoiding this question but.. Will the revised plugin be able to return to a saved state? Example: If I have speaker 1,2 & 3 "on" and input A "on" lets say to listen to the radio in three rooms. I then need to announce caller ID on all speakers on input B. Will the plugin be able to revert back to the previous state once the caller ID is announced? This may not be a default setting but one that was manually selected from the web page to listen to the radio.
                          The answer is YES, by "Default" --- I mean anything you set as your DEFAULT, the plugin will return to that setting, including Inputs A or B and any combination of speaker outputs.
                          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Many thanks to Jeff Farmer, who help get the config web-page working.

A new version 2.2.0.5 was added to the updater which allows default state of inputs and ouputs to be saved and will revert back to those default states after any event or announcements...
                            <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                            X