No announcement yet.

Trying to get lrpspeak going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get home this evening I will attach a screen shot of using an command in an event and using a script in an event. I will even attach the scripts.

Please read carefully the options available to you, under the events/actions - run scripts. There should be a text box to input the command prefixed with a &.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Attached is a screen shot of setting up the event...
      Also attached is a screen shot of event calling a script...
      Also attached is a zip containing a script...
      Attached Files
      -Larry

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Thanks for the examples I got it to work. I don't know any thing about scripts or commands. Whats the easiest way to do this with out having to type all that stuff out each time for each event? Here's my guess. Set up scripts for on and off for each speaker. Create more scripts for the volumes and delays. I could then use the scripts for all my events and not have to mess with typing that stuff out each time. Let me know if this is correct. Here's an example of what I will need to do for each event.

Kitchen Music Event
        run the below scripts
        "itunes plugin actions"
        "kitchen on "
        "masterbath off"
        "livingroom off"
        "office off"
        "deck off"
        "hot tub off"
        "garage off"
        "basement off"
        "volume normal"

I will have to tell each event where every speaker should be set to for that specific event, set the proper volume, and delay. But once the scripts are made its just a matter of running all these scripts to make it happen. How much time does it take to run 10 or 11 different scripts per event? What kind of delay is needed.

One other thing I don't know how to do would be getting HSP to turn on the proper speakers when announcing a call. Where do I set that up?

Thanks
        Lance

Comment

Larry,

I don't actually use your plug-in so please accept this with the helpful intent that is intended: You could have your plug-in act on device status changed triggers for the speaker devices. That would allow what 68sting was expecting, as you could force a speaker status change whenever an event or user caused the device to change. That's what I did with my AB8SS scripts (I realize it would work differently for a plug-in, but might cause less confusion).

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 68sting View Post
            Thanks for the examples I got it to work. I don't know any thing about scripts or commands. Whats the easiest way to do this with out having to type all that stuff out each time for each event? Here's my guess. Set up scripts for on and off for each speaker. Create more scripts for the volumes and delays. I could then use the scripts for all my events and not have to mess with typing that stuff out each time. Let me know if this is correct. Here's an example of what I will need to do for each event.

Kitchen Music Event
            run the below scripts
            "itunes plugin actions"
            "kitchen on "
            "masterbath off"
            "livingroom off"
            "office off"
            "deck off"
            "hot tub off"
            "garage off"
            "basement off"
            "volume normal"

I will have to tell each event where every speaker should be set to for that specific event, set the proper volume, and delay. But once the scripts are made its just a matter of running all these scripts to make it happen. How much time does it take to run 10 or 11 different scripts per event? What kind of delay is needed.

One other thing I don't know how to do would be getting HSP to turn on the proper speakers when announcing a call. Where do I set that up?

Thanks
            Lance
            Hi Lance,

I could write the above into a single script if you like ?

Also here is a print screen of using Setup Page - Under the Phone Tab, showing how the HSP can switch all speakers on for a callerID announcement.

NOTICE under the section titled Caller-ID Settings, you will see a text box titled Preceed Caller-ID with:--> [Loc All] Text here....

The [Loc All] tells the plugin to switch ALL speakers, in this example.
            Attached Files
            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
              Larry,

I don't actually use your plug-in so please accept this with the helpful intent that is intended: You could have your plug-in act on device status changed triggers for the speaker devices. That would allow what 68sting was expecting, as you could force a speaker status change whenever an event or user caused the device to change. That's what I did with my AB8SS scripts (I realize it would work differently for a plug-in, but might cause less confusion).

Steve
              Hey Steve,

I will need to experiment with triggers and actions in the plugin, as I do not have any experience using them. Most of my plugins were intended to very simplistic to keep them mean and lean and to accomplish very specific tasks without a lot of overhead. But this might be a worthy effort for me to work on.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hello Larry

If you could post that script I would appreciate it. I can use it as a model to make others then. Also I need most of the speakers to come on but not all with HSP. I have two pairs of speakers outside that I don't want announcing my callers. How would I do that.

Thanks
                Lance

Comment

Hello Larry

If you could post that script I would appreciate it. I can use it as a model to make others then. Also I need most of the speakers to come on but not all with HSP. I have two pairs of speakers outside that I don't want announcing my callers. How would I do that.

Thanks
                  Lance
                  Sure I will whip a script tonight for you. Also if you just want a few specific speakers instead of ALL for announcements, then tell HSP in Setup-Phone callerID as before:

instead of:
                  [Loc All] Text to be spoken...

use something like this:
                  [Loc Bedroom1, Bedroom2, Kitchen] Text to be spoken...

only use the speaker names you defined in Homeseer.

It's really quite simple after you have done it a couple of times.
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Here you go Lance, I documented the lines of code to help you be able to understand what is happening and possibly allow you to create new scripts from this example.
                    Attached Files
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Here's what I put in HSP and here's the log. Should there be a space after the comma?

Thanks
                      Lance

[Loc Kitchen, Basement, BathRoom, Garage, LivingRoom, Master Bedroom] you have a call from

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:12 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>-----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Ring</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>HSPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>gRingStopTime = 8000</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Line ringing (line Default Line), count: 4 ForceAnswer: 0 Normrings: 4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>HSPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Answering call in 4 rings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:16 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>-----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:16 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Connected line: Default Line</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/28/2007 9:19:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Lance,

Go to Setup->Interfaces Tab->and select config button next to lrpSpeak. When you get to the lrpSpeak configuration page, please select Enable Debug in the Drop down box and press the Submit Changes button. Allow the plugin to see a couple of speak or callerID events. Then go to your (HS Root Directory\Logs and zip up the lrpSpeak.log file and post it here for me, so I can see what the plugin thinks it sees.

Thx.
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I turned on Debub and get this error. Do I need to create this file?

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/30/2007 10:28:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>WriteDebugLog()-FileOpen received Exception error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Logs\lrpSpeak.log'.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

I turned on Debub and get this error. Do I need to create this file?

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/30/2007 10:28:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>lrpSpeak Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>WriteDebugLog()-FileOpen received Exception error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Logs\lrpSpeak.log'.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No the plugin should have created it for you...let me check into this also.
                            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Verify that there is a Logs directory under your HS (HomeSeer 2) directory, I think it is automatically created by HS 2.2.0.X, at least is was on my system.
                              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I don't have a logs directory. My HS logs are in here C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2. Should I just make a \Logs\lrpSpeak.log folder?

Comment

Working...
                                X