MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artstein View Post
    I don't know if this helps your debugging or not, but the repeat and skip track issue with WMP is also present when NOT in shuffle mode. Just thought I'd mention that.
    That confirms my suspicion. Sometime players send a "transitioning" event, I think when they are buffering up but this was mistakenly advancing in the queue and I changed that in the new version. I've emailed last night a new version to HS to be put in the updater. Try again when it comes out.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Is it ok to change the Location 1, Location 2 and device name for the devices created by the plugin, or do they need to be named a certain way for the plugin to find/use them?
      I don't use any of that to find the devices and if HS lets you to change it, than the PI should be OK with that.

Dirk

Comment

Great! Thanks Dirk!

Comment

Just FYI... I keep getting the following in the log... It's filling-up the log in fact... Would you happen to know why it's doing that?

Error in AVTGetTransportInfo for device = MCXX: scotty: and InstanceID = 0 with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

New MediaController HS3 v3.0.0.12 posted

Changes to v3.0.0.12
            • A shuffle/repeat Queue was added to distinguish from setting repeat/shuffle on the player or just the PI's Queue behavior
            • Repeat/Shuffle buttons will now only show up IF the player supports it (most don't). Best to delete/recreate your device to find out
            • Fixed shuffle icon missing under Linux (another capital/no capital error)
            • Fixed error in shuffle as last element was never selected
            • Optimized Shuffle a little to prevent from the same Object to be played twice in a row
            • There is an issue with scrollbars on the playerpage unless you are on HS3 >v130. Added old fix back to support version <v130

Comment

Every time I power on or off the TV, this device get's moved from "Media", "Samsung TV (stue") to "Mediacontroller", "[TV] Samsung".

Is there any way to stop that?
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                Every time I power on or off the TV, this device get's moved from "Media", "Samsung TV (stue") to "Mediacontroller", "[TV] Samsung".

Is there any way to stop that?
                Sorry, missed that one. Will be fixed in next version. Trust all other devices are OK?

Dirk

Comment

Seems to be, but I'll double check. Thanks!
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hi Dirk,

One of my boys turned on the XBox this morning and the following error messages appeared in the HS Log. Any ideas what's causing them?

Thanks
                    Al

Code:
                    Nov-08 11:21:26 AM	 	MC Error	Error in ExtractAllServices for device = MC - Xbox 360 going through the services with error = Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
                    Nov-08 11:18:25 AM	 	MC Error	Error in ProcessAVTransportXML for UPnPDevice = MC - Xbox 360 with VariableName = TransportPlaySpeed and Value = and error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Dirk,

One of my boys turned on the XBox this morning and the following error messages appeared in the HS Log. Any ideas what's causing them?

Thanks
                      Al

Code:
                      Nov-08 11:21:26 AM	 	MC Error	Error in ExtractAllServices for device = MC - Xbox 360 going through the services with error = Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
                      Nov-08 11:18:25 AM	 	MC Error	Error in ProcessAVTransportXML for UPnPDevice = MC - Xbox 360 with VariableName = TransportPlaySpeed and Value = and error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                      Are you running on Linux?
                      Latest version of the PI?
                      Can you turn debug and perhaps super debug on , take log, post log

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Windows and version 3.0.0.11. I'll try to capture a debug.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Windows and version 3.0.0.11. I'll try to capture a debug.

Cheers
                          Al
                          No need for a debug capture, built in protection. XBOX reported a value with an empty string.
                          Will be fixed in next release
                          Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                            No need for a debug capture, built in protection. XBOX reported a value with an empty string.
                            Will be fixed in next release
                            Dirk
                            Great, thanks!

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Seems the DLNA Servers and Players don't connect again when shutdown and restarted.
                              If I restart the plugin, they connect again.
                              I've been on version 3.0.0.6 until just recently, and it had been working fine for months.
                              On 31.10.14 I updated to 3.0.0.11 then on 5.11.14 I updated to 3.0.0.12.
                              I'm not sure when it started doing this because I've only just noticed it, but I suspect after updating to 3.0.0.11.
                              Log attached ...
                              1. shutting the plugin down
                              2. restarting with dlna servers/players on
                              3. shutdown XBMC
                              4. restart XBMC

Cheers
                              J
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                                Hi Dirk,

Seems the DLNA Servers and Players don't connect again when shutdown and restarted.
                                If I restart the plugin, they connect again.
                                I've been on version 3.0.0.6 until just recently, and it had been working fine for months.
                                On 31.10.14 I updated to 3.0.0.11 then on 5.11.14 I updated to 3.0.0.12.
                                I'm not sure when it started doing this because I've only just noticed it, but I suspect after updating to 3.0.0.11.
                                Log attached ...
                                1. shutting the plugin down
                                2. restarting with dlna servers/players on
                                3. shutdown XBMC
                                4. restart XBMC

Cheers
                                J
                                I see everything behaving as it should be, up to where you shutdown XBMC. Don't see anything about XBMC coming on-line. If you wait a while, does it come on-line? If you click on the discover new device button, does it show up as on-line? Which version of XBMC are you running? If XBMC does not announce itself when it starts up, the PI wouldn't know it is back. At start up of the PI, the PI specifically queries the network to see who is there but once that is done, it relies on the standard UPNP methodology where devices send alive messages at fixed periods or when they come on-line.

I did make some changes in that area though (for Linux) so I may have inadvertently broken something.

I did spot one error on the TCPListener in the earlier part of the log but I don't think that is the cause but I'll have a look at that as well.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X