MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
    Yeah, the setup I have worked fine with your HS2 version. I just tried a few things again earlier, just to make sure I was telling it right.

HS2 Version
    There is a Philips iPhone app I use to play video/films. I can select from DLNA servers in the app and send them on my TV (probably with upnp/dlna). If I start a film this way the transport shows playing etc. and what is playing on the HS2 PI. Once started this way I can pause/play using the TV remote / iPhone app or HS2 - and it all works (I have lights up and down with play/pause). Starting with the TV remote doesn't work (due to reasons you gave). Selecting from the HS2 web page works ok. Volume can be controlled from HS.

HS3 Version
    I have tried the same as above, and selected a video from the PI HS3 web browser and nothing starts on the TV. I cant mute or adjust the volume and the transport devices don't change either.

I've tried stop first but no difference (although does update the 'Player' device artwork). I'm not sure if there is upnp authentication on the TV and can't find anyway to alter upnp/dlna settings. - there aren't any. So I turned on upnp verbose and debug logging, and tried starting a film from the the PI web page / adjust volume / mute etc etc and attach the log. Hopefully it will help.

Cheers
    J

ps Version 3.0.0.2
    Definitely you need to try version 3, may have fixed your issue as well
    Dirk

Comment

I saw that after I posted - just tried it, no difference

Comment

Ok than I really need you to set the PI debug flag on, the UPNP flag to errors and events, restart HS (or at least the PI) and capture all the debug log from start to where you instruct the TV to do something. I also need you to go to the PI config page, click on "log whole network" go to <hsroot>\html\MediaController\Searchresults, zip everything in there and post or email

Dirk

Comment

Skinnez, I checked, double checked, looked on line, it all looks OK. However, there is one HTTP difference I've noticed and there are some postings that some HTTP servers cannot handle it.
          So I made some changes and a new v4 is attached here. Download it, unzip it, copy in HS3 folder and overwrite existing. Let me know once you have it downloaded so I'll remove it from here.
          If it works than I'll update the official link. If it doesn't work, I hope you know how to use Wireshark traces because I'm running out of ideas....
          Dirk
          Last edited by dcorsus; May 22, 2014, 05:06 PM. Reason: Removed attachment

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Skinnez, I checked, double checked, looked on line, it all looks OK. However, there is one HTTP difference I've noticed and there are some postings that some HTTP servers cannot handle it.
            So I made some changes and a new v4 is attached here. Download it, unzip it, copy in HS3 folder and overwrite existing. Let me know once you have it downloaded so I'll remove it from here.
            If it works than I'll update the official link. If it doesn't work, I hope you know how to use Wireshark traces because I'm running out of ideas....
            Dirk
            Got it! I'll try it this evening after work. Fingers crossd
            Cheers
            J

Comment

please turn debug flags on, take screen shots of device management page of relevant device, screenshot of PIs config screen, screenshot of events, screenshots of anything you do, simply stating it doesn't work I can't help you that way. The log isn't showing anything without debug flags on. Did you consult the help file? How did you create and test your SMS function?

The log only shows 2 things, one error on an image missing, maybe this was taken before you figured out what to copy where (see header of this post). It also shows using your MG phone as a content server, it's doesn't appear to have content. For the rest, nothing in the log file.

Dirk
              Hi Dirk,

I've included a lot of info this time. Let me explain.

I am using one server - called NAS on 192.168.1.3
              I am testing two players: MGPhone on 192.168.1.101
              and Samsung (TV) on 192.168.1.21

(I'm not trying the sms function for now - just playing music to start).

I've also upgraded to version 4 you posted for Skinnez.

I deleted all devices and reinstalled to version 4 and re-created the devices.
              I can play music no issues using the web pages provided on the plug in menu.
              Functions work from the devices screen (changing volume, etc).
              I cannot get events to work. I've included two sets of log files:
              HS3log.xlsx is eveything from creating events, devices, etc lots of stuff and then testing an event on both MGPhone and Samsung.
              MGPhone test.xlsx is a single test of one event that you can see on MGPhoneevent.png.

Let me know if there is any specific test you want me to do. Or if I have debug flags set incorrectly. I appreciate the effort involved in sorting through this stuff.

Also, a minor bug for the android - volume seems to be scaled 0-100% but for android the volume is scaled 0-15. So anything above 15% is actually full volume.

Thankyou. Much appreciated in advance.
              Also, please disregard the warnings about images not found, I accidentally had an extra "images" folder in the /images/Media controller folder. Fixed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                Hi Dirk,

I've included a lot of info this time. Let me explain.

I am using one server - called NAS on 192.168.1.3
                I am testing two players: MGPhone on 192.168.1.101
                and Samsung (TV) on 192.168.1.21

(I'm not trying the sms function for now - just playing music to start).

I've also upgraded to version 4 you posted for Skinnez.

I deleted all devices and reinstalled to version 4 and re-created the devices.
                I can play music no issues using the web pages provided on the plug in menu.
                Functions work from the devices screen (changing volume, etc).
                I cannot get events to work. I've included two sets of log files:
                HS3log.xlsx is eveything from creating events, devices, etc lots of stuff and then testing an event on both MGPhone and Samsung.
                MGPhone test.xlsx is a single test of one event that you can see on MGPhoneevent.png.

Let me know if there is any specific test you want me to do. Or if I have debug flags set incorrectly. I appreciate the effort involved in sorting through this stuff.

Also, a minor bug for the android - volume seems to be scaled 0-100% but for android the volume is scaled 0-15. So anything above 15% is actually full volume.

Thankyou. Much appreciated in advance.
                Also, please disregard the warnings about images not found, I accidentally had an extra "images" folder in the /images/Media controller folder. Fixed.
                Hi Mattyjee,

thanks for all the logs. I had a quick look at the attachment, all screen shots look good. I'll have a look at the rest tonight. Good news is that it works with the UI; the events were my last addition and had least test so likely to result in some bugs.

A few quick comments:

I've noticed that you turned on the superdebug flag, can you turn that one off and turn the debug flag on. Sorry for not being clear. They are kinda additive so we now have a lot of details of some things but the generic stuff is missing in the capture, when time permits, I will rewrite it like I did for the UPNP system.

I see you have icons missing in the config page. You either didn't copy the folders correct or I didn't package them up properly or didn't write it up properly. I'll double check on my side.

Good info on the volume, I need to double check that. I thought I had it changed so it would use he max vol setting from the DLNA provided info, it may either not work or the device description is wrong. If you have the debug flag on and restart HS, I think the max volume settings will be logged.

So could you turn superdebug off, turn debug on, restart hs, when the PI is completely initialized, just manually trigger the event and post log from startup to post event attempt.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Hi Mattyjee,

thanks for all the logs. I had a quick look at the attachment, all screen shots look good. I'll have a look at the rest tonight. Good news is that it works with the UI; the events were my last addition and had least test so likely to result in some bugs.

A few quick comments:

I've noticed that you turned on the superdebug flag, can you turn that one off and turn the debug flag on. Sorry for not being clear. They are kinda additive so we now have a lot of details of some things but the generic stuff is missing in the capture, when time permits, I will rewrite it like I did for the UPNP system.

I see you have icons missing in the config page. You either didn't copy the folders correct or I didn't package them up properly or didn't write it up properly. I'll double check on my side.

Good info on the volume, I need to double check that. I thought I had it changed so it would use he max vol setting from the DLNA provided info, it may either not work or the device description is wrong. If you have the debug flag on and restart HS, I think the max volume settings will be logged.

So could you turn superdebug off, turn debug on, restart hs, when the PI is completely initialized, just manually trigger the event and post log from startup to post event attempt.

Thanks

Dirk
                  MattyJee,

no need to try to capture the max volume settings at init, I found it in the log, the DLNA definition is good, so there is something wrong with my implementation

GetXMLValues for device = MGPhone found matching Tag = maximum and TagValue = 15

If you go to the device management page, click on the hyperlinked name for the volume device for your Phone's renderer, click on advanced, what do you see the ranges of the volume slider set to? Is this only an issue in the UI or also on the devices in the device management page (shows up in two different places)?

Now look at rest of log...

I did notice that your WAP showed up as a server (??) Does it have some storage? Just curious.

Dirk

Comment

Yabbadabbadoooooo!!!

Dirk,
                    Looks like you hit the nail right between the eyes. IT WORKS !! Just trying a few things and Ill get back to you. Main thing - I can send stuff to the TV!!! I've tried just video and music so far (couldn't get an album to play from your player - it didn't understand "album", but single tracks were ok)

Volume slider works from HS device and your player, but the mute still won't work

Video track position slider works great on HS device but not on your player.
                    Audio track position works great on both.

I also noticed that some icons were missing too - its the OKbtn, NOKbtn, and the yellow one. The small ones are there just not the bigger ones.

I have got quite a few of your triggers/conditions going and have used the device status direct in events and they seem fine so far. (Correction - triggers not working, using device status in events does though)

Good job sir and enjoy your weekend,

Cheers
                    J
                    Last edited by Skinnez; May 22, 2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like you hit the nail right between the eyes. IT WORKS !!
                      Well I had to because my fingers were starting to hurt Glad to read that was the issue and very lucky actually that I spotted this difference a while back when I was doing Wireshark traces on my system. Without that, would have never found it.

I've tried just video and music so far (couldn't get an album to play from your player - it didn't understand "album", but single tracks were ok)
                      I added this to this HS3 version and this is going to be one of those where some devices will allow a container (like a whole album) but probably most won't (because they have no concept of an internal queue). I will have to clean up this whole container/navigating/event business in the near future. For time being, do single items.

but the mute still won't work
                      I wonder that's up with that. This is devicemanagment page or Player control page or both?

I also noticed that some icons were missing too - its the OKbtn, NOKbtn, and the yellow one. The small ones are there just not the bigger ones.

I have got quite a few of your triggers/conditions going and have used the device status direct in events and they seem fine so far. (Correction - triggers not working, using device status in events does though)

Good job sir and enjoy your weekend,

Cheers
                      J
                      Should be no difference between HS device or player. I assume you are referring to using the slider to reposition the content, right? The problem with that is, especially on the player page that when you are playing something, the slider is updated every 2 seconds. Nothing wrong with that, IF, the jscomponent would have been so smart to NOT update the position when a user has grabbed it and is moving it around. So what may have happened is that while you were trying to reposition it, it got updated to current position and when you let it go, it didn't do anything. Try just clicking on it to reposition. Not sure how this can be made better
                      Do check the log to make sure there are no errors in them.

(Correction - triggers not working, using device status in events does though)
                      Please take screenshots and logs of what you were trying to do

enjoy your weekend
                      Youbetcha, off to wine country tomorrow for weekend of sun and wine tasting.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Did another quick test this morning before work like you asked. Super debug off, debug on. Restart HS3, do a single event to play from NAS to MGPhone and included all the logs. There are some errors in there i see.

Another point to note, after the log file was copied, I tried to use the player again, and adjust volume from device page - nothing worked this time. No more time to investigate but I thought i'd mention the difference since last night I had those functions working.

Cheers.

Oh - and enjoy your weekend. Bucketing rain all weekend here...
                        Attached Files

Comment

New MediaController HS3 beta v3.0.0.5 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.5
                          • Playing stuff on a Phillips TV wasn't working
                          • Play Item Event wasn't working
                          • Volume min/max range wasn't respected

Comment

Good Stuff!!

Well its working very well. I've got quite a bit of HSTouch done and use your media player in HST too, the media pictures don't update - but that's my iPhone HST client not your plug :/ Lots of events with my TV, XBMC to do lights/volume etc. I'm still not able to get the mute to work and have been setting the volume to 1% (wont set it to 0%).
                            I captured your HS2 DLNA Manager sending the mute to my TV with Wireshark, and also did the same with this plugin if it helps. The mute toggle works fine with XBMC.
                            I also tried TTS announcements to my TV - they got converted to mp3's on the HS3 but weren't played on the tv, from the error it looked like the tv couldn't find the file?
                            I will email the Wireshark trace's.

Cheers
                            J

Comment

I'm still not able to get the mute to work and have been setting the volume to 1% (wont set it to 0%).
                              Well, given that I haven't posted a release with the Mute fixed, it would have been quite interesting if you had it to work . I have a new beta that has the mute fixed.

I also tried TTS announcements to my TV - they got converted to mp3's on the HS3 but weren't played on the tv, from the error it looked like the tv couldn't find the file?
                              When you turn off the "use MP3 format" , does it then work or does the TV not recognize the .wav format? Could you turn the debug flag on and post the log when you try to run the announcement. I recently made some changes in that area, not sure it was part of beta 5 or on the yet to be released version. I'll give it another try here as well.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for making this plugin available. Just starting to try it under HS3. One thing that I noticed is that when the "master" plugin is disabled, the child plugin instances don't completely disable (see screenshot below) and regular (every 30 seconds) warnings appear in the log:
                                Code:
                                Warning	 Cannot access remote plugin MediaController
                                Is there a way to disable the child plugin instances so that those errors no longer appear?

Thanks
                                Al
                                Attached Files
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X