Z-Wave Scene Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Scene Management

What is the deal with Scene Management in the z-wave plugin?

It seems that everything I do causes a log entry:
    ERROR Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveScenes: Input string was not in a correct format

I can't delete anything
    Instructions are poor

Does anyone has this working for you? The only scenes I am actually able to create are in the scene controller itself, using Settings for Node > Manually configure scene.

Nothing in the plugin Scene Management is working for me.

I used that page last week to set up and modify a scene and it worked fine for me. What version of HS3 and the zwave plugin are you using?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

z-wave 3.0.0.150
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows)

Comment

You may want to upgrade to the latest versions to see if that resolves it. I'm running .125 and .172. Make sure you do a back up before upgrading .

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Should I be able to turn a scene off?
            I am able to turn it on by pressing a button in the scene controller, but I cannot turn it off. Not even using the Scene Off button in Device Management.

Comment

Z-wave scene management Problem

I am having this exact same problem with the scene management. I am just getting started with the software so it is very frustrating. I can not delete any scenes or remove any devices from the scenes. I get the same error message in the log as stated from above.

"11/26/2014 4:13:15 PM ~!~Error~!~Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveScenes: Input string was not in a correct format."

Any ideas? I checked, I do have the latest software versions that aren't in beta. Help!

Comment

Jetkit, were you able to get past this? I have the same behavior - and can't edit anything in a scene. HS 3.0.0.147/zwave 3.0.0.150.

Comment

Maybe try a newer z-wave beta. I'm running .186 and am able to create, modify and delete scenes.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

I just loaded zwave beta 187, and editing scenes works there; yay. Is there a schedule for the next official release, so these bug fixes can make it to the masses?

Comment

Originally posted by neum69 View Post
                      I just loaded zwave beta 187, and editing scenes works there; yay. Is there a schedule for the next official release, so these bug fixes can make it to the masses?
                      The norm around here is to release betas for a few months and then a release version so if the beta works for you and you are happy with it run with it. If you find any issues please put in a Bugzilla ticket on these issues.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                      X