IR solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR solution?

currently i am able to trigger some events from my Pronto touchscreen remote. i do this by sending IR to an IR 543 device which in turn sends an A1-16 command. this works well but the only problem is that i am limited to 16 commands.

it would be nice if i could hook up some kind of IR device to homeseer that would accept any IR i send it, and then perform an action based on that. so for instance, if i wanted to trigger my ceiling fan to go on, rather than sending a code to the IR 543, i could just use some random IR code from the pronto (from a device that i do not use - maybe some off brand VCR or something), and in my Event for turning on the ceiling fan, the trigger would be receiving that IR.

does that make sense?

i am fairly certain that some device like this exists but i don't really exactly what it is called and how it would physically be set up

any guidance woudl be appreciated.

Usb-uirt

Ir-trans
    --
    stipus

Comment

I use the USB-UIRT here and it works very well. I've kept a couple of old remotes for equipment i don't have anymore that i use as trigger codes. You can set it so that when HS sees a specific code it sends whatever command or event i want. it's also nice going the other way, i have a few things that are triggered off an x10 palm pad and when HS sees those it sends out what wanted in IR.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

only thing is that i would be using the pronto remote in the livign room and my homeseer is in the basement.

Comment

Have a look at the ir-trans. It works over ethernet.
          --
          stipus

Comment

so then the idea would be that i would plug the usbuirt into my htpc in the living room, and then install irtrans on my htpc and on my homeseer pc?

i actually already have the usbuirt and girder 4 running on my htpc. could i get homeseer to see girder across the network? if so, how?
            Last edited by bdee1; December 12, 2006, 09:01 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
            X