How do I best controll StellaZ TRV's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I best controll StellaZ TRV's ?

I am just transferring over to HS3 from a Vera Plus. I have 5 StellaZ TRV's, on my Vera Plus I have a PLEG (logic module) which works out when to change setpoints on the StellaZ's and to what value to set them too, depending on day of week, time, occupancy etc. I want to recreate something similar on HS3. Can I just send a setpoint to them, how reliable is that ?

I have my whole house using the StellaZ TRV's which are working very well. To control them I use HS3 events with the front end managed using HSMetro - a very nice windows tile UI - see here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=hsmetro

I can change mode and setpoints easily and the back end events trigger to poll devices as necessary to send/receive data. All heating timer features are defined by a combination of virtual devices and events to determine what happens throughout each day, home or away. You can make it as elaborate as you like.

Comment

I like that metro, looks great. Does that run on Windows (PC) and does that also work remotely or just local ?
      Do you actually need to manually poll the TRV's ? I have other (Oregon Scientific) temperature sensors so really do not need the StellaZ's temperature readings, all I want to know is the current setpoint(s)

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        I like that metro, looks great. Does that run on Windows (PC) and does that also work remotely or just local ?
        Do you actually need to manually poll the TRV's ? I have other (Oregon Scientific) temperature sensors so really do not need the StellaZ's temperature readings, all I want to know is the current setpoint(s)
        You should read the HSMetro thread to get the whole story but essentially it runs best within Chrome browser, so PC or Android (don't know about Apple because I don't have Apple stuff) and will work worldwide depending on your router setup.

The TRVs have to be polled to read or send data. HS3 will do this either within the HS device setup itself or via 'Status Polls' from events.

You will realise that being a battery device it is therefore non-listening and so the only time you can communicate with it is when it wakes up. The time between wakeups can be set by HS from 6 minutes upwards.

Comment

I have included a couple of my StellaZ's. I have tried sending a setpoint via the HS3 web interface. I used the setpoint, then where it says (value) I entered a value and pressed submit. First, does that way work ? Second, how can I tell if the setpoint has been accepted ? And where can I change the wakeup intervals ? I have mine converted to mains power so need the wakeup as short as possible as battery life is not applicable

Comment

Working...
          X