This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Devices and conditional events

I'm having a problem with conditional events triggering even when the condition is not true.

For instance, below is what I believe to be a simple manual event with conditions. If I manually trigger the event during the day, nothing should happen. However, when I test manually triggering the event during the day it turns my virtual device off. Is there something that I am missing? Thanks

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd>Stereo Off</TD><TD class=tablerowodd><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelltrigger>Manual with Conditions</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecellcondition>Time is nighttime <TR><TD align=middle>WHEN</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecelldays>Everyday
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=left width=160></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelldevice noWrap align=right width=160>Device Command:</TD><TD class=tablecelldevice align=left>Virtual Devices Stereo Off</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

More than just Virtual Devices

I tried another test with an insteon device and manual with day of week condition. I got the same results. The event triggered even though the conditions were not true. Manual with condition events just don't seem to be working.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tableroweven>Test </TD><TD class=tableroweven><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelltrigger>Manual with Conditions</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecellcondition>The day is: Mon <TR><TD align=middle>WHEN</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecelldays>Everyday
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=left width=160></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelldevice noWrap align=right width=160>Device Command:</TD><TD class=tablecelldevice align=left>House Livingroom Lamp Off</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

If you manually trigger an event by pushing the run button it will always trigger.

If you run it from another event as it should be, make sure you checked the box to have it check conditions in the event that is running your conditional event.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thank you

Nightwalker,

Thank you. I can't believe I passed right over that check box. I had been trying to run the conditional event from another event but lacked the situational awarness to check the conditions box. Thanks again!

Comment

glad I could help, it's nice to give back once in a while instead of always having to get help.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X