X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Plugin - Feature Requests

Hello,

I'm about to start working on the next version of the plug-in and have a short list of feature requests. Let me know what else you want to see and I'll implement as many as I have time for.

Current List:
    - Fix bugs when running a HomeSeer Service setup
    - Support more than two receivers
    - Support the new RSSI receivers
    - Support receivers over LAN (using a Serial to Network adapter)

Cheers,
    Jeff

Would like to set my own on/off deviceStrings via the plug-in instead of externally.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If HS is restarted, keep track of tags that were in range before the restart. If they are still in range, retain the in-range date and time rather than using the restart time.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hello All,

I'll have a new version of the plugin out in the next week or so that ignores the RSSI data from the RF9315R so that you can start buying that device for future applications. It will also fix the problems with the location of the database file when running HS as a service. I am currently testing it with my installation and will need some help with your installations as well.

Next I'll work on the HS strings for on and off as well as tracking tag status across plugin restarts. Following I'll add support for more receivers.

Let me know if there is anything else on your minds.
        Cheers,
        Jeff

Comment

Why ignore RSSI? That would be good info to see if the tag is on the fringe of coverage.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm starting with ignoring the RSSI as a first step so that the hardware is compatible. A few of the logical uses I want to build in are battery monitoring, physical positioning, tag movement, and the ability to make rules based on all of these. What other ideas do you have?

Jeff

Comment

Some indication that the receiver is/isn't online.
              Optional recording data to database. I for one am only interested in current status.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Sailwhatcom,

Hopefully you are looking at Blade's plug-in for comparison as well, and not just the one here. It's free, so you could pretty easily do some comparisons. It satisfies most of my needs.

One thing I would look for in a new plug-in that has been a nagging problem with Blade's: If there is a power outage and some of the tags change state (e.g., come into range while the power is still out), when everything powers back up the plug-in just can't seem to tell that the tags are there now. I can turn on debug logging and the plug-in obviously is receiving and reporting the tag transmissions, but it won't change the state to IN RANGE.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                  Sailwhatcom,

Hopefully you are looking at Blade's plug-in for comparison as well, and not just the one here. It's free, so you could pretty easily do some comparisons. It satisfies most of my needs.

One thing I would look for in a new plug-in that has been a nagging problem with Blade's: If there is a power outage and some of the tags change state (e.g., come into range while the power is still out), when everything powers back up the plug-in just can't seem to tell that the tags are there now. I can turn on debug logging and the plug-in obviously is receiving and reporting the tag transmissions, but it won't change the state to IN RANGE.

Steve
                  Steve, tut tut report it or add a feature request.

TrOjAn

Comment

hmm. I smell competition.
                    Anyway Jeff, a debug mode would be nice; ie. dump the received data to a log.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure to get familiar with Blade's plug-in and add the debug & optional DB state tracking to the list.

Cheers,
                      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                        Sailwhatcom,

Steve
                        OOOOOOOOO he used the "B" word!! LOL
                        gotta use TOTMNBN!

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                          Steve, tut tut report it or add a feature request.
                          TrOjAn
                          Trojan,
                          Actually if you go look on the board, I know I've reported it at least once, and I think twice. It was long enough ago that there Bob didn't have the current mechanisms for feature requests.
                          Steve

Comment

Did a new release of this ever happen to support the rssi?

Comment

Jeff tells me he's still working with it. It may be a while however.

Comment

Working...
                              X