Kinect on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kideon View Post
    are you doing a centralized mysql database for xbmc and for your speech handling event are you calling that any time you want speech then doing the conditional event calls with xbmc and if so how are you passing the message?
    I call the event when I want speech and then if XBMC is playing I have the message sent to XBMC with the GUI notification action adn it pops p on the bottom of the screen instead of speaking if XBMC is not playing then it triggers the other event and the speech is sent to speaker clients instead of XBMC. This took me alot of events for all of the notification messages I think I'm nearing 500 events total with all of my kinect VR stuff and xbmc as well as other timed events.
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

This is where spuds genius could come into play with integration.

Comment

This is where spuds genius could come into play with integration.
        having the XBMC plugin act as a speak proxy to send GUI Notification when HS want to speaks something is a good idea, I will implement it.

but note that since version 3.0.0.22 of the XBMC plugin you can now send GUI notification using a scripting call, so you could write a script like this:

Code:
        Sub Notify(ByVal text as String)
            hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GUIShowNotification", new Object() {"", "Notification", text, 5000})
            hs.Speak(text)
        End Sub
        and then from an event instead of using a "Speak Something" action you would use a "Run a script" action, and pass the notification text as a parameter like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	notify.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1174265

of course you can make the notifiy function more complex to add other notification outputs like sms, email, led sign mesage, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          having the XBMC plugin act as a speak proxy to send GUI Notification when HS want to speaks something is a good idea, I will implement it.

but note that since version 3.0.0.22 of the XBMC plugin you can now send GUI notification using a scripting call, so you could write a script like this:

Code:
          Sub Notify(ByVal text as String)
              hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GUIShowNotification", new Object() {"", "Notification", text, 5000})
              hs.Speak(text)
          End Sub
          and then from an event instead of using a "Speak Something" action you would use a "Run a script" action, and pass the notification text as a parameter like this:

[ATTACH]40783[/ATTACH]

of course you can make the notifiy function more complex to add other notification outputs like sms, email, led sign mesage, etc...
          Spud, That is a great Idea to have XBMC as a speaker proxy and send to the GUI notifications. instead of speaking. It would sure save me alot of setup in events when setting stuff up.

Cheers Ken
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

guys,
            the XBMC plugin can now act as a speak proxy see this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...63#post1128863

Comment

Ok I am really starting to get this thing integrated. 2nd Kinect is here(of course I forgot to order the power adapter..)

Am interested in being able to play specific music in iTunes or movies/shows in XBMC. Would I need to make an event for each or is there any possibility of it figuring out the title/song/etc?

Also this may be more appropriate for the XBMC forum but I would love to say Reginald play some south park and it pick a random episode then plays it (yeah one way I like to relax...) Smart playlists and random set?

Comment

Ok I am really starting to get this thing integrated. 2nd Kinect is here(of course I forgot to order the power adapter..)

Am interested in being able to play specific music in iTunes or movies/shows in XBMC. Would I need to make an event for each or is there any possibility of it figuring out the title/song/etc?
                the recognition engine cannot recognize words that are not part of "A phrase was recognized" trigger.
                but you don't have to create one event for each artist/genre/song etc, you can leverage the multiple choice syntax and do something like this

play <artist1|artist2|artist3|artist4>

and then use a script to get what artist has been chosen

Also this may be more appropriate for the XBMC forum but I would love to say Reginald play some south park and it pick a random episode then plays it (yeah one way I like to relax...) Smart playlists and random set?
                I'm not very familiar with smart playlist but have you tested the "Player Open Media" action as described here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...27#post1128327

Comment

Is genre available? I see Playiist, Album and Song in the iTunes DAAP event actions. Genre would actually be really cool to add. I haven't played around with the playlists it's next on the list.

Comment

Just bought the plugin! That's now three of your fine work's Spud! Specific to Kinect for the future releases I would like to see some sort of gui to graphically create the branching choice options in a recognized commend with the ability to execute an event or script call passing whatever argument that could be optioned to execute or not based on which kinect recognized the command. For example, just saying lights on anywhere in the house and having it figure out I was in the living room and to turn on just those lights without creating a ton of events or scripts. Also the ability to take input from other devices and integration with Jasper or other internet of things out there. Just a wish list thanks for all of the hard work.

Comment

Anyone ever get a Kinect running on Linux. I would love to use a raspberry pi with a Kinect
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        Anyone ever get a Kinect running on Linux. I would love to use a raspberry pi with a Kinect
                        The kinect plugin needs the Microsoft kinect SDK which as far as I know doesn't run on Linux.
                        That being said Microsoft is going to release a version of windows 10 for the Raspberry Pi 2, so I hope it's going to be compatible with the kinect SDK. I'll test it as soon as it is released.

Comment

There's a platform called open kinect Linux that may help

Comment

Hopefully soon we can run a kinect on a RPi
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Can this be integrated into the plugin to allow the kinect plugin to work on Linux?

http://openkinect.org/wiki/Main_Page
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                                Can this be integrated into the plugin to allow the kinect plugin to work on Linux?

http://openkinect.org/wiki/Main_Page
                                it would mean rewriting most of the plugin, and this openkinect library seems more low-level compared to the MS kinect SDK, so it would be more difficult to get the same features.

Moreover the speech recognition engine used by the plugin wouldn't work either on Linux, so we would need a replacement for that as well.

In other words, it's not my intention to go this route.
                                If you absolutely want the kinect running on a RPi, I would wait to see what can be done with win 10 for the RPi 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X