Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pico remotes controlling HS3 devices is lightning fast

Hi everyone,

I pretty much only use this plug in and Lutron for Pico remotes. For anyone unfamiliar, the Pico remotes look exactly like the actual Lutron dimmer, and are decorator style. So they can pair with a $9 plastic mount and then go on a wall box, or glue/screw directly on the wall and it looks like it's a physical light switch especially if you mount a Claro wall plate with it.

The one thing I love is that if you do an event in HS3, like "If Pico remote button ON is pressed, turn on Z-Wave Kitchen Light. If OFF is pressed, turn off Z-Wave Kitchen Light", it is lightning fast. It's so fast you'd think the Pico was directly controlling that light, there is absolutely zero delay. I have one on the wall, a Pico with just on and off, just glued to the wall with a Claro wall plate glued with it, that controls my Z-Wave fireplace. It looks like a wired, normal wall switch except it cost $29. The 2 button On/Off ones are great for devices like that, or hot tub, garage door, etc. They also are instant status and support counters, so you can write events where double or triple tap on does a different event and so on.

I also use the Philips Hue wall dimmers as they work great also, but they are on a 2 second poll and are not instant status like the Pico's, but are another good option for anyone wanting a remote or keypad. Just thought I'd share if anyone wants a super elegant way to add nice remotes or keypads fairly inexpensively, as you just need the Smart Bridge Pro, the plugin and then the dirt cheap $24 Pico remotes. They come in different styles, like 2 button ON/OFF, or the 5 button ON/OFF,Raise/Lower/Favourite.
Working...
X