www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Blade Plug-Ins > BLRF (3P)

BLRF (3P) Discussion of BLRF plug-in

Old December 6th, 2017, 02:45 AM
Seer

Flaky W800USB

I recently upgraded my not-so-trusty MR26A to a WGL W800USB, and am wondering if I got a lemon…

I've tried running it under SimpleRF, then BLRF. I've tried it plugged directly into the laptop I run HS3 on, and into its docking station. Every which way, it stops working within 24 hours, often much sooner. Disabling and re-enabling the plug-in usually gets it going again, though sometimes I don't get the "Receiver #1 - WGL W800RF32 Receiver (COM4) Open" entry, and have to try again.

When it does work, it's fast, and my Palm Pads are rock solid. My Stick-a-Switches, though, have worse range than with the MR26A – they won't work unless they're in direct line-of-sight with the antenna…

Having spent $100, I'm disappointed not to be seeing a big improvement. Any suggestions on things to try, or should I try to return it for another?

Thanks!
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:29 AM
Seer

Forgot to mention that even when the W800 becomes unresponsive, its green LED blinks off when I press a Palm Pad button – so it's receiving a signal, just not communicating with BLRF.
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:54 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have had differing luck with some of the usb devices and many times it is related to the usb port and if power saving might be turned on for the usb hub on the motherboard. So first you might just try different usb port if you have one or if it is a usb 3 try it on usb 2 or the other way around or if it is on an addon card instead of the builtin one swap it around. Also you might make sure all of the power saving features for the usb hubs/ports are disabled so it doesn't try to shutdown or go into power saving after running for a while.

For reasons like this is why my 3 W800's are all serial devices.

Jeff.