Z-Wave Scene Reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Scene Reliability

I have a Scene that contains three Leviton Switches and one Leviton Appliance Module with the ZMEUUZB1 Z-Wave adapter.

For some reason when executing a scene from an event to turn the lights on/off the results are really unreliable. Sometimes some lights turn on/off, sometimes they don't. However, if I execute an event that has all the devices individually it seems to always work.

Any thoughts why?
    Last edited by amattas; December 10, 2017, 10:24 AM.

Originally posted by amattas View Post
    I have a Scene that contains two Leviton Switches, one Leviton Appliance Module, and one GE Appliance module (all Z-Wave Plus) with the ZMEUUZB1 Z-Wave adapter.

For some reason when executing a scene from an event to turn the lights on/off the results are really unreliable. Sometimes some lights turn on/off, sometimes they don't. However, if I execute an event that has all the devices individually it seems to always work.

Any thoughts why?
    All the same brand controller? I use Levitons which always seem to just work.. Also - I forget to hit "Deploy" sometimes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1194279

Comment

Definitely did Save and Deploy, there is no other controller in the mix other than my ZMEUUZP sticl on my Homeseer box. The devices aren't all the same brand but it's a simple on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by amattas View Post
        Definitely did Save and Deploy, there is no other controller in the mix other than my ZMEUUZP sticl on my Homeseer box. The devices aren't all the same brand but it's a simple on and off.
        Are they all "Scene Capable" devices? If not you would get the red warning text - might as well use HS if you aren't doing anything fancy like ramp rates.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1194281

Comment

Yes, all scene capable devices, its just odd that they work fine when addressed directly, and hit or miss on a scene. Also, update - they are all the same brand I forgot the GE device was separate of them.

Comment

Could it be the ZWave.me controller, should I be using one of the other ones with HomeSeer instead?

Comment

I agree they should work reliably - what does your log say when they fail?

There is also the diagnostic tool Zseer+ that might help you figure it out.

Comment

Dec-10 7:17:21 AM
                Z-Wave
                Device:*Basement Basement Door Light*Set to*OFF
                Dec-10 7:15:00 AM
                The log database is currently 2.59MB in size.

Dec-10 7:07:41 AM
                Z-Wave
                Control: HomeSeer issued a Z-Wave Scene Activation command for scene ID 2 which will be multicast and sent to scene nodes from the list: 3,13,10,6
                Dec-10 7:07:41 AM
                Z-Wave
                Activating SAVED scene 2 on nodes 3,13,10,6 to Level 0 at Ramp Rate 0

Comment

I installed a bunch of Leviton's, and found out later they did not have instant status updating back to the controller if the switch was actuated. I had to change device polling to 1 second. this was trying to turn on another light after the one light was turned on manually. I then installed a motion detector and had HS turn them both on with motion which worked better because I had instant response from controller to switches, but had a second delay when activating either switch. I am now in the process of installing Homeseer wall switches which have instant reporting. I'm not sure if your issue is the same as mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X