Thermostat loses power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat loses power

I have an Aegis TS1 thermostat (aka. RC-80 thermostat) and am experiencing a strange problem. For the last 4 years it was working fine, but now it seems to lose power (the display blanks out) every 19 minutes! At first I thought it was a display problem, but about 30 seconds after it blanks out, it re-activates and every symbol on the display shows up momentarily before returning to normal. Reading the manual, this seems to indicate that the power was lost and then restored. The regularity of the momentary power outage (every 19 minutes) is strange. Has anyone ever seen/heard of this problem? Thanks.

The HAI tstats I have installed and used (RC-122, and RC-80b) all use power directly from the HVAC system. This sounds like a problem for your heating and air guy... Possibly a breaker or switch heating up and shutting off... either way it does not indicate anything good, and for sure nothing I would leave alone for long...

Comment

Originally posted by drtau
      For the last 4 years it was working fine, but now it seems to lose power (the display blanks out) every 19 minutes!
      Did you ever resolve this issue? What was the root cause?
      Last edited by ; April 3, 2005, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X